facility registry SOPs

Cullen, Theresa

Aug 6, 2018, 12:11:06 PM8/6/18
to facility...@googlegroups.com, OpenHIE implementers network, Fekadu, Cullen, Theresa
Hope everyone is well. We are working on eHA as a part of a data use partnership project in Ethiopia. Jennifer Shivers and I are interested in trying to identify ways that organizations/countries are using to curate facility registries. The following two questions reflect our conversations:
  1. Does anyone have SOPs /written processes / lessons learned that can be shared about how to curate and maintain facility registries?
  2.  If you do, is it possible to get copies and/or references to these documents and/or processes?

We look forward to your response. Please respond to this thread. If there are many documents, Jamie will move them into a WIKI page.
Thanks in advance for your review and help.

Terry Cullen, MD, MS
Regenstrief

Alvin Marcelo

Aug 6, 2018, 10:32:57 PM8/6/18
to Scott Teesdale, charity_gmail, OpenHIE implementers network, Fekadu, Cullen, Theresa
Dear Terry,

Ms Charity from our DOH manages the National Health Facility Registry -- she may have some resources --

Dear Charity, Terry is with the OpenHIE group -- see thread below --

alvin

Alvin B. Marcelo, MD, FPCS, CGEIT, TOGAF, COBIT5 F/I, ArchiMate

--
Disclaimer:

This e-mail, together with any attachments, is intended for the named recipients only and is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete it and any attachments from your system. You may not copy or disclose its contents to anyone.

ma...@healthsites.io

Aug 7, 2018, 7:20:40 AM8/7/18
to Facility Registry (OHIE)
Hi Terry,

We've been thinking through the following method to curate/validate health facility data. Our objective is to establish a Location Validation Index (LVI) score for each facility and receive validations from different user profiles. (user, trusted user, trusted user in the MoH ect)

Through the Digital Square Notice B we are currently working with eHA / Aether to complete a data lifecycle with OpenStreetMap and achieve interoperability with GOFR tools. We plan to build on this work and establish the LVI score. Here is an overview diagram showing the data flow.

Mark Herringer

Aug 7, 2018, 7:52:25 AM8/7/18
to facility...@googlegroups.com
Here are the envisaged personas: https://github.com/healthsites/healthsites/wiki/healthsites.io-personas

This page is about to get some attention thanks to Digital Square!

Cullen, Theresa

Aug 7, 2018, 9:18:31 AM8/7/18
to adma...@up.edu.ph, Scott Teesdale, charity_gmail, Fekadu, Shivers, Jennifer Ellen
Thanks so much Alvin. I  hope that all is well for you! Charity, anything that you can share would be great. Thanks! terry

Derek Ritz

Aug 7, 2018, 9:48:41 AM8/7/18
to facility...@googlegroups.com, OpenHIE implementers network, Fekadu, Cullen, Theresa
Hi Terry.

Out of curiousity, I did a quick search to see how facility lists are managed here in my province in Canada (I live in Ontario). Here is the site with links to information about the governance of these (under our provincial health legislation) and the procedures for being included in the facilities list.(Note: this is for independent health facilities).

It is not an LMIC example. All the same, this may be interesting to community members.

Warmest regards,
Derek

Derek Ritz
----------------
This email may contain confidential information intended only for the recipient. If you receive it by accident, please delete it.

Derek Ritz

Aug 7, 2018, 10:05:20 AM8/7/18
to facility...@googlegroups.com, OpenHIE implementers network, Fekadu, Cullen, Theresa
Ooops... Sorry!! Please see the posting (below)... and here is the website (which I forgot to include the first time): http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ihf/facilities.aspx

Adam Preston

Aug 7, 2018, 10:38:57 AM8/7/18
to Facility Registry (OHIE)

Hi Terry,

You may already have this, but there are a bunch of great resources here: https://wiki.ohie.org/display/SUB/MFL+Resource+Package

(including the MASTER FACILITY LIST RESOURCE PACKAGE: Guidance for countries wanting to strengthen their MFL). To me this is the place to start.

Cristina de la Torre

Aug 7, 2018, 3:06:49 PM8/7/18
to facility...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for referencing the MFL Resource Package. The module titled "Maintaining the MFL" provides a description of the steps needed to curate and validate the MFL. At the end of that module there are links to 2 documents that provide detailed information on how Kenya and Tanzania are handling this process.

Please note the updated and final version of the MFL Resource Package can be found here:

http://www.who.int/healthinfo/country_monitoring_evaluation/mfl/en/

Best,

Cristina de la Torre

ICF