firebird+dart (flutter)

Yaroslav Witol

Jan 15, 2021, 7:30:25 AM1/15/21
to firebird-general
the best way to connect to the firebird database with dart?

Mr John

Jan 16, 2021, 5:36:14 AM1/16/21
to firebird-general
Hi
a good way: web api
we are using Flutter(dart) with .Net Core

Yaroslav Witol

Jan 16, 2021, 10:54:54 AM1/16/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
thanks. clarification - We plan to work in the local network of Wi-Fi, customers also have Android and IOS, the web will slow down.

сб, 16 січ. 2021 о 12:36 Mr John <mrjoh...@gmail.com> пише:

Mark Rotteveel

Jan 16, 2021, 11:14:32 AM1/16/21
On 16-01-2021 16:52, Yaroslav Witol wrote:
> thanks. clarification -We plan to work in the local network of Wi-Fi,
> customers also have Android and IOS, the web will slow down.

Using a REST API, even in your local network, will likely work better
(and more secure), than having each individual mobile device talking
directly to the database server.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel

Dimitry Sibiryakov

Jan 16, 2021, 11:20:12 AM1/16/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
16.01.2021 16:52, Yaroslav Witol wrote:
> We plan to work in the local network of Wi-Fi, customers also have Android and IOS, the
> web will slow down.

Google said me this: https://dart.dev/guides/libraries/c-interop
They claim that Dart can call C code so you can use ISC API in your applications.

--
WBR, SD.

Mr John

Jan 16, 2021, 12:06:55 PM1/16/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
It will be fast enough and secure if you avoid direct db connection and use REST API(you can create it with .Net,python,php,etc )

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "firebird-general" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/firebird-general/CAE4OrWJ9HgB%2B_7RDWzjfqNNPF%3DMNCnAJ_1_X5Pxwx8mBg%3DKoVQ%40mail.gmail.com.

rafael silva

Oct 15, 2021, 12:37:47 PM10/15/21
to firebird-general
any news on the topic? now that we have the shelf there could be a drive for dart, we already have mysql, postgres...

Yaroslav Witol

Oct 17, 2021, 2:52:20 AM10/17/21
to firebird...@googlegroups.com
The project was frozen. We can use postgres, but it's a lot of programs to rework.

пт, 15 жовт. 2021 о 19:37 rafael silva <rafag...@gmail.com> пише: