1st attempt using cDataSet's excel pull of REST services - run time error

Skip to the first unread message

merchant...@gmail.com

8 May 2013, 23:18:5808/05/2013
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruce et al,

Thanks for the incredible amount of tools you've provided! Lots of these tools that you've described seems to be extremely valuable for a lot of the work I'd like to do!

Unfortunately, I'm hitting the same error when running the tests. I'm attaching the error and the line that seems to be hitting the bug.

I'm wondering if the problem has to do with Excel not being able to connect the internet.. Would love any advice or attempts to try and fix this!

Thanks,
Michael
jsonExcelErr2.png
jsonExcelErr1.png

Bruce McPherson

9 May 2013, 03:21:2809/05/2013
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael
Yes it is a connectivity problem. If you look in the debugger immediate window you'll see the URL it was trying to execute I think. Copy that to your browser and see if it works to check connectivity

Bruce

Sent from my iPad

<jsonExcelErr2.png>
<jsonExcelErr1.png>

Michael Idris Merchant

9 May 2013, 07:52:3509/05/2013
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruce, thanks for the quick response. The URL seems fine. I went as far as making my own addition to the library, supplying the rest call I was trying to query as the URL and putting a dummy character 'a' as the query in the function call. Same issue.

I'm guessing the problem is with excel's connectivity?

Michael

Sent from my iPhone
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Excel Liberation" group.

Bruce Mcpherson

9 May 2013, 09:51:0609/05/2013
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
i guess.. Excel would use IE.. which browser did you try it in? are you at work (is there a proxy) .. can you send me the url.

regards
browser