Tacx Fortius Support is fixed.

Mark Liversedge

Jul 9, 2013, 7:28:34 AM7/9/13
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Dave Waterworth has spent the last month or so working out the Tacx protocol and fixing up GoldenCheetah.
I have just pushed his fixes into the v3.1 and v3.0 SP1 branches.

We should have support back very soon (we want to publish 3.0 SP1 in October).

Big props to Dave,
Mark

wat...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2013, 7:03:55 PM7/9/13
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
One thing to note, if you're running GC on windows and the Device Wizard cannot find the Fortius, you may need to install the libusb filter driver.

1. Download http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/files/latest/download?source=files
2. Extract the archive to the location of your choice (I used c:\gcdev)
3. From explorer double click C:\gcdev\libusb-win32-device-bin-0.1.12.2\bin\install-filter.exe

Now if you run C:\gcdev\libusb-win32-device-bin-0.1.12.2\bin\testlibusb-win.exe the Fortius appear and GC should be able to detect it.

This update works with the 1932 controller (white with blue ring), for this model a firmware file isn't required so skip this step in the device wizard. So far power mode seems ok, still need to do a bit of work to get slope mode working properly. Also speed may not be correct. Post any feedback here and I'll take a look.

Dave

Kostas Psarras

May 13, 2014, 12:46:58 PM5/13/14
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for putting the time and effort to make it work.

Please provide further instructions on how to configure install-filter and testlibusb-win since even though GC device wizard recognized the fortius it doesn't seem to display any readings from it.

Cheers

Dave Waterworth

Jan 3, 2016, 7:31:58 PM1/3/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Kostas

I know this is late but I'm trying to figure this out myself (I can get it working on my machine but I don't know the exact steps and I'd like to come up with a proper sequence)

Try following the steps below (from here under Installation). Note that you have to download the latest (currently 1.2.6.0) version of libusb-win32, earlier version have bugs

Install Filter Driver

2. Unzip anywhere, i.e. c:\
3. Run C:\libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0\bin\amd64\install-filter-win.exe
4. Select Install a device filter
5. Select VR_interface

Now run C:\libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0\bin\testlibusb-win.exe and check that the output contains

- Manufacturer : Tacx?VR
- Product      : VR-Interface

Install Device Driver

1. Run C:\dev\libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0\bin\inf-wizard.exe
2. Select VR-Interface
3. Press Next until you get prompted for a location. Save the inf file whereever
4. Press Install Now..
5. Ignore warning about signing

Fingers crossed this works. If you can try that would be great. Also I'm interested in knowing if Install Filter Driver is enough or do you also have to do Install Device Driver

Dave

Mark Liversedge

Jan 4, 2016, 3:41:34 AM1/4/16
to golden-cheetah-users
On Monday, 4 January 2016 00:31:58 UTC, Dave Waterworth wrote:
Install Filter Driver

I thought the ones we provide worked ok ?

Admittedly I haven't tried them for a while as I no longer have a Fortius.

Mark

Dave Waterworth

Jan 4, 2016, 2:31:32 PM1/4/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark

In theory yes, it contains version 1.2.5.0 of libusb so is signed for x64 windows. There's a problem with the installer though - if I right click on the inf file and select Install or install from device manage ("Have Disk") it fails with an error "A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store". (Windows 8 x64 and Windows 10 x64). If I run either installer_x64 or installer_x86b I get a message "This application cannot be run from the command line".

The only way I've managed to get the driver to correctly install is to run the libusb inf creator utility (the one which created this installer in the first place). It has on option to install the driver at the last step and it does actually work? I need to do some more digging to work out what's going on.

Dave

Message has been deleted

Balduin

Jan 8, 2016, 3:53:26 AM1/8/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Dave,

thank you for the information! I am using TTS 3.13 on Windows 10 (x64) with a Fortius (blue USB interface - T1932?) and this is how I managed to connect the device.

1. Disable driver signature enforcement (google for how-to)
2. Followed your first 1-2-3-4-5 steps
3. Followed your second 1-2-3-4-5 steps
4. Only now I could verify via testlibusb-win.exe

The following problems occurred:

1. FortiusSWPID1942Renum.hex is located in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacx\TacxTrainersoftware3
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacx\TacxTrainersoftware3\updater
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacx\TacxTrainersoftware3\TacxDrivers
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacx\TacxTrainersoftware3\TacxDrivers\x64
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacx\TacxTrainersoftware3\TacxDrivers\x86

Not in system32-folder. I took the newest one, dated 2012, from the first path.

2. GC 3.3 crashed when trying to import FortiusSWPID1942Renum.hex to its library (I saved the error log...). It worked when the import function was disabled.
3. With the libusb-driver installed, TTS does no longer recognize the device. This is bad, since I am new to GC: I need to learn how to use RLV for training etc. and I do not know if everything works. (I managed to get RLVs to work up to about 1.25 h on TTS/Windows 10 by converting them into H.264)

Best regards,
Balduin

PS: It is not easy to find this workaround, so could the developers please make it more accessible? :)

Am Montag, 4. Januar 2016 01:31:58 UTC+1 schrieb Dave Waterworth:
Hi Kostas

I know this is late but I'm trying to figure this out myself (I can get it working on my machine but I don't know the exact steps and I'd like to come up with a proper sequence)

Try following the steps below (from here under Installation). Note that you have to download the latest (currently 1.2.6.0) version of libusb-win32, earlier version have bugs

Install Filter Driver

2. Unzip anywhere, i.e. c:\
3. Run C:\libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0\bin\amd64\install-filter-win.exe
4. Select Install a device filter
5. Select VR_interface

Now run C:\libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0\bin\amd64\testlibusb-win.exe and check that the output contains

Dave Waterworth

Jan 8, 2016, 5:03:19 PM1/8/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Balduin,

THanks this is useful. I'm in the process of working out a simpler process and better documentation for the Fortius. In particular a driver installer so you don't have to follow the steps above.

Sorry that TTS no longer works, I've just noticed this myself. Tacx use a different driver (Jungo) and you can only install one or the other. In order to switch back you'll have to first remove the libusb driver you installed. One thing to try is open device manager (search 'Device Manager'). The driver you installed should be under libusb-win32-devices (on my machine it defaulted to VR-Interface but it depends on the name you entered in the last steps I think)

Plug in the device
Right click on the driver you want to remove.
Select Uninstall
Check the option 'Delete the driver software for this device'

Now I suspect you'll need to run the install-filter-win.exe and remove the filter

Now you need to reinstall the original Tacx driver - instructions are here. I've not tested this but I would do it with the device unplugged, I upgraded my version of TT4 and one of the updates included new drivers - they automatically replaced the GC driver and it works ok now

Regards
Dave

Balduin

Jan 9, 2016, 8:01:17 AM1/9/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Thank you Dave, your effort is highly appreciated!

Removal of the libusb-driver worked as described by you. The important thing is to activate "Delete driver software for this device". I then checked via the install-filter-win.exe and the filter was already removed.

I did not have to reinstall the original Tacx-driver by hand: I unplugged the device, plugged it in again and Windows 10 did the rest.

Best regards,
Balduin

Andrea Sabba

Jan 9, 2016, 4:47:56 PM1/9/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Dave,
when have you plan to release better documentation for the Fortius?
Thanks for your advices!

Andrea

Dave Waterworth

Jan 9, 2016, 8:13:22 PM1/9/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Andrea,

I'll try put something up later this week with documentation and a driver install kit. This should allow the Fortius to work with Golden Cheetah but there are a number of issues which I want to sort out before the next official release if possible (I'm not sure at this stage what the release time frame is).

Regards
Dave

Balduin

Jan 10, 2016, 8:44:10 AM1/10/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Would it somehow be possible to make both programs work, TTS (3.x or 4.x) and GC? Maybe by an automatic driver-switch when starting GC and an automatic switch back, when leaving it? (In case GC cannot be forced to use the Tacx-drivers)

No worries Dave, take your time! :)

Mick Drake

Jan 12, 2016, 11:56:24 AM1/12/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi If I install this to run my fortius do I still need the fortius software installed or just the Fortius "firmware" linked as described in the GC installation ?  I would like to try this on my 64 bit laptop and fortius will only run on 32 bit.
Secondly is this specific for the fortius or will it run an iMagic?
Looking forward to exploring..
Cheers
Mick

Dave Waterworth

Jan 15, 2016, 4:10:49 PM1/15/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mick,

No you don't need the Fortius software installed, in fact it's better if it isn't as we have to use a different driver for GC which means you can only use one package or the other.

I don't have access to an iMagic so don't really know if it works or not. All I know is that it works with the newer model of the Fortius (the model with the white controller with a blueish ring and back). The original drivers distributed with GC no longer work and I have intermittent usb problems I'm trying to resolve (at least on windows 10 x64) so I'm working on a new package. I've attached to this email so if you have a fortius and are able to test that would be great. I'm going to write better instructions but for now try these steps

1. Download the attached GC_fortius_usb_drivers.zip
2. Unzip somewhere
3. Open the folder you just unzipped
4. Right click on VR-interface.inf
4. Select install

Now with the Fortius connected, if you open Device Manager on the control panel you should see a list of devices, find libusb-win32-devices and expand. You should see VR-interface under this (also if you have and ANT+ stick it should appear here as well)

Assuming the driver has installed you should now be able to use train mode.

When you add the Fortius device, if it's the newer version (blue ring on white), just skip the step which asks you for a hex file. It's only required for the older version. If you have the older version the driver above wont work anyway - I hope to create a version soon but I cannot test it.

Dave

BTW The Tacx TTS 4.x software works fine on windows x64 - I assume you mean the older pre TTS Fortius software?

GC_fortius_usb_drivers.zip

Balduin

Jan 16, 2016, 4:26:21 PM1/16/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Thank you for your effort, Dave!

I wanted to test whether your package works without the need to disable driver signature enforcement before installation. Unfortunately, the 360totalsecurity.com (current software & virus definitions) on my Tacx-station believes it finds a virus in your driver, picture attached. Maybe an issue with driver signature?

However, Kaspersky Internet Security on another computer does not complain and also the online-scan gives "all green":

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/4fa22bae82a171b77da720b661a33f670b0bf6a29a455f49eb077ccb58c9227d/analysis/

Kind regards,
Balduin
false-positive.png
Message has been deleted

Andrea Sabba

Jan 17, 2016, 3:24:02 AM1/17/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Dave,
Should it work even with Window Vista 64bit?
I can't make it work.

Andrea

Dave Waterworth

Jan 17, 2016, 4:10:57 PM1/17/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Andrea

It should work on Vista x64 but I've not tested

What isn't working? What version of the Fortius do you have, the later Fortius VR (with the blue ring on the controller) or the older version?

Dave

Dave Waterworth

Jan 17, 2016, 4:12:20 PM1/17/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Balduin

That's annoying, the driver was built using zadig and ESET doesn't report any viruses either so I would expect it's a false positive from 360 - a quick google indicates other false positives for the same definition. It's signed so shouldn't require disabling signing. It's possible 360 doesn't recognise the signer or it's probably just a heuristic

Dave

Mick Drake

Jan 25, 2016, 5:29:57 PM1/25/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi sorry just picked this up.... thanks for the reply I will have a go tomorow

Mick Drake

Jan 26, 2016, 6:22:37 AM1/26/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Dave
already to have a go tonight.. just a quick question are the drivers below 32 or 64 bit.. I have the old fortius running under 32 bit and TTS4 running windows 10 64 bit... Im sure if you are reading any TACX forums you will be well aware of the video synch issues with their RLV......
I think I read somewhere you were thinking of some crowd funding?  May be way out of date on this but if not keep us posted
Mick

wat...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2016, 5:17:54 PM1/26/16
to Mick Drake, golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mick

The driver installation contains both 32 and 64 bit drivers and installs both into the correct system folders.

If they don't work I'll try creating manually a version for the older Fortius.

Yes I've experienced the tts video sync problems on my Windows 7 machine for many releases.I noticed in a recent patch they say it's fixed but I've not used it for a while. They've also recently released Windows 10 usb drivers so maybe worth trying again

Dave

Sent from my iPhone
Message has been deleted

Balduin

Jan 27, 2016, 5:13:13 AM1/27/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Dave,

just a quick question, since I had no time yet to dig deeper into GC:

Can the blue ring on the white controller be used for basic navigation in Train View, e.g., scrolling between video and data displays, enable/disable full-screen mode and stop/resume training?

Best regards,
Balduin

Mick Drake

Jan 27, 2016, 9:34:02 AM1/27/16
to golden-cheetah-users, micky...@gmail.com
Hi Dave
I have windows 10 running TTS4...the video synch issues are even worse than before;)
It is certainly not fixed...
Mick
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to golden-cheetah-users+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

wat...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2016, 3:44:40 PM1/27/16
to Balduin, golden-cheetah-users
Hi Balduin

The up/down buttons allow you to change the resistance. The other two are supposed to control stop/start although I've never been able to use them as they've never worked on my Fortius

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Jon Escombe

Jan 27, 2016, 4:26:33 PM1/27/16
to wat...@gmail.com, Balduin, golden-cheetah-users
Hi, part of my desire to get the telemetry connected before starting a
workout was to enable this sort of remote start. That works now for an
ANT+ remote control.

Quickly looking at the Fortius code, there's not currently a button
mapped to start - just higher/lower/new lap/stop - but don't know
whether there is a suitable button on the controller?

Regards,
Jon

wat...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2016, 4:59:50 PM1/27/16
to Jon Escombe, Balduin, golden-cheetah-users
Hi Jon

There's only 4 buttons on the Fortius. Could maybe switch lap with start or make it dual purpose, I.e if not running it sends a start message otherwise sends a new lap message

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Jon Escombe

Jan 27, 2016, 5:22:25 PM1/27/16
to wat...@gmail.com, Balduin, golden-cheetah-users
Ah yes, just googled a picture of the controller. Perhaps doubling up on
a function makes sense then..

Cheers,
Jon

Mick Drake

Feb 1, 2016, 4:15:26 PM2/1/16
to golden-cheetah-users, micky...@gmail.com
Hi Dave
got a seperate pc set up today to give this a serious go without interferring with my TTS4.. got stopped at the very first step.. when I right clik and select install I get a dialogue box stating the INF file selected does not support this method of install this is on a clen install Windows 7 64 bit.

Harold Heyermans

Feb 1, 2016, 7:28:33 PM2/1/16
to Mick Drake, golden-cheetah-users
Mick

I had the same issue with my new install. Im running two hard drives in a desktop with one drive set up with TTS3.9 on XP and the other WIn764. The WIn764 had zero drivers for the fortius and I used the a set of fortius drives that I pulled. I cannot remember where I got them. I could not get anything to work until I loaded up the V4 build just released. I was able to get everything working (except the video sync).

I'll see about looking at what drives I ended uploading

Dave Waterworth

Feb 1, 2016, 8:39:10 PM2/1/16
to golden-cheetah-users, micky...@gmail.com
Hi Mick,

Seems that Windows 7/8 and windows 10 are different. I  just tested on windows 8 and the right-click install method doesn't work either

I tried to add manually via device manager and it complained that the driver isn't signed. I'm sure it is, perhaps it's not signed using a certificate which is trusted on windows 7 and 8 machines but is on windows 10? I'm going to have to do more investigation...

Dave

On Tuesday, 2 February 2016 10:15:26 UTC+13, Mick Drake wrote:
Hi Dave

Mick Drake

Feb 2, 2016, 5:01:41 AM2/2/16
to golden-cheetah-users, micky...@gmail.com
Thank you... obviously very dedicated to the application....

Mick Drake

Feb 8, 2016, 11:08:50 AM2/8/16
to golden-cheetah-users, micky...@gmail.com
Hi Dave
I know it must be a huge undertaking managing this product and we all have "the day job" but have you had a chance to look at the Fortius driver ;)

Philippe Lanthier

Feb 15, 2016, 3:34:36 PM2/15/16
to golden-cheetah-users
So no go on the Tacx Fortius working ?

Mick Drake

Feb 16, 2016, 7:33:45 AM2/16/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Dave
just set up a windows 10 laptop to give this a go.. sorry to report that I still get an error when I try to install the VR interface.inf.. I get a pop up error "A problem encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store"
Kind Regards

Mick

Philippe Lanthier

Feb 16, 2016, 10:12:25 AM2/16/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Same thing here

Dave Waterworth

Feb 16, 2016, 3:05:29 PM2/16/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hmmm That sounds like a driver signing issue - I suspect that driver signing may have been disabled on my laptop somehow so it works for me? Also in theory the drivers are signed but it's likely that the signer isn't trusted. I'll do some more digging - I have another new machine. Also considering trying VMWare to test but not sure if that will add more complexity...

Thanks for you help

Dave

Mick Drake

Feb 17, 2016, 12:23:20 PM2/17/16
to golden-cheetah-users
HI Dave
I will try disabling the driver signing on my laptop tonight and see if that fixes it.
Cheers
Mick

Philippe Lanthier

Feb 19, 2016, 11:54:50 AM2/19/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Did it work for windows 10 ?
Message has been deleted

Dave Waterworth

Feb 20, 2016, 5:44:24 PM2/20/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mick,

OK I've figured out what's going on. I use zadig to build the installer. It generates a digital certificate for the cat file and self signs it

So this certificate needs to be loaded into the windows certificate store in order to install the driver. I extracted and attached the certificate. You can extract it yourself by:

1) Right click on VR-Interface.cat and select properties
2) On the Digital Signatures tab select the certificate (USB\VID_ etc.) and click Details
3) View Certificate
4) Select Details tab then Copy to File

To install you need to run the following from an elevated command prompt

> certutil -addstore "TrustedPublisher" VR-Interface.cat
> certutil -addstore "Root" VR-Interface.cat

This should also work

> certmgr -add VR-interface.cer -c -s -r localMachine TrustedPublisher
> certmgr -add VR-interface.cer -c -s -r localMachine Root

You can then verify using the Visual Studio signtool.exe

> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\bin\x64\signtool.exe" verify /v /pa vr-interface.cat

Verifying: VR-Interface.cat
Signature Index: 0 (Primary Signature)
Hash of file (sha1): 67C9C4CFF33BA28D67C40EEFCFD0AAE3BF77256E

Signing Certificate Chain:
    Issued to: USB\VID_3561&PID_1932 (libwdi autogenerated)
    Issued by: USB\VID_3561&PID_1932 (libwdi autogenerated)
    Expires:   Mon Jan 01 13:00:00 2029
    SHA1 hash: 0B29B72B46C07C6697C6CEE8155723273FD5DDF3

File is not timestamped.

Successfully verified: VR-Interface.cat

Number of files successfully Verified: 1
Number of warnings: 0
Number of errors: 0

Now the driver will isntall

Dave

VR-interface.cer

Mick Drake

Feb 22, 2016, 7:38:47 AM2/22/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks Dave

I did not have a chance to test as I have been outside in the real world actually cycling!!!!   Did the Devon Coast to Coast in the UK on our Tandem ... just uploaded my first real set of data (as opposed to Turbo training indoors data) from my Garmin ancient 60CSX then added my Polar 725SX data then MAGICALLY merged them using the excellent tool in GC.  Then used the check for anomalies and removed the speeds some of over 250 km (if only LOL).

I can only state that this is an excellent product and I obviously have not even scratched the surface yet.. When I get the fortius linked in properly I will probably abandon TTS4....

Keep us informed re any crowd funding is you ever decide to go that way

Out of the country the next few days but will get a chance to test later this week

Kind Regards
Mick

Mick Drake

Feb 24, 2016, 3:58:51 PM2/24/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Dave
got the first two command lines to work but had an error when trying the verification.. so started pc in troubleshoot mode and disabled driver signing then installed it.  Seems to be working, have lots of moving numbers... tracks along the elevation profile and shows the Video ;)

I dont want to be a pain and (will post more generally if thats more appropriate) I have read just about everything available on the web but have a couple of questions.

How do I get the Video and elevation profile  displayed at the same time ? I have a 42" panel that I use with TTS

Is there a "calibration" process in GC or will I still need to do that in TTS

Thanks for all the patient assistance
Mick

Mick Drake

Feb 24, 2016, 4:20:21 PM2/24/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Just seen your video .. most questions answered thanks agin....

Mick Drake

Feb 27, 2016, 7:11:50 AM2/27/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Dave
this worked until I restarted the PC now GC crashes everytime I hit the train button.... Im guessing it does not like the driver?

This is the crash report

Cyclist: "Mick"

Version Info

Build date: Nov 29 2015 18:32:31
Build id: 3933
Version: v3.3.0
DB Schema: 123
Metrics: 274
OS: Win
QT    5.4.2
QWT    6.1.1
GCC    4.9.2
SRMIO    yes
OAUTH    yes
D2XX    yes
QWTPLOT3D    0.3.0
KML    yes
ICAL    1.0
USBXPRESS    yes
LIBUSB    yes
Wahoo API    none
VLC    yes
VIDEO    vlc
SAMPLERATE    0.1.8
SSL    yes

Metric Log

Athlete Directory - Activities

Athlete Directory - Cache

Athlete Directory - Config

Athlete Directory - Workouts

Athlete Directory - Imports

Athlete Directory - Downloads

All Settings

CALTPOWER    255:0:255
CANTISS    0:255:255
CAPOWER    255:0:255
CATISS    255:0:255
CBALANCELEFT    178:0:0
CBALANCERIGHT    128:0:50
CCALACTUAL    0:255:0
CCALCELL    255:255:255
CCALCURRENT    51:153:255
CCALHEAD    230:230:230
CCALPLANNED    255:255:0
CCALTODAY    0:255:255
CCHROME    236:236:236
CDIAL    160:160:164
CHHB    0:127:204
CLPS    0:255:255
CLTE    0:255:255
CNPOWER    255:0:255
CO2HB    209:5:114
COLORACCEL    0:255:255
COLORAEROEL    0:255:0
COLORAEROVE    0:0:255
COLORALTITUDESHADE    192:192:192
COLORALTITUTDE    160:160:164
COLORBIKESCORE    160:160:164
COLORCADENCE    0:204:204
COLORCALENDARTEXT    0:0:0
COLORCORETEMP    255:173:92
COLORCP    255:0:0
COLORDAILYSTRESS    255:0:0
COLORGCT    255:144:0
COLORGEAR    255:144:0
COLORGRID    47:47:47
COLORHEARTRATE    255:0:0
COLORINTERVALHIGHLIGHTER    0:0:255
COLORLOAD    255:255:0
COLORLTS    0:255:0
COLORPLOTBACKGROUND    52:52:52
COLORPLOTMARKER    0:255:255
COLORPLOTSELECT    0:0:255
COLORPLOTTHUMBNAIL    160:160:164
COLORPLOTTITLE    0:0:0
COLORPLOTTRACKER    0:0:255
COLORPOWER    255:255:0
COLORRCAD    255:144:0
COLORRIDEPLOTBACKGROUND    52:52:52
COLORRIDEPLOTSYMBOLS    0:255:255
COLORRIDEPLOTXAXIS    0:255:255
COLORRIDEPLOTYAXIS    0:255:255
COLORRVERT    255:144:0
COLORSB    0:0:0
COLORSMO2    0:137:119
COLORSPEED    0:255:0
COLORSTS    0:0:255
COLORTEMPERATURE    255:255:0
COLORTHB    163:68:2
COLORTORQUE    255:0:255
COLORTRAINPLOTBACKGROUND    52:52:52
COLORTRENDPLOTBACKGROUND    52:52:52
COLORTSS    0:255:0
COLORWINDSPEED    0:128:0
COLORZONE1    255:0:255
COLORZONE10    160:160:164
COLORZONE2    42:0:255
COLORZONE3    0:170:255
COLORZONE4    0:255:128
COLORZONE5    85:255:0
COLORZONE6    255:213:0
COLORZONE7    255:0:0
COLORZONE8    160:160:164
COLORZONE9    160:160:164
CPOPUP    192:192:192
CPOPUPTEXT    255:255:255
CRIDECP    255:0:0
CRIDEGROUP    236:246:255
CRPS    255:0:255
CRTE    255:0:255
CSLOPE    0:255:0
CSPINSCANLEFT    160:160:164
CSPINSCANRIGHT    0:255:255
CTILEBAR    160:160:164
CTILEBARSELECT    255:255:0
CTOOLBAR    240:240:240
CWBAL    255:0:0
CXPOWER    255:0:255
HRCOLORZONE1    255:0:255
HRCOLORZONE10    160:160:164
HRCOLORZONE2    42:0:255
HRCOLORZONE3    0:170:255
HRCOLORZONE4    0:255:128
HRCOLORZONE5    85:255:0
HRCOLORZONE6    255:213:0
HRCOLORZONE7    255:0:0
HRCOLORZONE8    160:160:164
HRCOLORZONE9    160:160:164
chrome    Flat
font/calendar    MS Shell Dlg 2,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
font/calendarsize    6
font/chartlabels    MS Shell Dlg 2,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
font/chartlabelssize    6
font/chartmarkers    MS Shell Dlg 2,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
font/chartmarkerssize    6
font/default    MS Shell Dlg 2,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
font/defaultsize    8
font/titles    MS Shell Dlg 2,8,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0
font/titlessize    8
homedirectory
mainwindow/geometry    ���
mainwindow/lastImportPath    F:/HRM Files
mainwindow/lastOpened    Mick
mainwindow/state
starthttp    true
antialias    true
dataprocess/fixderivepower/crr    0.0030999999999999999
dataprocess/fixgaps/stop    1
dataprocess/fixgaps/tolerance    1
dataprocess/fixhrspikes/max    220
dataprocess/fixmoxy/cad2smo2    2
dataprocess/fixmoxy/spd2thb    2
dataprocess/fixspeed/ma    1
dataprocess/fixspikes/max    1500
dataprocess/fixspikes/variance    1000
dataprocess/poweradjust/adjustment    0
dataprocess/torqueadjust/adjustment    0 nm
dp/Add Torque Values/apply    Manual
dp/Adjust Power Values/apply    Manual
dp/Adjust Torque Values/apply    Manual
dp/Estimate Distance Values/apply    Manual
dp/Estimate Power Values/apply    Manual
dp/Fix Elevation errors/apply    Manual
dp/Fix Freewheeling/apply    Manual
dp/Fix GPS errors/apply    Manual
dp/Fix Gaps in Recording/apply    Manual
dp/Fix HR Spikes/apply    Manual
dp/Fix Moxy/apply    Manual
dp/Fix Power Spikes/apply    Manual
dp/Fix SmO2 Anomaly/apply    Manual
dp/Fix Speed/apply    Manual
elevationHysteresis    3.
garminHWMark    25
garminSmartRecord    2
lang    en
linewidth    0.5
pace    true
rideBG    false
rideHead    true
rideScroll    true
show/tabbar    false
swimpace    true
unit    Metric
warnexit    true
wbal/formula    diff
workoutDir    C:/Users/mdrake/AppData/Local
devicedef1    PHCS
devicename1    Fortius
devicepostProcess1    0
deviceprof1
devices    1
devicespec1
devicetype1    2048
devicewheel1    2080
remote/calibrate
remote/higher
remote/lap
remote/lower
remote/start
remote/stop
train/autoconnect    false
train/multi    false
id    {9b1388a9-6ea8-4e1b-b0bb-fd112b1701af}
safeexit    false
upgradesuccess/folder    true
versionused    3933
blank/train    false
ltmwindow/autofilters    Workout Code|Sport
ltmwindow/lastDateRange    {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000002}
mainwindow/splitterSizes/2
mainwindow/splitterSizes/4
mainwindow/splitterSizes/8
splitter/LTM/hide    true
splitter/LTM/hide/0    false
splitter/LTM/hide/1    false
splitter/LTM/hide/2    true
splitter/LTM/hide/3    true
splitter/LTM/hide/4    false
splitter/LTM/hide/5    false
splitter/LTM/sizes
splitter/analysis/hide    true
splitter/analysis/hide/0    false
splitter/analysis/hide/1    true
splitter/analysis/hide/2    false
splitter/analysis/hide/3    true
splitter/diary/hide    true
splitter/diary/hide/0    false
splitter/diary/hide/1    false
splitter/diary/hide/2    true
splitter/train/hide    true
splitter/train/hide/0    false
splitter/train/hide/1    false
splitter/train/hide/2    false
splitter/train/hide/3    false
splitter/train/hide/4    false
splitter/train/sizes
LTSdays    42
PMshowSBtoday    0
STSdays    7
autobackup/folder
autobackup/period    0
cp/useforftp    0
cp/useforftprun    0
crankLength    150
intervals/discovery    57
navigator/groupby    -1
navigator/headings    *|Workout Code|Date|
navigator/headingwidths    0|198|198|
navigator/sortby    2
navigator/sortbyorder    0
networkfilestore/folder
wbaltau    300
webcal_url
wheelsize    2130
dropbox/folder    /Golden Cheetah
dropbox/token    glfZKP_QaZ0AAAAAAAABo3Rz48hV1fMZeN1dXdK3xU0ijbp8ORfKfyceJJA6
dv/type    0
dv/url
google-drive/folder
tp/type    0
wi/url    http://wbsapi.withings.net/

Mick Drake

Feb 29, 2016, 4:24:01 PM2/29/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi I have got the drivers installed but V3 crashes as soon as I hit "train".... The good news is that V4 dev build does not!
So now I can connect to my Fortius (error genertaed when its not connected so that is all good).  If I cycle the numbers tick over.. speed power cadense distamce etc.
Now my issue is I cannot seem to load a RLV, workout or anything.   Re scanned HD to find the two TACX files listed.  Neworkout editor just seems to be stuck as in the piciture
Any help appreciated
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Mick Drake

Mar 2, 2016, 3:19:12 PM3/2/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Ok have RLV running ... did not realise nothing would be displayed until I hit the play button....
Loaded the video overlay listed on another thread and that seems pretty cool... thank you
Mick

Philippe Lanthier

Mar 2, 2016, 3:24:28 PM3/2/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mitch, what would be the advantage of runnning the video in GC instead of Tacx software, thanks !  I don't think it does, but it would be cool to get the GPS data like in TTS4.

Mick Drake

Mar 2, 2016, 4:41:58 PM3/2/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Im exploring using GC instead of TTS4 for my partner.. she is still on the old fortius software....
I like the data analysis in GC.. there is nothing like it in TTS.  I have imported the data from TTS and my GPS data from real rides, cannot do that in TTS
Finally be interested to see if GC has the video synch issues that have been irritating us all in TTS.

Dave Waterworth

Mar 6, 2016, 7:00:53 PM3/6/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mick,

Good to know that the Fortius crash is fixed in dev, I pushed a few changes recently to fix a number of minor issues.

I'm not actually that familiar with the features of Train View, I've just done a bit of work on the Fortius code (which is still a work in progress - power mode should work, slope mode will work but I don't think the resistance is correct and there's no calibration mode as Tacx don't provide any details on how the Fortius works). You're probably best off creating a new thread specifically for RLV's.

Still trying to figure out how to get the drivers working easily, there must be a way to install a self signed driver easily without resorting to disabling signing totally!

Dave

Mick Drake

Mar 7, 2016, 3:51:54 PM3/7/16
to golden-cheetah-users
The drivers were installed as per your earlier instructions..

"To install you need to run the following from an elevated command prompt

> certutil -addstore "TrustedPublisher" VR-Interface.cat
> certutil -addstore "Root" VR-Interface.cat

 I just could not run signtool... I did not have visual studio installed"

So thats why I switched off signing just to make sure

I will start a new thread as you suggest
Thanks

Dave Waterworth

Mar 7, 2016, 5:02:44 PM3/7/16
to golden-cheetah-users
I jsut realised there's a typo in that (annoyingly I don't see a way of editing the original post), should be

> certutil -addstore "TrustedPublisher" VR-Interface.cer
> certutil -addstore "Root" VR-Interface.cer

That should be all you need, the signtool is just a check to make sure the system trusts the signer. Doing this on my work PC seems to be enough to allow the driver to install without turning off signing

Dave

Mick Drake

Mar 21, 2016, 12:41:59 PM3/21/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi
My partner is "de cluttering" so would like to just use her Mac for everything.. is there a fortius drive for the Mac?  The PC one is working fine but as I said she wants to de clutter ie get rid of the PC
Thanks
Mick

wat...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2016, 1:02:48 PM3/21/16
to Mick Drake, golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mick

I'm not sure but I believe that the driver is only required on Windows, Linux and Mac should work but I've not tested. Have thought about testing on Linux in a VM but haven't got around to it

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Mick Drake

Mar 22, 2016, 6:46:31 AM3/22/16
to golden-cheetah-users
My partner tried my laptop with her TACX "i Flow".. Seems to work fine but as it has the same head unit (Blue with white ring) no reason why it shouldnt.....

Mick Drake

Mar 22, 2016, 6:47:44 AM3/22/16
to golden-cheetah-users
White with blue ring... pity there is no edit function on this board......

Jan Spies

Sep 27, 2016, 10:03:44 AM9/27/16
to golden-cheetah-users

Hi Dave,

I have tried this with my iMagic (T1902) but it does not seem to work :(

I am running Windows 10 Aniversary x64.

Steps I followed:
1) Installed libusb using Zadig since the libusb-filter-win did not even see the iMagic
2) Fixed the security certificate and installed the GC_Fortius_usb_drivers
3) Although the fortius driver installed without errors, Control panel shows I-magic-VR under libusb

Regards
Jan

On Friday, 15 January 2016 23:10:49 UTC+2, Dave Waterworth wrote:
Hi Mick,

Message has been deleted

Mick Drake

Mar 26, 2017, 8:07:27 AM3/26/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Good morning
I have deleted my unhelpful previous post :)
Specifically the driver does not seem to be installed.  I have follwed the instruction and even disabled driver signing as I had to do previously.  When installing the driver I get the messge "do I want to install unsigned driver" then it says installed or finished.. so all seems OK but when I try to add the fortius using train view it is not found so I am guessing the driver is not installed.. I certainly cannot see it in Device manager.. any guidance would be apprecaited.
Like the new dashbord and my favourite chart is Heart rate zone trend...
Cheers
Mick

Mick Drake

Aug 15, 2017, 9:31:23 AM8/15/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Posted elsewhere.. hope it is seen in one of these

Hi
have the day at home today for once Southwest trains were unable to get me into work rather than not get me home (train derailment at Waterloo):) so had another crack at getting this running .  Managed to get the drivers installed and loaded a workout however the power and speed seem to be a long way from what I would nornally expect.  I rode a short route this morning using my TTS4 software and had a AVE power of 160 and speed of 29 km/h (my poor performance is due to too much time on the rower and not enough on the turbo...)
GC figures are very different power Ave of 75 and speed of 32.. I used to do a bit of TT and there is no way I am moving at 20 mph with the effort I am putting in plus I belive the power reading is low.  I calibrated the fortius this morning so that should be about right, are there any other settings that I can use to adjust the figures?
Wheel is set to 700C and 23mm as stamped on the training tyre
Cheers
Mick

Spencer Maughan

Feb 2, 2018, 3:53:26 AM2/2/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I apologize for bringing up old things, but i was hoping for a little guidance on this subject. I feel like I am close but i  don't see any answers to my particular issue. I am running Windows 10 and i have already disabled the driver signature enforcement. I have gotten through the install, along with all the steps mentioned here and everything is plugged in. I have set up the drivers but under devices under Libusb-win32 devices it says Fortius(uninitialized) I'm not sure how important that is, but in the program, the option to Start VR is grayed out. Also, the green button on the controller does not light up. I am pretty sure that means some connection to the Pc isn't working. I'm stumped. I've gotten this far and would love a little bit of help.
thanks,
Spencer

Dave Waterworth

Feb 2, 2018, 6:00:31 PM2/2/18
to Spencer Maughan, golden-cheetah-users
Sorry I'm not able to help as I replaced my Fortius with a Neo. I think the only way to get this working is to create your own driver using Zadig (http://zadig.akeo.ie/), but I'm not sure it still works. I never quite got to the bottom of exactly what did and didn't work but certainly it seems that the original package I created fails because windows is much more strick around driver signing

misterrepelsteeltje

Feb 3, 2018, 3:16:15 PM2/3/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

First off.... new to Google groups, so i hope this works :-)

As off yesterday i have a TACX Fortius trainer without any software provided. The Fortius has a blue 1942 controller and 1941.50 motor driver. As of now GC "sees" the Fortius but needs a Firmware file. I don't have any software, so where can i get this file or is it possible to use an ontherone's file ?

Kind regards,

Barry

Tim Sinclair

Mar 19, 2019, 5:34:34 AM3/19/19
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Dave
Do I recall a post from you somewhere, with info relating to a possible conflict between GC and TTS4, in that once GC had been set up to control the Fortius, there were issues in continuing to use TTS4 - possibly something to do with libusb?  I can't find it now, but wanted to check that there were no such issues with the Vortex Smart via USB before I take the plunge into GC Training :-)
I've just moved from Flow with the Fortius interface to Vortex Smart in the last week...
Thanks for any info you can give!
Best wishes :-)

cimanes del tejar

Apr 14, 2020, 3:19:28 PM4/14/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Dave,

I am new in this group. Just joined because I was using TTS-3, and when I replaced my laptop I could not installed it back (installation server is not supproted...).

I am just posting a note to thank you and appreciate your effort. I was following the forum and thanks to your help I could make my Fortius work with Golden Cheetah.
Initially, when I could not install TTS3 I thought I would not be able to use the Fortius ever again, so I was quite upset. But thanks to this great job, I am cycling at home again.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Ruben

Michał Kotz

Oct 22, 2020, 11:02:14 AM10/22/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Helo,
I have Tacx Fortius Multiplayer. I installed GC . It doesn't se my T1932 ( white with blue ring). Do you have something what would help me?

Fre VdS

Nov 16, 2020, 5:26:23 PM11/16/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello,

I recently got a secondhand Fortius T1932 (blue ring). I'm unable to bypass the licensing problems, so I am trying to run it with GC, which seems like a great program.

I've tried to manually install the drivers, with driver signing disabled. But after clicking install, nothing seemed to happen, no 'installation in progress' or something like that.
And sadly GC is still unable to detect my Fortius (after searchig for it in GC, a bar with 0% appears).

I have Windows 8.1

Am I doing something wrong?
Do I need to delete all traces of the Tacx Software? I tried to.

Thanks for your hard work!
Fred

Op donderdag 22 oktober 2020 om 17:02:14 UTC+2 schreef kotz...@gmail.com:
Message has been deleted

Mick Drake

Dec 15, 2020, 9:53:55 AM12/15/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Mick Drake
12:54 (2 hours ago)

Michaels fix has definitely sorted the connection issue the USB connection has not dropped out at all since it was applied.

Still struggling a little with this the numbers (power /speed) do not tie in with what I usually expect on  my Fortius... ERG works fine in that as target power increaces the effort to meet the target does.  I have just done a short slope workout after some advise from Eric.

In slope mode (only 1% so almost flat) I am delivering about 50W but moving along at 45 kph, Cadence 80 HR 125.  In TTS I would see about 100 W and 30 kph and my HR would continue to rise so I don't know what to believe.. TTS is known for reporting higher than expected power values but double?

The virtual bike is set to default I.E. I have not changed anything

I know the numbers are pathetic but I am "not very well"

FortiusANT has been about for a while but an excellent manual has now been published with simple instructions... I have ordered 2 dongles to see if I can get GC working via this route.  From my brief read through it seem like you are able to calibrate the fortius using this application so no need to have TTS to do the spin-down calibration.  Will be interesting to see how the  numbers compare.

Mick Drake

Dec 16, 2020, 3:39:03 AM12/16/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Some interesting stuff here... last post specifically re driver install

Eric Christoffersen

Dec 17, 2020, 5:42:47 PM12/17/20
to golden-cheetah-users
I was emailing with Micky. He had not yet enabled simulated speed when he wrote his last email so was seeing speed reported by the trainer, 45kph, when riding at slope of 1%.

When he enabled simulated speed with slope of 1% he still rides in the same high gear but computed speed is now only 14kph or so, which I think is reasonable for 77watts of power.

I tried same test with my kickr and with slope of 1% I can pretty easily provide >250-300 watts to the pedals in a middle ring mtb ratio, where micky is in his highest road bike gear and only seeing 77 watts reported. I think he's literally spun out in his highest gear, unable to provide more power because there is no resistance. I have ridden down passes in my highest gear and my trainer will let me provide as many watts as I'd like because it still models wind resistance.

It appears something is amiss with fortius slope mode? A slope of 0 should not mean no resistance, it should mean a speed to power curve that increases with wind resistance.

Is what Micky sees with his fortius 'reasonable' or expected? Anyone with a fortius having a different experience? I looked at the fortius code and it takes slope and rider weight, but I've no idea what the device does under its covers.

Eric

Eric Christoffersen

Dec 18, 2020, 4:03:07 PM12/18/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Hey Guys,

Mick pointed me at the FortiusAnt project. They have spent significant braincells on the fortius slope problem. Appears they are bypassing fortius slope mode entirely and driving the device brake in erg mode. Their manual is just luscious.

Well... it is trivial for us to obtain a fully parameterized 'watt load for current state' from our bicycle physics. I added it to realtimedata and it looks pretty great in the telemetry.

I'm going to experiment by adding a 'hint' to the controller's setGradient method, then our fortius implementation use it, ignore slope mode and use the hint to set erg load on the fortius. It looks like the monark trainer could benefit from the same technology.

FortiusAnt is also performing some nuances to mitigate the fact that fortius can't physically model a slope past about 5%, it requires high trainer rpm to model higher power output. We can burn those bridges when we get to them, but the load hint is probably a good start.

I'll push a PR in order to provoke a fragment to be generated, hopefully someone with a fortius can give it a try.

Eric

Michel Dagenais

Dec 18, 2020, 5:53:21 PM12/18/20
to golden-cheetah-users
I just saw the FortiusAnt manual. Indeed, they have digged deeper in adjusting the computed power values. Getting the calibration to work and perfecting our current power estimation formula for the Fortius should be fairly easy from their documentation.

Eric Christoffersen

Dec 18, 2020, 6:14:01 PM12/18/20
to golden-cheetah-users
The PR is here. It adds a 'resistanceWatts' field to the realtimedata. That value is the watts needed to sustain the current state (speed at current slope, etc.)

I made a tile to show the value and its pretty interesting to watch how to adjusts. Looks perfect.

The above pr passes 'resistanceWatts' to every controller as a new parameter to setGradient. All trainers today ignore, except fortius. In the case of fortius I'm sending that value directly as the load.

Our load expression is different than fortiusAnt, I've heard ours works ok but could be there's is better. Anyway.

I'd really like it if someone could try an artifact with this pull request on an actual fortius, in slope mode.

Here is the pr:

ResistanceWatts Hint for Controller SetGradient. by ericchristoffersen · Pull Request #3725 · GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah (github.com)

And... let me know if you can think of a better name than ResistanceWatts... it is a surprisngly interesting value to watch while riding.

Eric

mattipee

Dec 20, 2020, 4:41:12 AM12/20/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi.
I've got latest master building and connected my Fortius 1932, with the intention of fixing ergo and slope. I can manually set load in the train tab and it increases the resistance on the trainer, but no power etc is coming back.
I'm getting nothing but usb read errors: "could not clear/halt ep 130: Protocol error". Any clues?
Matt

Eric Christoffersen

Dec 20, 2020, 10:25:45 PM12/20/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Ok peoples. Mattipee ran into a problem with how the fortius setup tries to configure the usb. There is some code that is disabled on osx that was bjorking him too. Not clear if issue is with linux or his device which is a 1732.

The math is now all figured out and he says with this pr fortius' works in ergo and slope modes.
This change doesnt touch the usb code.

Fre VdS

Dec 21, 2020, 11:43:45 AM12/21/20
to golden-cheetah-users

Hey everyone.

With the driver installers Mick linked, GC now detects my Fortius T1932. Great! Thanks!

I tested out a Tacx video/workout (Mallorca) but it didn't seem calibrated very well (hitting 45km/h on flat parts or small slopes without any effort).

As I linked the Fortius to GC the Device Wizard came up and I try to fill out the form correctly. But I don't see the T1932 as an option in the Virtual dropdown menu.

Did I do something wrong here?

Or is the problem linked to what mattipee was just discussing?

Another -probably bigger- problem comes up after I stop a training run:

When I start a second training my cadence is no longer detected, so it's stuck at 0. And sometimes when I start pedalling the motor just keeps on speeding and speeding up, as if I'm going down a steep descent. All the while my cadence/speed/etc. remain at zero.

This keeps happening even after I disconnect/reconnect the Fortius or restart GC. It seems that I have to restart my pc everytime for this problem to reset.

Similarly: On a training run that was reading my candence correctly it suddenly froze at a constant level along with the speed (see picture). As I advanced, the fortius did continue responding to changes in slope. Is it possible the connection to my pc was lost for a moment and it just froze all the readings?

I've tried installing the GC developerbuild 3.6, but there's an error when I try to start the program (bluetooth not compatible with my version of windows (8.1), it suggests upgrading).

Any ideas for these two issues?

mattipee

Dec 21, 2020, 11:48:36 AM12/21/20
to golden-cheetah-users
All... I'm working on calibration ... can be found in https://github.com/mattipee/GoldenCheetah/tree/tacx_fortius, includes all #3725 changes, but calibration is still WIP.

Eric Christoffersen

Dec 21, 2020, 4:17:30 PM12/21/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Fre Vds: The new support for fortius isn't in the release binaries yet. You'll need to install an artifact. Without the new work the fortius will not behave properly at all.

Windows install is here:

Also remember you must turn on simulated speed.

Calibration will make the load more realistic, make you feel weaker or stronger, but with that installer the virtual ride in gc should behave like a real bicycle now. I would really like to hear how this is working for you on a 1732. Please can you try it an report back?

Thanks!
Eric

Frederik Van den Stock

Dec 22, 2020, 1:00:12 PM12/22/20
to Eric Christoffersen, golden-cheetah-users
I'm afraid this error message pops up again when I try to start that version of GC.

Op ma 21 dec. 2020 om 22:17 schreef Eric Christoffersen <zak...@gmail.com>:
widowserror.JPG

Ale Martinez

Dec 22, 2020, 1:07:10 PM12/22/20
to golden-cheetah-users

Fre VdS

Dec 27, 2020, 11:47:38 AM12/27/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks everyone: my Fortius is working!

In default mode:
Seems well calibrated, amount of excersise corresponds well with real life. Only problem is on slopes above 4% my wheel starts slipping a bit. I'll try fiddling with it a bit.

Simulated speed mode:
0-1%: it seems like the reported speed is somewhat slowish - to get to 25km/h I need to pedal very fast.
+5%: reported speed seems realistic for what I would attain in real life, but pedalling seems very light. I barely have to switch gears.
BUT: my wheel doesn't slip, so it makes riding much more pleasant. And I'm still sweating :)

I haven't messed with all the weight parameters for the simulated speed mode.

Also, another problem came up:

My drivers are up to date, but my video card is quite poor.
I've tried to figure out how to disable the OpenGL, but I have no idea what

"this can be done setting the environment variable QT_OPENGL=software, this makes QT doing pure software rendering avoiding most driver issues"

means.

Ale Martinez

Eric Christoffersen

Dec 27, 2020, 1:44:56 PM12/27/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks for the feedback. Fortius improvements are in flight and you should have no problem after those changes go in.

- No more wheel slippage
- Very good speed and resistance

Mick Drake

Dec 28, 2020, 8:16:34 AM12/28/20
to golden-cheetah-users
I have been using the "modified" GC with some of the Fortius fixes already incorporated.  After reading the above from Fre I thought I should publish something here.
I find that the speed also seems slower than I would expect but TTS was always being criticised for over reporting power and speed.  I find at lower slopes and on the flat and downhill the trainer feels very smooth and you have a good rider experience.
Today I was able to make the tyre spin but only with as fast acceleration as I could manage.  I started riding Stelvio at a very low cadence (in the 40s)... IF I stood on the pedals there was some slippage but it seemed to settle into the new power quickly (going from 130 up to 300W ASAP).  One other thing is it seeks to handle low cadence much better than TTS... I deliberately let mine go down to the 30s and it was still smooth.. TTS used to keep "locking" the brake at such a slow rate.
I am very unfit ATM so someone who can really beat it up may find issues  but I am very happy with the fixes / changes.

mattipee

Dec 28, 2020, 10:07:33 AM12/28/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi, Micky.

How recent a build were you testing? I've made significant changes recently, and I expect it to change again before merge, but are you able to try the latest?

Matt

Eric Christoffersen

Dec 28, 2020, 11:22:25 AM12/28/20
to golden-cheetah-users
 The thing that really needs feedback is how well it avoids slipping. We can adjust it, just need data.

One thing that is strange, to report slipping you should disable simulated speed, since slip is in terms of device speed. Then we just need a report that: It slipped at x kph and y watts

Mick Drake

Dec 30, 2020, 5:57:47 AM12/30/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi I have been using this for the last week or so and it now really does work.. it includes calibration and works well in slope, ERG and plays video with TTS synchronisation.. I am not capable of really pushing this but works for me.   Speed and power are down on what TTS would report for the same ride but there is probably some variation just because of human variances and it is well documented that TTS overestimates the power and speed values.  I am about 10 % faster in TTS with less power and lower HR on the same 8 km test ride.
It is not yet available in the current snapshot build but can be downloaded from the GitHub group pages.
Huge thanks to Eric and Matt for implementing this is a very short time frame.

Fre VdS

Jan 14, 2021, 4:58:44 AM1/14/21
to golden-cheetah-users
I've tested out this latest version with Fortius as well and it's a big improvement!

The only time there was somewhat considerable slippage was around 10km/h and 180W at a part with 7+% slope (previously heavier slippage occured everytime the slope hit 3%).
Some light slippage starts occuring at slopes around 6%, mostly when changing gears, but I didn't note speed or watts correctly.
I'll try another run soon.

Thanks guys, great work!

Eric Christoffersen

Jan 14, 2021, 12:23:12 PM1/14/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Great to hear. I regenerated all the changes yesterday into new PRs.

The end of the chain is this artifact:

It includes virtual gear support. With virtual gears you can use a higher gear on your physical bicycle in order to get high trainer wheel speed. High trainer speed means more power can be accepted, then use the virtual gears to downshift to where the effort is where you want it.

Currently the intensity change is fixed at 10%, so takes ~31 up presses to go from a 34x28 (1.2) to a 52x12 (4.3).

Love to hear complaints comparing how it feels compared to a real bicycle.

Mick Drake

Jan 20, 2021, 2:56:05 AM1/20/21
to golden-cheetah-users
The install package for the USB drivers has been moved .. now at

Mick Drake

Feb 5, 2021, 6:32:41 PM2/5/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi are you still using this build, if so is it still all OK.. Im having some connectivity issues with some of the later builds so be interested to hear if it is still good for you on this version.  Some great work being done but as a lone tester its hard to see if its just me LOL

Frederik Van den Stock

Feb 6, 2021, 9:42:39 AM2/6/21
to Mick Drake, golden-cheetah-users
Yes I am, but no issues with connectivity (except some caused purely by the cable between motor and the fortius unit being a bit wonky).

I did try the fixes to avoid the crashes when saving, but with no succes.
It might just be my pc that's really close to the end of it's life.

Harold Heyermans

Feb 6, 2021, 3:44:31 PM2/6/21
to Mick Drake, golden-cheetah-users
I tried setting up the trainer for my wife. I got the Fortius ANT working. It recognizes the trainer and shows all the information. When I try to use Golden Cheetah I get no response. I loaded up several videos and I am not getting the trainer to respond to elevation changes.
I'll keep at it and eventually I should get it to go.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golden-cheetah-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/golden-cheetah-users/76d5f0a8-eca7-4399-bd82-5fb0957bd9c6n%40googlegroups.com.
Message has been deleted

Mick Drake

Feb 7, 2021, 4:45:48 AM2/7/21
to golden-cheetah-users
I have started a new thread as a lot of the information in this one is obsolete