Testbed access for non open call selected experiments

alo...@ac.upc.edu

Oct 27, 2020, 8:45:32 AM10/27/20
to fed4fire-experimenters
We have tried to participate a couple of times to FED4FIRE open calls but our experiment has not been selected. As far as we know, we still can use the FED4FIRE testbeds (we already have an account) but we would like to know which limitation do we have to use these testbeds. We are basically interested in Virtuall Wall, Grid5000 or Cloudlab.

Thanks in advance

brecht.vermeulen

Oct 27, 2020, 8:48:02 AM10/27/20
to fed4fire-experimenters
Hi,

that's a pity to hear, but indeed there is open access for research goals !
Limitations are typically in the number of resources: if you intend to use more than 50 nodes or for longer periods, just contact us so we can look if we can host this or not.

best regards,
Brecht

Albert López

Oct 28, 2020, 7:58:22 AM10/28/20
to fed4fire-ex...@googlegroups.com
Dear Brecht,

Thanks for your reply. Our initial experiments don't require many resources (around 20 nodes or even less and some hours). If we need more resources we will get in contact with you. Thanks for this opportunity.

Best regards

Albert