Importing from Firefox

Benjamin Witt

Jun 7, 2013, 1:02:00 PM6/7/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Rookie question--

I imported my bookmarks from FF (21.0).  There were 887 bookmarks.  After the import completed, nothing in GMarks changed.  Where did the import go?

Thanks
Ben

Robert G

Jul 3, 2013, 9:51:26 PM7/3/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com

Having the same issue, IMPORT function seems to have been broken (evidently for a while now)...

Message has been deleted

Per Jørgensen

Jul 4, 2013, 11:02:05 AM7/4/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Import from Firefox do not work for me either. :-(

All I get is a bar in the bottom of the window saying "Importing", it don't move, and bookmarks don't get imported.

Firefox 22
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

This is really irritating as i need to import a lot of bookmarks. And I do not know of other programs that can do it.

Please help us.

Benjamin Witt

Jul 4, 2013, 11:11:45 AM7/4/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Look for the unofficial update to Gmarks. It worked for me. Will try to find it again and repost.

Per Jørgensen

Jul 4, 2013, 12:01:32 PM7/4/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
If it is these, I have already tried to use the Import from FF feature with them without luck. :(

gmarks-1.0.5-unofficial_zinyth_fx.xpi
gmarks-1.0.51-unofficial_shitamo_fx.xpi

I did take a look down the topics, and it looks like the bug have been mention some times before. This is maybe a old bug that never got fixed?

Sigh... Just don't know what to do...

Benjamin Witt

Jul 4, 2013, 12:19:56 PM7/4/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I suspect those are the correct unofficial updates.  I used them (or similar ones) and they worked.  I think I had to uninstall the Gmarks add on first and reinstall, otherwise, maybe it wouldn't work.

After I installed this update, it worked fine. Keep trying?

Per Jørgensen

Jul 4, 2013, 1:18:44 PM7/4/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Sigh... I have all ready done that more times... (Uninstall/Reinstall)

Also tested in a clean PortableApps.com Firefox (v22) and it won't import the few bookmarks in there.

Everything works, just not the Import feature i need. And after reading here in the treads, I'm not even sure if it worked before the unoffical updates, stupid old bug...

But thanks Benjamin for trying to help...

Per Jørgensen

Jul 10, 2013, 1:37:16 PM7/10/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I'm just BUMP'ing for a fix or another way to import from Firefox or a bookmark.html file.

shitamo

Jul 13, 2013, 6:47:09 AM7/13/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I learned for the first time that there was a import function.
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2013/06/03/compatibility-for-firefox-22/
I think that this is because remove deprecated nsILivemarkService interface.
import.diff