Alex's PF: Heroes of the Imperium

Alex Liew

May 2, 2013, 11:49:35 PM5/2/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Started a new topic, well, because the "World's Largest Dungeon" doesn't really have the World's Largest Dungeon for quite some time now. Also because we've reached the halfway point of my story campaign.

As stated in my last post, I'm taking a break for a while to debate how exactly am I going to take the rest of my story. In the meantime, epic recap time for our Heroes, all the way from L1 to the present.

Now, imagine the Star Wars scrolling text opening scene. :D

#####
Once upon a time in a faraway land, there stands a lonely mountain called the Titanmount. Legends say the mountain earned its name when a Titan, the last of its kind, fell from the heavens onto this world. With no way of returning home, he raised a mountain as close as he could to the heavens, and there he lives on forever.

Surrounding the Titanmount were several small villages, collectively known as the Twelve. They were a very secluded community, with few travelers ever traversing between the Twelve and the outside world. The people of the Twelve lived their lives in contented solitude, trading among themselves, relying on no other authority. So when one day, a massive rock slide buried one of the Twelve, very few people on the outside took notice. But for those in the know, it was the first sign of great and terrible things yet to come.

Near the peaks of the Titanmount, there was a great stone temple carved in the likeness of a massive humanoid seated on a throne. It was said that the stone figure was the remains of the Titan, waiting for all eternity for a sign that would arrive from the skies. Inside the temple however, the people from the Twelve discovered signs of a recent excavation, leading into the mountain and into a huge dungeon of unknown proportions and origin. It was thought, that whatever excavated the tunnel from the Temple of the Titan to the dungeon, it caused the rockslide that devastated one of the Twelve villages. Partly in fear of the dungeon's inhabitants, partly out of curiosity, the elders of the Twelve have decided to assemble a group of explorers with representatives from all Twelve villages. Their quest: to explore the dungeon, find those responsible, retrieve anything of value, and assess any potential danger to the Twelve.

Thus, the first steps were taken of a million more yet to come, and our heroes strode out to meet their destiny...
####

TBC...

Alex Liew

Jun 3, 2013, 2:28:59 AM6/3/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Alright, since Razz is unavailable this weekend, I thought I'd give my campaign a start.

For you old players, it's been three months since the events of the last story arc, and you guys should be around level 10. Any new guys wanting to join up is welcome.

And now to continue my long overdue campaign recap...

#####
In the deep, dark dungeon beneath the Titanmount, all is still. No signs of the creatures who dug the tunnel save a few broken pickaxes, until they found a small cave-in that crushed several kobolds and ratlings.

Further into the tunnel, the surrounding rock slowly gave way to carved stone walls, floors, and ceilings. A strange wall seemingly made of pure darkness separates the tunnel from the rest of the dungeon complex. One adventurer, trying to see the other side, stuck his head through the wall and discovered that it was a one-way trip through the wall. The rest of the party, unwilling to abandon their comrade, went through the wall as well.

Over the course of days, they explored the dungeon complex which appeared to be the size of a small city. Though it was largely uninhabited by any sentient creatures, it was however infested by vermin resembling rats and flying, bloodsucking stirges. Despite the setbacks, many wonders were beheld. The Four Elements Rooms. The Floating Gemstone. The Ruby-Eyed Throne. An armory of weapons across the ages. A deck of highly magical tarot cards.
Ruby-
Eventually, the party discovered the source of the infestation: a series of rifts leading from an unknown location. An enterprising wererat sorcerer and a band of kobolds decided to exploit the portals to create an army of vermin descended into the dungeons. A short battle was had, and the adventurers prevailed. In trying to shut the rifts, they discovered a massive cube with Celestial runes carved all around it. As one of the adventurers stepped onto a nearby copper tile, he vanished, only to reappear inside the airtight cube. It contains only a single rift, along with the mummified remains of everything that gotten trapped and could not escape. Faced with only one recourse, the whole party went through the last rift...

... and found themselves in a red land, under a red sky.

"Welcome to Avernus, young mortals."
####

TBC...

Alex Liew

Jun 3, 2013, 2:30:27 AM6/3/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
So, roll call for this Friday, 8pm, Border City Games. I'll run it if we get two or three players minimum.

Razzman

Jun 3, 2013, 2:51:57 AM6/3/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Yikes! It has returned... GL HF GG guys.

Sent from my iPhone

On 3 Jun 2013, at 14:30, Alex Liew <liew.we...@gmail.com> wrote:

So, roll call for this Friday, 8pm, Border City Games. I'll run it if we get two or three players minimum.

Kelvin Ganesan

Jun 3, 2013, 4:01:48 AM6/3/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
I am in. Erm, we can choose to play a new character right? What are your thoughts on Psionics?
--
Kelvin Ganesan

Alex Liew

Jun 3, 2013, 4:33:07 AM6/3/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Bugger. Errm, yes I guess. No overlap between spells and psionics, so Spell Resistance doesn't block psionics, and Psionic Resistance doesn't block spells. Then again, I might have to rework some creatures to have innate PR, such as dragons, mind flayers, and stuff.

Kelvin Ganesan

Jun 3, 2013, 5:03:11 AM6/3/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Damn, sounds complicated. I think I rather not play a Psionic character. Will cause you too much trouble as well as open the other players to a higher level of mental warfare. At most I will play a Soulknife. Kinda liked Sacha's card throwing Magus, but instead will throw daggers or something. Plus no Psionic spells so will not cause too much of a change.

If I do create a new character it will be level 10 yes? Still get the vow of poverty bonuses?

Currently deciding between a Frenzied Berserker since I am no longer playing in Razzman's Saturday campaign (always wanted to play one), a Sorcerer, a Soulknife or just playing my Gun-Fu Monk. Decisions...

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Alex Liew <liew.we...@gmail.com> wrote:
Bugger. Errm, yes I guess. No overlap between spells and psionics, so Spell Resistance doesn't block psionics, and Psionic Resistance doesn't block spells. Then again, I might have to rework some creatures to have innate PR, such as dragons, mind flayers, and stuff.

Kelvin Ganesan

Wei Shiung Liew

Jun 3, 2013, 5:06:12 AM6/3/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
New characters start at L10, 15-point buy, 1/2 HP per HD after the first, with VoP bonuses, but with only 50% wealth by level. Low-magic world and all that jazz.

Liew Wei Shiung

Kelvin Ganesan

Jun 3, 2013, 5:07:38 AM6/3/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Alright. Thanks. Will let you know latest by Thursday. If I know more about the party might help me make a decision. Till then.

natasharomanova

Jun 3, 2013, 9:50:35 AM6/3/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
  I'll be sitting this one out, sorry guys.

Alex Liew

Jun 4, 2013, 12:42:12 AM6/4/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Right, probably should clarify the Vow of Poverty abilities so far.

You're special. How special? Like, Bhaalspawn special. Maybe you're children of a dead god. Maybe you're the next stage of human (or elf, or dwarf) evolution. Whatever that may be, you gain special abilities according to your HD.

By level 10, you guys should have:
Exalted Armor Class: +7 to armor AC, as if wearing a Bracers of Armor.
Exalted Strike: any weapons or unarmed attacks are considered magical, and bypasses alignment-based DR as if the weapon has your alignment.
Exalted Sustenance: you're sustained by the "energies of the universe" and no longer need to eat or drink.
Exalted Deflection: +1 to deflection AC, as if wearing a Ring of Protection.
Exalted Hide: +1 to natural AC, as if wearing an Amulet of Natural Armor.
Exalted Resistance: +1 to saves, as if wearing a Cloak of Resistance.
Exalted Ability: one ability score gains +2 enhancement bonus, as if wearing an item of Ability+2.
Exalted Mindshielding: you are immune to Detect Thoughts, Discern Lies, and similar alignment-detection spells
Exalted Spell Resistance: you gain SR equals to 5 + level. So, at L10, it's SR15.

And my favourite, the Prescient Vision.
Anytime you have to roll a d20, you can choose to roll two or more d20s. The highest roll will be your result, while you take damage equal to the total of all other d20s.

Razzman Khaliff

Jun 4, 2013, 1:29:43 AM6/4/13
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Alright so I wish you guys a good game on Friday.

@Alex just to clarify this game will alternate with my Vampire game on Friday?

In case ppl were wondering what class I'd play I am kinda decided on Arcane Duelist Bard.

Wei Shiung Liew

Jun 4, 2013, 1:35:04 AM6/4/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Sure. I think I've enough material for a few more months.

Liew Wei Shiung

Razzman Khaliff

Jun 4, 2013, 2:06:05 AM6/4/13
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
excellent.

Tai Kwang

Jun 5, 2013, 7:58:29 AM6/5/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
didnt you mentioned that the last time already, burrppp...?

Jun 6, 2013, 12:00:54 AM6/6/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Wizard, if anyone forgot. I cant confirm, but will attend if I can make it there reasonably on time.

"Warning: Possible side effects of playing World of Tanks SEA include but not limited to; hair loss, uncontrolled rage, team killing tendencies and loss of faith in humanity"

Wei Shiung Liew

Jun 6, 2013, 12:02:17 AM6/6/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Okay. Looks like we've got a mix of new and old characters. Now, ya'll meet in a tavern somewhere...

Liew Wei Shiung

Alex Liew

Jun 12, 2013, 2:03:36 AM6/12/13
to go...@googlegroups.com

#####
Our valiant heroes, not quite realizing where they are yet, tried flagging down a horseman they spotted in the distance. Turns out, it was this instead:

Said infernal centaur was not amused at this bunch of mortals wandering around Avernus without permission and supervision from higher-up devils. A battle thus ensued, in which our inexperienced heroes were soundly trounced by the heavily armored veteran of the Blood War. On the verge of TPK, the gunfu adept Brother Kay, provoked the devil into chasing him, away from the rest of the party. They dashed for the nearby hills, where the terrain may disadvantage the centaur's hooves.

To their good luck, a group of mortal crusaders spotted the battle and aided the party in dispatching the devil. After establishing that the party were not devil or demon collaborators or mercenaries for hire, they were invited to join the group. They turned out to be the remainder of a group of crusading paladins who annoy both sides of the Blood War by sabotaging supply lines and ambushing random patrols. Among the paladins and clerics are a few rescued refugees such as Runescar the warforged wizard, and Adahm the planeswalking scholar from Sigil.

So, the PCs join a raid. Their job is simple: ambush the devil patrol from a nearby fortress while the paladins hit the supply caravan that they were supposed to meet and escort. This battle went better than expected, despite the PCs having to battle a number of teleporting devilish legionnaires.

Unfortunately the paladins did not fare as well, the caravan having turned out to be an ambush by a frustrated pit fiend commander. With the crusaders squashed and nowhere else to go, the PCs went for the last resort: a deal with the devils. Or rather, an oracle known as the Pillar of Skulls.

In exchange for two questions, the Skulls claimed the physical health of one party member, and the mental fortitude of another. In return, they found out the answer as to the quickest, easiest way out of Avernus, preferably in one piece.
#####

TBC...

Andrew @ Vash

Jun 12, 2013, 9:55:28 AM6/12/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
o.O Is this a refresher post?

"Warning: Possible side effects of playing World of Tanks SEA include but not limited to; hair loss, uncontrolled rage, team killing tendencies and loss of faith in humanity"

TBC...

Wei Shiung Liew

Jun 12, 2013, 10:27:06 PM6/12/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, planning to make it the default thread for the rest of my campaign.

Liew Wei Shiung

Alex Liew

Jun 17, 2013, 9:31:42 PM6/17/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hey peeps.

Don't think I'll be running my game this week. Feeling a flu coming on. Will probably resume next week.

Kelvin Ganesan

Jun 17, 2013, 9:34:05 PM6/17/13
to go...@googlegroups.com

I thought DM's were immune to all forms of disease.

Anyway, I will not be around this Friday either. Got to attend a friends wedding in Klang. I guess I am reaching that age...

On Jun 18, 2013 9:31 AM, "Alex Liew" <liew.we...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey peeps.

Don't think I'll be running my game this week. Feeling a flu coming on. Will probably resume next week.

Tai Kwang

Jun 18, 2013, 5:47:43 AM6/18/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
ok..

Don't think I'll be running my game this week. Feeling a flu coming on. Will probably resume next week.

Alex Liew

Jun 25, 2013, 12:47:30 AM6/25/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
So, who's up for a session this Friday?

Kelvin Ganesan

Jun 25, 2013, 1:02:47 AM6/25/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Will it be your session? Razz called me asking the same thing. Anyway, whichever session it is, I am in.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Alex Liew <liew.we...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, who's up for a session this Friday?

Kelvin Ganesan

Wei Shiung Liew

Jun 25, 2013, 1:30:24 AM6/25/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Ya, I should be able to run this week. Just want to see if anyone's showing up.

Liew Wei Shiung

Razzman Khaliff

Jun 25, 2013, 5:19:47 AM6/25/13
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
I'm in with my new arcane duelist bard.

Omnitricks

Jun 26, 2013, 4:30:54 AM6/26/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
I'll come with the other bard :P

Tai Kwang

Jun 27, 2013, 8:52:08 AM6/27/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
friday as usual, i take it?

Jun 27, 2013, 10:17:16 AM6/27/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Yup, as usual.
--
Kelvin Ganesan

Alex Liew

Sep 3, 2013, 9:22:23 PM9/3/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Anyone still here?

Finally running a session again this Friday the 6th, at Border City Games. 8pm. Will run for whoever turns up.

Kelvin Ganesan

Sep 3, 2013, 10:04:37 PM9/3/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
As mentioned in the VTM thread, will not be able to make it this week due to dental appointment.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Alex Liew <liew.we...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone still here?

Finally running a session again this Friday the 6th, at Border City Games. 8pm. Will run for whoever turns up.

Kelvin Ganesan

Ivan Tam

Sep 3, 2013, 10:06:28 PM9/3/13
to GOKL Mailing List
Dental? Sharpening teeth for VTM :O

Kelvin Ganesan

Sep 3, 2013, 10:07:34 PM9/3/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
I wish. More like getting a -1 to wisdom as I am removing the tooth that supposedly grants that bonus.

Ivan Tam

Sep 3, 2013, 10:09:39 PM9/3/13
to GOKL Mailing List
Worry not,  as you do not need actual Wisdom to Roleplay :O

Poh Tun Kai

Sep 3, 2013, 10:30:41 PM9/3/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
What happened to your old PF group? Any of them still around?

AlexLWS

Sep 4, 2013, 2:18:55 AM9/4/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Kinda died slowly due to few players and laziness on the part of the GM.

Kelvin Ganesan

Sep 4, 2013, 3:01:29 AM9/4/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Are we going to start back on alternate weeks between this and VtM again?

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:18 PM, AlexLWS <liew.we...@gmail.com> wrote:
Kinda died slowly due to few players and laziness on the part of the GM.

Kelvin Ganesan

AlexLWS

Sep 4, 2013, 3:02:55 AM9/4/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I can do that.

Kelvin Ganesan

Sep 4, 2013, 3:28:57 AM9/4/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Dammit. As always, after a long pause, I have the itch to change class. Should I?

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM, AlexLWS <liew.we...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yeah, I can do that.

Kelvin Ganesan

Omnitricks

Sep 4, 2013, 4:11:24 AM9/4/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
I feel like changing class too. Me think me bard sucks :P

Kelvin Ganesan

Sep 4, 2013, 4:51:29 AM9/4/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
That is the curse of not playing so long.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Omnitricks <livewir...@gmail.com> wrote:
I feel like changing class too. Me think me bard sucks :P

Kelvin Ganesan

Razzman Khaliff

Sep 4, 2013, 5:09:52 AM9/4/13
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
I'm sticking to my bard.

Tai Kwang

Sep 4, 2013, 11:51:38 AM9/4/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
im good, though maybe not start yours this week. Am down with a cold

Sep 4, 2013, 10:34:18 PM9/4/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Okay then since no one's changing characters, we'll pick up where we left off in Santa's dungeon.

Liew Wei Shiung

Andrew @ Vash

Sep 4, 2013, 10:42:33 PM9/4/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Count me in, barring any work stuff. However, I do need a ride back though.

Wei Shiung Liew

Sep 4, 2013, 10:50:57 PM9/4/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
@Andrew. Where do you work? If it's not out of the way, I can pick you up and drop you off like I'm doing now with Kelvin.

Andrew @ Vash

Sep 4, 2013, 11:00:54 PM9/4/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Getting there is simple enough (though time consuming as heck), but getting back to SS3 late at night after the session is a problem.

Omnitricks

Sep 5, 2013, 1:09:33 AM9/5/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Eh meme, I want to change to an alchemist, but I guess I can wait until after the santa dungeon if needed.

If you're staying at SS3 I can send you back since its just opposite my area.

Andrew @ Vash

Sep 5, 2013, 1:24:37 AM9/5/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Cool, thanks!.
Alchemist? Slugger or bomber? Its a surprisingly good melee fighter.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Omnitricks <livewir...@gmail.com> wrote:
Eh meme, I want to change to an alchemist, but I guess I can wait until after the santa dungeon if needed.

If you're staying at SS3 I can send you back since its just opposite my area.

Kelvin Ganesan

Sep 5, 2013, 1:34:07 AM9/5/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
As I won't be joining this session I guess I got time to change as well. Will let you know as soon as possible. So Aasimar is a good race yes?
--
Kelvin Ganesan

Razzman Khaliff

Sep 5, 2013, 2:19:26 AM9/5/13
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Fuck... no ASSimars! Wait it's not my game so not up to me to decide, damn it's hard being a mortal again. Yeah I can send Andrew too coz I know where it is and it's on the way. Noes... I hate being a mortal player character! I'll be so ungodly...

Omnitricks

Sep 5, 2013, 4:01:27 AM9/5/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Monster slugger alchemist hahahaha. I have no idea how it will work out but I just wanna try :P

Tai Kwang

Sep 5, 2013, 10:51:09 AM9/5/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
alchemist huh? Well...it's sounds like, "HULK SMASH!!..
Aasimar's are pretty creepy...as they can sneak up on ya hind, and flash bling-blings for an instant..

Sep 5, 2013, 9:23:13 PM9/5/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
After giving it very serious thought, I have decided not to change my character. The thing that really kept me wanting to stay as a Monk is the move speed. Just so much gravy there that it is hard to pass up.

Andrew @ Vash

Sep 6, 2013, 2:32:59 AM9/6/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Imagine a regular Traveller, wearing a well worn and heavily stained travelling cloak that is obviously way too wide for him. The colour of the cloak had worn unevenly in patches, and the bottom of the cloak is in tatters. The Traveller had kept his hood up, and only his stubble filled chin and unkempt long hair is visible of his face. It had rained lightly at dawn, turning the ground soft and the villages were careful to avoid the small pools of mud. He slowly plods along the main road of the village in his mud crusted boots barely avoiding the worst of the slippery patches. On his back was a very large and apparently heavy backpack, judging by his slow walk, and he seemed to be keeping something hidden under that large cloak as well.

Busy with the morning commerce, pretty much none of the shoppers or shopkeepers pay much attention to such a shabby looking person as he passes. Mothers hold their children close, wondering if this Stranger is in his right mind. The butcher's dog furiously barks at the man, but is reduced to whining as soon as the hood turns its way.

He reaches the quieter edge of town. The medicinal and magic shop here usually open later than the rest of the village shops and are often the subject of speculation about what the respective owners do late into the night. However, their expertise is needed and so, the village folk tolerate them for now.

Some younger men men in leather jackets climb off a pile of crates they were sitting on as the Traveller approaches, and quietly walk over to block the road. Some of the village folk see them, and the nearer ones quickly walk further away as others watch on to see how the Traveller would react. These men were known troublemakers in the area and were usually armed, so none of the simple folk wanted to get on their bad side for a random, and apparently penniless, stranger.

The Stranger was about 30 feet from them when he seemed to notice the obstruction and stopped. His hoarse cough could be heard from where the onlookers were, and from beneath the cloak, the traveller lifted a pale hand to his mouth to cover his mouth. The onlookers couldn't hear what was said between the two parties, but one of the men points at the traveller's backpack.

The hooded man shook his head and one of the troublemakers suddenly unsheathed the short sword at his side while another pulled out a dagger from under his jacket. Some of the watching village folk gasp as the two men start advancing menacingly towards the stranger. With these turn of events, the Traveller carefully sets his bag down on a drier patch of earth before pulling out two stoppered potion bottles filled with a murky liquid. The advancing troublemakers stop, and turn to the rest of their members, who start pulling out small weapons of their own and advancing. Watching children are turned to took the other away by adults, who now fear the worst was about to happen.

As the group of men closed in, the Traveller smoothly uncorked the bottles and downed its contents in a few gulps. Almost instantly, the Traveller was visibly shaking, and some of the villagers turned away, not wanting to see the man die. However, shouts of surprise had them all looking back as the Traveller started growing larger and with one swift motion, unclasped his cloak and cast it onto his backpack. There was a collective intake of breath as the now muscular traveller flexed the extra pair of arms he had hidden to avoid attention. At the sight of this monstrosity, the two leading men turned towards their stupefied comrades, eyes wide with fear and started to flee.

The monster leapt at the two feeling figures, catching one squarely in the back drives him onto the ground. The other man had hardly any time to register what had happened before a huge hand wrapped around his weapon hand and squeezed while another closed around his neck. Struggling to pull free, he screams in horror and pain as the bones in his hand gives way with a wet crack. As the man's eyes rolled back into his head, the Traveller swung the now limp body in a wide arc and released it at the remaining assailants as he charges at them. Seeing their limp friend flying towards them jolted them into action, sending them all running in the direction of the crop fields. One of the more portly assailants barely got a dozen yards before a muscled arm swung in from his left, smashing his ribs beneath the lightly padded leather and blasting the air out of his lungs. The next man in line, hearing the commotion behind him, made a sharp turn back to the village, hoping that the villagers would get in the away of this large monster.

The earlier onlookers, now having lost sight of the rampaging monster now dispersed with some quickly heading for safety behind bolted doors as others started spread the news among those who did not witness the unbelievable turn of events. Kinder souls ran towards the local barber to get help as some women warily approached the two unmoving men. The more adventurous ones now struck out as a group towards the fields when wood could be heard smashing near the blacksmith's shop. A man's body and pieces of wood flew back into the main street, sending the women running back screaming.

The man collided with the backpack that had been left there, spilling contents from the bulging bag which clanged across the street. The troublemaker was limp and bloody, looking to those present like he had already departed this world. Then eyes moved to the dull grey items that spilled out; two huge and well worn falchions. The Traveller casually strode out into the street and without a single look at the villagers pulled his latest victim aside and stowed the weapons away with practised familiarity. Rummaging around for a moment, he pulls out several filled potion bottles and a small pouch as well as writing utensils. He scribbles briefly on parchment and then leaves the parchment on the ground. Grabbing this things, the Traveller turns around and points at the small collection of things before calmly walking away on the road out of town.

Someone later would be curious enough to walk up to the items he had laid on the ground. There, they would find some bottles of a strong potion, a pouch with gold coins, and a note which would say "Those men are NOT dead. These bottles are healing potions of my own creation. What you do with the potions, and those men, is up to you. The money is for any damage caused."

Wei Shiung Liew

Sep 6, 2013, 3:37:08 AM9/6/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
*Upvotes*

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Gamers of Kuala Lumpur" group.

Liew Wei Shiung

Kelvin Ganesan

Sep 6, 2013, 4:39:16 AM9/6/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Time to reroll an Alchemist.

AlexLWS

Sep 8, 2013, 11:09:47 PM9/8/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
So, nothing happened much in the last session.

  • Explored the complex. Massive dome-like halls at each point of the compass, each with a single illuminated pillar at the center. Stumped, our heroes moved on, after looting an ancient elven hero's tomb of his magic helm and shield.
  • Went down a level. Fought an Ice Elemental on a frozen lake. No balance issues, no thanks to Laurea's Communal Phantom Steeds.
  • Broke open Ice Elemental and finds someone in the center. Invites the trustworthy-looking half-orc with wings and tentacles into the party. Seriously, this group will take on anybody.
  • Went down a mountain, up a mountain, found a cave, fought a swarm of dragon wyrmlings with Boargut's dwarvish Fus-Roh-Dahs and neutralized by Laurea's big floating globe of water and its conductivity to electricity from Boargut's lightning-charged axe. Marty the half-Cthulhu contributed by tossing snowballs around ineffectually.
  • Met a frost giant trapped in ice, freed him (but didn't invite him into the party, the speciesists), when he mentioned that the cave belonged to ...
  • Heradraxis, Scourge of Adahkan, the White Death, Chosen of Father Winter. Who started the ambush by sealing the cave entrance with a Wall of Ice.
  • See Invisibility reveals her general location, which she retaliated with a white dragon's freezing breath. Enlarged Marty charges the Huge white dragon and gets grappled and body-slammed for his trouble.
  • Stymied when their physical and magical assaults bounced off so easily, our heroes teleported away to fight another day.

Andrew @ Vash

Sep 9, 2013, 1:18:04 AM9/9/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
"Hello, I'm a travelling half-orc. I notice your group has no alchemist."
"You seem trustworthy. Would you care to join us in our noble quest?"
"Yes. Yes, I would"

A new member has joined your group. The enemies grow stronger.

Kelvin Ganesan

Sep 9, 2013, 3:32:41 AM9/9/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Really? A half Orc with a serious facial hair problem and wings over the frost giant? Is it safe to ask why the Orc has tentacles and wings? Are they functional or merely for show?
--
Kelvin Ganesan

Andrew @ Vash

Sep 9, 2013, 6:38:40 AM9/9/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
The add-ons are functional. Also, we gave the frost giant a chance to fight against the dragon and also dragged him to safety then we decided to run for it.

Tai Kwang

Sep 12, 2013, 7:17:30 AM9/12/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
so any thing tomorrow?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Gamers of Kuala Lumpur" group.

Wei Shiung Liew

Sep 16, 2013, 9:38:19 PM9/16/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
So, who's ready for another PF session? 8pm, this Friday, Border City Cafe.
--
Liew Wei Shiung

Razzman Khaliff

Sep 16, 2013, 10:08:42 PM9/16/13
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Yeah sure we can do your game.

Kelvin Ganesan

Sep 16, 2013, 11:56:29 PM9/16/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
I will be there. Too long have I not played my Gun Master Monk. Still have not used his most awesome ability yet.

Kelvin Ganesan

Sep 18, 2013, 8:31:42 AM9/18/13
to go...@googlegroups.com

Drunken gnome.

On Sep 18, 2013 8:26 PM, "Tai Kwang" <nycro...@yahoo.com> wrote:
An' me keg needs refillin'

Sep 20, 2013, 7:54:30 AM9/20/13
to go...@googlegroups.com

Hey running late. Hope you see this and not leave.

AlexLWS

Sep 23, 2013, 6:34:06 AM9/23/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Heya peeps. Game on again this Friday the 27th, 8pm at Border City Cafe.
Bring your A-game, you know what's coming.

So, last session after successfully escaping the clutches of Heradraxis,
our heroes are reunited once again. After a night's rest, they decided
to have another go at the dragon, this time with the additional
firepower from the cavalier and gunslinger.

Sneaking back into Heradraxis's cave, they explored it further and found
her lair on a frozen lake with massive icy pillars. Coins and gemstones
embedded in the pillars threw glittery and colorful sparkles in the
illumination. Right at the rear of the cavern, a huge figure lies on a
bed of coins.

Preparing for a surprise attack, the wizard buffs her party members. The
cavalier had first strike and pounces... only to trigger an explosive
alarm. Someone came to investigate and turned out to be an old villain
from a previous story arc. Dragon (a large blue named Tygarun) and rider
were defeated without so much as a story exposition or question,
although the party's true target remains at large.

Regardless, a dragon is defeated and a cave is undefended for the
plundering! With no other way, the party chipped a number of pillars to
extract their glittery contents. After the first few however, the cave
collapses while the party escapes.

Onwards to the top of the mountain, the party finally came within sight
of their goal: Father Winter's resting place, currently being excavated
by dozens of humanoids. Distracted, the party did not see Heradraxis
descending from the skies and she caught them in a blast of freezing
breath. Wizard was unconscious almost immediately while everyone else
scrambles. Gunslinger and cavalier managed solid hits, and since
cavalier is more mobile, the dragon went for a tried-and-tested method
of bodyslamming the gunslinger instead. Upon successfully reviving the
wizard, Boargut, the dwarf with a dragon-shaped chip on his shoulder,
entered the fray. Gunslinger wriggles free from the dragon's clutches
thanks to timely Grease from the wizard, and she tried (and failed) to
dispel the party's annoying flight spells.

Heradraxis was brought down in short order, but the damage was done.
Alerted by the sounds of combat, the humanoids decided to free Father
Winter (right now dammit, no time for fancy rituals and sacrifices and
shit, just wake him up before PCs foil our plans). So: in one corner:
four battered and exhausted heroes of the Elsir Vale. In the other
corner, an eldritch abomination and his horde of loyal cultists. The
only advantage that could swing the fight in the heroes' favour lies
within a shield, a quarterstaff, and a grenade...

TBC...

Wei Shiung Liew

Oct 7, 2013, 1:38:01 AM10/7/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Putting out a call for the Heroes of the Imperium to meet at the tavern known as the Border City Cafe on Friday the 11th, 8pm.

Last session: Father Winter's followers move in to capture the heroes after witnessing the fall of Heradraxis. But all was not lost, as the ground erupts and the Adahkanian Winter Guard, frost giants loyal to Queen Mab, came to the rescue. The Queen herself made an appearance, and the two titans of winter squared off in a massive snow blizzard that blanketed half the mountaintop.

In the meantime, the Winter Guard formed a shield wall and handily engaged hobgoblins and human minions, but then had some trouble with the opposing frost giants and Father Winter's hunting hounds. Boargut lent a hand with his inspiring songs of heroic dwarvish valour, and the wizard started spamming area-effect spells.

The line broke, and our heroes came face-to-face with a snarling monstrosity...

TBC...
--
Liew Wei Shiung

Razzman Khaliff

Oct 7, 2013, 2:21:22 AM10/7/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Borgut reportin' fer duty.

Andrew @ Vash

Oct 7, 2013, 3:41:16 AM10/7/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Will be there, barring emergencies.

Kelvin Ganesan

Oct 7, 2013, 3:48:16 AM10/7/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Looks like it is time to bring in the big guns. Big gun reporting for duty.
Kelvin Ganesan

Razzman Khaliff

Oct 7, 2013, 3:53:13 AM10/7/13
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Excellent. We'll win now for sure.

Andrew @ Vash

Oct 8, 2013, 7:23:00 AM10/8/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Looks like our cavalier might be there as well. Seems we will have a nice turnout for the boss fight then..

Kelvin Ganesan

Oct 8, 2013, 7:36:43 AM10/8/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Alright. All the Heroes of the Vale will be there for the final fight.

Kelvin Ganesan

Oct 14, 2013, 5:53:12 AM10/14/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to ask what the level 11 character boost (Vow of Poverty) is. I want to level up my character so that I can bask in the glory that is the number of attacks I get a round.
--
Kelvin Ganesan

Alex Liew

Oct 14, 2013, 6:06:13 AM10/14/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Hey peeps. In response to a request, here's the Vow of Poverty stuff.

Basically, I won't be giving lots of loot, in addition to this being a low-magic campaign. You're also "special" in a way that will be revealed later in the story. Also, I should clarify that all newly generated characters, if you choose to accept the path of poverty, start with 1/5 the usual wealth-by-level.

All abilities are supernatural, meaning they can overcome spell resistance of monsters, and if dispelled by any means, you can restore them at-will as a free action. Also, they will not function in antimagic fields. For all intents and purposes, treat this as racial abilities.

1: Exalted Armor: +4 armor AC, like the spell Mage Armor. This ability increases to +5 at L3 and additional +1 every three levels after, to a maximum of +10 at L18
2: Prescient Visions: if you're not happy with your current d20 result, you may choose to roll one or more d20s. The highest roll will be taken as your new result, while the remaining will be converted into HP damage that cannot be prevented by any means.
4: Exalted Strike: all weapons and natural weapons you wield are treated as +1 weapons. At L10, this becomes +2, and overcomes alignment-based DR of your opposite alignment. Becomes +3 at L14, +4 at L17, and +5 at L20
5: Sustenance: you no longer need to eat or drink.
6: Exalted Deflection: +1 deflection AC as if wearing a ring of protection. This increases to +2 at L12 and +3 at L18
7: Exalted Saves: +1 to all saves as if wearing a cloak of resistance. This increases to +2 at L13 and +3 at L17
7: Exalted Ability: one ability score gains +2, as if wearing an item of ability +2. At L11, this becomes +4, while another ability score gains a +2. At L15, this becomes 6/4/2, and at L19, this becomes 8/6/4/2.
8: Exalted Natural AC: +1 natural AC as if wearing an amulet of natural armor. This increases to +2 at L16
10: Spell Resistance: gain SR equals to your level + 5.
12: Greater Sustenance: you no longer need to breathe.
13: Energy Resistance: gain resist 5 against all elements; this becomes resist 10 at L20.
14: Freedom of Movement
17: Recovery: double all HP gained from resting and from healing spells
18: True Seeing

Alex Liew

Oct 21, 2013, 1:51:59 AM10/21/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Game on again this Friday the 25th, 8pm, Border City Cafe, as our heroes celebrate their hard-won victory over Father Winter. Now that the Queen's request was fulfilled, will she uphold her end of the bargain? Or was this all a ploy to gain their trust? What would the Church of the Light thinks of the PCs collaborating with one of the four sworn enemies of the Emperor?

Tune in next time on HEROES OF THE IMPERIUM!

Kelvin Ganesan

Oct 21, 2013, 9:13:51 PM10/21/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Will be there for all the hero worship.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Alex Liew <liew.we...@gmail.com> wrote:
Game on again this Friday the 25th, 8pm, Border City Cafe, as our heroes celebrate their hard-won victory over Father Winter. Now that the Queen's request was fulfilled, will she uphold her end of the bargain? Or was this all a ploy to gain their trust? What would the Church of the Light thinks of the PCs collaborating with one of the four sworn enemies of the Emperor?

Tune in next time on HEROES OF THE IMPERIUM!

Kelvin Ganesan

Andrew @ Vash

Oct 22, 2013, 2:24:34 AM10/22/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Will be there, barring any work related delays.

Omnitricks

Oct 22, 2013, 9:30:39 AM10/22/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
If I get back home on time I should be able to come :P

Wei Shiung Liew

Nov 11, 2013, 5:24:59 AM11/11/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Heya peeps. Prepare for another session of "HEROES OF THE IMPERIUM!" this Friday the 15th, 8pm, Border City Cafe.

Last session marks the beginning of a new saga. With the defeat of Father Winter, our heroes were lauded as saviours of Adakan in a celebratory ceremony to be held in 3 days time. During that time, Borgut the Bard decided that he wanted some wilderness skills and went off in search of a woodsman for training. He found Aradorn, half-elf ranger of Clan Matterhorn, and learned the ways of the ranger in exchange for tales of his adventures.

The day of the celebrations arrived, and the powerful and influential of Adakan were invited to the Grand Ballroom of the Winter Palace. Huge pine trees sculpted from ice and decorated with rainbow-colored Dancing Lights adorn the ballroom, along with fountains of frostwine. Events were marred when a frost giant chieftain, Skrymir Hergrut, sought to cause trouble by calling out Queen Mab to a duel over rulership of Adakan. The situation was defused with liberal amounts of frostwine in a drinking contest, a game of Shields, and a wrestling contest. Having won all three events, Jarl Hergrut was put into a more agreeable mood for the rest of the night.

Queen Mab made her first appearance since the assault on Father Winter, looking none the worse for wear. Our heroes were plied with praises and awarded the Winter's Mantle, the highest medal for contributions towards the Empire. Another complication arrived in the form of a sniper's bullet fired at the queen, but somehow intercepted by the heavily-armored Imelda. A Perception check and a Dimension Door later, the would-be assassin was surrounded by three of our heroes, and a curious exchange of gunfire ensued between gun-fu adept Brother Kay and the assassin, one with a revolver, the other with a musket.

Outnumbered and facing a gunslinger as skilled as he was, the dark-cloaked rifleman leaped off the 40ft balcony and fell slowly to the ground. Thinking quickly, the wizardess placed an enclosed Wall of Force on the ground where the rifleman would fall into, while Brother Kay continued the pursuit with a hail of bullets. Defeated and dying, the rifleman attempted to detonate a powerful explosive, but was foiled by a panicky combo action of kick-away-the-bomb by Brother Kay and Dimension Door by Borgut. All three were teleported to safety while the explosion was contained inside the Wall of Force.

The assassin was then taken away by the Winterguard for interrogation, and the queen was informed of his origins from the very same monastery that trained Brother Kay in the arts of gunfu. Anyways, assassination plot is foiled, and the Winterguard will handle the rest. Our heroes are needed for something more important, as the Queen revealed in a private meeting.

Way back during the recent war with the Red Hand of Doom, our heroes (specifically a certain gunfu adept) inadvertently released four prisoners from maximum-security containment in a secret prison of the Church of the Light. One of the four was Queen Mab, who then returned to assume rulership of Adakan from her daughter. Relations between Adakan and the Imperium were strained to say the least, with diplomatic concessions only thanks to the heroes' intervention in slaying Father Winter on behalf of the queen. The three others, Kthanid the High Priest of Kthulhu, Blade the warforged revolutionary warlord, and Imhotep the Lich-King of Nekhara, were co-conspirators to a secret plot involving the Imperium several centuries ago. Apparently the Emperor didn't like that very much and had them captured and imprisoned by the Church.

So now they're back in the land of the living, PO-ed as heck and ready to rumble against the Imperium, except for Queen Mab who appeared to be neutral for now. Kthanid intended to return to his undersea kingdom and goes about to look for daddy Kthulhu and wake up him up, presumably to cause all kinds of sea-based havoc. Blade on the other hand, believed himself to be the herald of the Godforged, the one true deity for the warforged race, and lead the million-plus race of metal men into a religious crusade. But of the three, Imhotep was the most dangerous, having discovered a method to make himself invulnerable to any and all attacks. The loophole however, requires that our heroes to locate four extraplanar elements, Fire, Water, Air, and Earth, to forge into a weapon capable of piercing Imhotep's defenses. Father Winter's talons harvested from his carcass constitute the element of Air. In addition, a smith would have to be found, one skilled enough to forge the magical elements into a weapon.

Now begins the quest to locate the other three elements, while trying to figure out how to foil the plots of the three terrorists.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Omnitricks <livewir...@gmail.com> wrote:
If I get back home on time I should be able to come :P

Liew Wei Shiung

Razzman Khaliff

Nov 11, 2013, 5:46:11 AM11/11/13
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Och, Boarguts is jacked up and good ta' go!!!

Kelvin Ganesan

Nov 11, 2013, 8:05:09 AM11/11/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Brother Kay will be there.
--
Kelvin Ganesan

Poh Tun Kai

Nov 11, 2013, 8:55:38 AM11/11/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like good godkicking fun...

Andrew @ Vash

Nov 11, 2013, 9:44:11 PM11/11/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Will be there!

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM, Poh Tun Kai <ptik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sounds like good godkicking fun...

Andrew @ Vash

Nov 15, 2013, 5:56:01 AM11/15/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
If anyone sees this, sorry, but I will not be able to attend today. Phone down :(

Tai Kwang

Nov 15, 2013, 6:10:34 AM11/15/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
okay....Then next week?

Kelvin Ganesan

Nov 15, 2013, 6:11:55 AM11/15/13
to go...@googlegroups.com

Nono. Today is still on. Alex and I are on the way. We are nearing giza.

Tai Kwang

Nov 15, 2013, 6:26:08 AM11/15/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
realised i forgot to take the 1/2 dmg from pow attacks for two-handed weapons

Wei Shiung Liew

Nov 24, 2013, 9:28:55 PM11/24/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Heya peeps. Roll call for this Friday's game, hoping to get at least two confirmations if I'm going to run this week.

Liew Wei Shiung

Razzman Khaliff

Nov 25, 2013, 3:26:51 AM11/25/13
to Gamers of Kuala Lumpur
Ingrid Drakecleaver is in.

Andrew @ Vash

Nov 25, 2013, 4:57:41 AM11/25/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
Im in, barring emergencies

Kelvin Ganesan

Nov 26, 2013, 8:06:38 PM11/26/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
I have to apologise as I will not be able to make it for this weeks game. As I have previously informed the DM, I have a dinner/hen night to attend and will not be able to make it this week.
Kelvin Ganesan

Razzman Khaliff

Nov 26, 2013, 8:11:34 PM11/26/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
No pew pew then. Oh well should still be manageable. What's a hen night?
--
Kelvin Ganesan

Kelvin Ganesan

Nov 26, 2013, 9:32:51 PM11/26/13
to go...@googlegroups.com
It's supposed to be like a bachelor party but for girls. But seeing as my friend works in Australia, she doesn't have that many girlfriends in Malaysia. So we expanded the group to include her secondary school guy friends. Even then, the list was short. So yeah. We have to do crazy stuff I guess.
Kelvin Ganesan
It is loading more messages.