Postfix with cPanel

tivada...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2014, 4:24:37 PM6/23/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I installed ERPNext Community version successfully on my CentOS VPS server. Everything works except that I can't set up the outgoing SMTP email service. Whenever I fill out the fields the loading bar just keeps loading and after like 5 minutes I get an error message. I figured that the problem might be that Postfix is not installed.

The problem is that my VPS provider said I can't install Postfix, otherwise I will mess up my existing exam and more importantly, cPanel configuration.

Could you tell me what is the solution then? How can I set up my SMTP in ERPNext without Postfix?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Anand Doshi

Jun 23, 2014, 10:42:01 PM6/23/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
You can use SMTP services like mandrill or sendgrid.

-Anand.

Sent from my phone

Tivadar Orosz

Jun 24, 2014, 2:31:31 AM6/24/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Anand,

Thanks for your help a lot but is it real that I can't use my existing and own SMTP server for sending emails and I must create an account at mandrill or sendgrid? Is there really no other way?

Thank you again for your help!
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/F471B067-08FF-4FAB-9EBF-F8339B4B7531%40iwebnotes.com.

Tivadar Orosz

Jun 24, 2014, 3:39:04 AM6/24/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Anand, May I have one more question? Do you know if Mandrill' library already imported into ERPNext, so if I install the lib on my server then it will work automatically?

Thanks again, I appreciate your help

On 24-Jun-2014, at 1:54, tivada...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

I installed ERPNext Community version successfully on my CentOS VPS server. Everything works except that I can't set up the outgoing SMTP e mail service. Whenever I fill out the fields the loading bar just keeps loading and after like 5 minutes I get an error message. I figured that the problem might be that Postfix is not installed.

The problem is that my VPS provider said I can't install Postfix, otherwise I will mess up my existing exam and more importantly, cPanel configuration.

Could you tell me what is the solution then? How can I set up my SMTP in ERPNext without Postfix?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 24, 2014, 4:39:50 AM6/24/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Mandrill is not a library its a service - you need an SMTP server to send out mails. (could be your own or third-party)

Tivadar Orosz

Jun 24, 2014, 8:32:31 AM6/24/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rushabh,

Thanks for trying to help. I am not very technical, could you please help me to get further with my issue? Please.

I have my own SMTP server. All of my applications can send out emails via that SMTP without a problem. Only ERPNext is giving me this error message (see attachment) when I try to set up the settings. The problem is that I can't find anything useful in server log.

Could you please give me a hint about what might cause this problem?

FYI: I don't have Postfix installed. I have exim because Postfix cannot work well together with cPanel.

Thanks again a lot!
Tivadar

Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 14.29.33.png

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 24, 2014, 8:38:03 AM6/24/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Check your javascript console for the trace.

<Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 14.29.33.png>

Tivadar Orosz

Jun 24, 2014, 8:57:13 AM6/24/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

This is my console:

Failed to load resource: http://beennovation.com:8000/assets/css/bootstrap.css.map  the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (bootstrap.css.map, line 0)

[Log] Traceback (innermost last): (frappe.min.js, line 339)
  File "/home/ortiv/public_html/erp/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 46, in application
    response = frappe.handler.handle()
  File "/home/ortiv/public_html/erp/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 66, in handle
    execute_cmd(cmd)
  File "/home/ortiv/public_html/erp/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 84, in execute_cmd
    ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
  File "/home/ortiv/public_html/erp/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 521, in call
    return fn(*args, **newargs)
  File "/home/ortiv/public_html/erp/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/widgets/form/save.py", line 18, in savedocs
    doc.save()
  File "/home/ortiv/public_html/erp/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 161, in save
    self.run_before_save_methods()
  File "/home/ortiv/public_html/erp/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 402, in run_before_save_methods
    self.run_method("validate")
  File "/home/ortiv/public_html/erp/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 387, in run_method
    return Document.hook(fn)(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/ortiv/public_html/erp/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 463, in composer
    return composed(self, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/ortiv/public_html/erp/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 446, in runner
    add_to_return_value(self, fn(self, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/home/ortiv/public_html/erp/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 381, in <lambda>
    fn = lambda self, *args, **kwargs: getattr(self, method)(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/ortiv/public_html/erp/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/outgoing_email_settings/outgoing_email_settings.py", line 25, in validate
    sess = smtpserver.sess
  File "/home/ortiv/public_html/erp/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/email_lib/smtp.py", line 82, in sess
    cint(self.port) or None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 251, in __init__
    (code, msg) = self.connect(host, port)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 312, in connect
    (code, msg) = self.getreply()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py", line 363, in getreply
    raise SMTPServerDisconnected("Connection unexpectedly closed")
 SMTPServerDisconnected: Connection unexpectedly closed

Crossing my fingers that it means something for you :)

Rushabh Mehta

Jun 24, 2014, 8:59:21 AM6/24/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Could be an issue with the SMTP server. The SMTP server might be firewalled to accept requests from only some clients.

Tivadar Orosz

Jun 24, 2014, 9:00:15 AM6/24/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
That might be a problem. Let me check and will get back to you in a very short time. Thanks for real!

Tivadar Orosz

Jun 24, 2014, 11:26:28 AM6/24/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
I can see now that you are right. If I type my gmail SMTP credentials, it works. If I type again my own SMTP server it says retry timeout exceeds.

Could you please tell me how can I stop the ERPNext system? I run it as root at the moment and want to stop to run it as another user. CTRL + C is not an option for me since it is a cron job.

Thanks again,
Tivadar

Tivadar Orosz

Jun 25, 2014, 7:00:29 AM6/25/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
If I changed the port to 587 from 465 it worked. However, we made a substantial research about every and each firewall settings so we are pretty sure it is not about our SMTP but ERPNext.

But it is solved. Thanks for helping.