Oriya not a language option in Google.co.in

snehanshu

Apr 2, 2009, 6:48:37 AM4/2/09
to Google India Labs
Hi,

There is no option for Oriya as a language in Google.co.in like other
Indian languages.

Moreover, the link google oriya is not like other Indian languages.

There is no option of going to oriya link directly from www.google.co.in
and whatever link is there it looks very bad & the fonts are clumsy
and unreadable.

This request was made last year also and no progress is there on this
front from Google India.

I'd request the Google India team to look into this matter and please
update the google.co.in with Oriya being an option like other Indian
languages.

Regards
Snehanshu

dibya

May 6, 2009, 1:34:13 PM5/6/09
to Google India Labs

> Hi,
>
> There is no option for Oriya as a language in Google.co.in like other
> Indian languages.
>
> Moreover, the link google oriya is not like other Indian languages.
>
> There is no option of going to oriya link directly fromwww.google.co.in
> and whatever link is there it looks very bad & the fonts are clumsy
> and unreadable.
>
> This request was made last year also and no progress is there on this
> front from Google India.
>
> update the google.co.in with Oriya being an option like other Indian
> languages.
> please look into this matter; and make oriya a language option in google.co.in as soon as possible.
> Regards
> dibya

g ray

Jul 13, 2013, 5:04:48 PM7/13/13
to google-i...@googlegroups.com, snehans...@gmail.com

> Hi,
>

> There is no option for Oriya as a language in Google.co.in like other
>
> Indian languages.
>

> Moreover, the link google odia is not like other Indian languages.

> There is no option of going to oriya link directly from www.google.co.in
>
> and whatever link is there it looks very bad & the fonts are clumsy
>
> and unreadable.
>

> This request was made last year also and no progress is there on this
>
> front from Google India.
>

> I'd request the Google India team to look into this matter and please
>
> update the google.co.in with Odia being an option like other Indian
>
> languages.
>

> Regards
>
> Gopalrautaray

ken

Jul 18, 2013, 11:53:44 AM7/18/13
to google-i...@googlegroups.com, snehans...@gmail.com
Did you try any other available keyboard?

Gopal Rautara

Jul 23, 2013, 12:51:02 PM7/23/13
to google-i...@googlegroups.com
I dont know in which market the odia keyboard is available. But it is not all about the keyboard,the matter is why Google.co.in dont offered odia, like another nine other Indian major languages.

On 18 July 2013 21:23, ken <drk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Did you try any other available keyboard?

dhanasekaran muthu

Jul 23, 2013, 9:52:48 PM7/23/13
to google-i...@googlegroups.com
oriya keyboard is available in Google transliterate - please go to http://www.google.com/inputtools/cloud/try/
Inline image 1
BUT

Oriya & Punjabi (with Rich Culture & History) are not available in Google translate !

Oriya in Utkala Lipi , spoken by 33 million native speakers, traces its existence in the edicts of Ashoka in 2nd century BC at Dhauli and Jaugada and the inscriptions of Kharavela in Hati Gumpha of Khandagiri (Orissa).

While less spoken languages like  Icelandic (320,000 native speakers), Latvian(1.3 million native speakers),Lithuanian (3.2 million Native speakers) & Hmong (2.6 million native speakers)... are available in Google translate.....
Punjabi the native language of about 130 million people, and the 10th most spoken language in the world is not available!

Once enabled in the list, there are humpty number of users to improve it by adding better options to substitute in usage  for better translation.

Native Speakers of Oriya & Punjabi ! Please follow it up till the languages are added to the   Google Translate List !!

image.png