2nd gen Cloud Storage usage is increasing rapidly

Ufuk Togay

May 1, 2016, 9:03:37 AM5/1/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi there

I just moved to GCS 2nd gen for better performance. Created db-n1-standard-16 instance with MySQL 5.6 yesterday. Db itself has 2gb data. But after 24 hours storage used is jumped to 10GB. I increased storage capacity to 20gb but it doesn't seem to stop. Increasing about 30mb per minute. I am pretty sure there is no data inserted to my tables.

Logging is disabled and backup is disabled.

Is this normal behaviour?
Is it every going to stop?

Thanks in advance.

Ufuk Togay

May 1, 2016, 9:04:41 AM5/1/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss

Vishnu Fafat

May 5, 2016, 1:32:15 PM5/5/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hi,

This could happen if you are executing some long-running queries which end up writing temp data to the disk.
If this still happening, can you send us your instance details and some details about schema and access patterns to clou...@google.com
Message has been deleted

paynen

May 13, 2016, 11:12:35 AM5/13/16
to Google Cloud SQL discuss
Hey Ufuk,

Did you manage to contact clou...@google.com as Vishnu suggested?

Regards,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 3:06:12 PM UTC-4, Ufuk Togay wrote:
I have removed instance once disk size is reached to 32GB. This cost me a lot. There is a service sold but there is no service for customers. And it is biggest company of the world.

Shame on you Google.

By the way, about long running queries, same DB was/is running on dedicated server just fine.