Himiwari and Meteosat images missing from GOES16 EMWIN feed

Dave, K0RX

Feb 24, 2022, 8:55:37 AM2/24/22
to goestools-users
Does anyone know what happened to the Himiwari and Meteosat images in the GOES16 EMWIN feed?

Specifically, I am referring to the Title-19 and Title-21 images from this document:

According to my data, the images were dropped from the GOES16 EMWIN feed at approximately 0000 UTC on February 16, 2022.

For what it is worth, the EMWIN configuration for my goestools instance is as follows:

   [[handler]]
   type = "emwin"
   directory = "/media/ramdisk/emwin"
   exclude_txt = false

As far as I can tell, nothing else has been removed from the feed.

Thanks!
Dav

Carl Reinemann

Feb 25, 2022, 3:49:12 PM2/25/22
to goestools-users
Dave,
I spoke to the EMWIN supervisor at NOAA, the imagery was inadvertently left out after software work during a PDA upgrade. They have flagged the issue and marked it for corrective action.  He'll contact me when the fix is in place and working.

Carl

David R. Andersen

Feb 25, 2022, 4:16:02 PM2/25/22
to goestoo...@googlegroups.com, Carl Reinemann
Carl:

Wow - thanks very much for your help! It is appreciated! Glad there
is a resolution. I feared user error on my part.

Have a great weekend!

Dave

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 12:49:12PM -0800, Carl Reinemann wrote:
>Dave,
>I spoke to the EMWIN supervisor at NOAA, the imagery was inadvertently left
>out after software work during a PDA upgrade. They have flagged the issue
>and marked it for corrective action. He'll contact me when the fix is in
>place and working.
>
>Carl
>
>On Thursday, February 24, 2022 at 7:55:37 AM UTC-6 Dave, K0RX wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know what happened to the Himiwari and Meteosat images in the
>> GOES16 EMWIN feed?
>>
>> Specifically, I am referring to the Title-19 and Title-21 images from this
>> document:
>>
>> EMWIN catalog
>> <https://www.weather.gov/media/emwin/EMWIN_Image_and_Text_Data_Capture_Catalog_v1.3b_r180817.pdf>
>>
>> According to my data, the images were dropped from the GOES16 EMWIN feed
>> at approximately 0000 UTC on February 16, 2022.
>>
>> For what it is worth, the EMWIN configuration for my goestools instance is
>> as follows:
>>
>> [[handler]]
>> type = "emwin"
>> directory = "/media/ramdisk/emwin"
>> exclude_txt = false
>>
>> As far as I can tell, nothing else has been removed from the feed.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Dav
>
>--

int x=90560580,y=32678;main(){putchar(x);x>>=y&7;y>>=3;return y?main():0;}
Contact info: https://k0rx.com/contact/

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

-----BEGIN RANDOM OR NOT?-----

ZP04KyJQiIsHH8IGQfvY9K9t3NgP3LZBeeqjmabmJk2Kpi18yxmxK1EcWjsKVKfC
toufd5vFqRO3y+NeJMoHRSHepdhprQp3jr7uJnR9CyVbo7KJzWmspL8fM3tRw/np
8hRC/fw7ESyq+7BuGgBn/Awj7oelGGqoSRzk+wrSKq4wHWq/CaEbpcEwEiq09GDi
-----END RANDOM OR NOT?-----

Dave, K0RX

Feb 28, 2022, 4:46:26 PM2/28/22
to goestools-users
Looks like all is good again. Thanks Carl!

Dave

out.png

Carl Reinemann

Feb 28, 2022, 5:04:52 PM2/28/22
to goestoo...@googlegroups.com
You're Welcome!

Dave, K0RX

Mar 26, 2022, 9:42:54 PM3/26/22
to goestools-users
Carl - I was wondering if you would be willing to talk to your EMWIN contact? Those images are missing from the feed again.

Thanks.
Dave K0RX