gwt-google-apis library

Ümit Seren

Aug 22, 2013, 10:43:52 AM8/22/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
This question  should be posted on the gwt-google-apis forum but I am not sure if anyone actually checks it (last post is from last year).

I have been using the gwt-google-apis library (specifically gwt-visualisations) extensively.
However there hasn't been any update to the library for a long time.
In the meantime most of the JS libraries (gwt-charts, etc) have been evolving but the gwt wrappers haven't been updated to support new features.
So I ended up copying the src and modifying it myself, but that's probably not the ideal solution (there are also a couple of other open source repository on github/google-code).

Are there any plans by the SC members for handling this situation?
I could imagine it should be possible to move it over to github and open it contributions by the community.

Michael Prentice

Aug 26, 2013, 9:37:03 AM8/26/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a great idea to me unless there is a new library that someone knows about to handle this. Hopefully someone on the SC sees this.

Ümit Seren

Aug 26, 2013, 9:40:09 AM8/26/13
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
https://code.google.com/p/gwt-charts/
This supports LayoutPanels and the new features of google chart tools.

Danilo Reinert