Sales permission access control

Joven Chiew

Nov 19, 2013, 9:09:27 PM11/19/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Iet say I 3 companies in ERPNext.

Can I limit some user only able to see company records related to them and not able to access the other 2 company records?
Also, is it possible to assign customer to different sales person so each of them is not able to edit or even read customer/transaction not owned by them?

Which part of the access control/permission I should set or look at in ERPNext? The user guide in access control is kind of brief.

Maxwell Morais

Nov 19, 2013, 9:18:10 PM11/19/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello Joven

We will need to use the Permission Manager.

We will need to use the Permission Manager, but before, I want to explain something about the permissions - I do not know if you know, but the permissions follow a logic "or".

This allows you to have multiple permissions for a user group, but they are only valid when the field "match" is true to its condition, see my example below:

Sales Users & Leads
Sales Sales Users can create
Sales Sales Users can read only when owners
Sales users can edit only when owners
Sales Sales Users can report only when owners
If your rules have some way to distinguish which users have access, we can make it that way.
Otherwise, we will have to add a role in Sales Invoice, which determines the user who can report and add this role to each user profile.

The same way as is done for the constraint owner, you can narrow by company or by company and owner, with two identical permissions where the field determines a rule to match the company and other permissions for the owner

2013/11/20 Joven Chiew <joven...@gmail.com>

Maxwell Morais
Tecnologia da Informação

Joven Chiew

Nov 19, 2013, 9:29:39 PM11/19/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Ah ha! I sort of understood now.
What is the level for? does it mean if someone have level 1 it will overwrite level 0 permission?
What make a user an "owner" to a record/customer? I understand the assign is more like assigning task rather than ownership?

On Wednesday, 20 November 2013 10:18:10 UTC+8, Maxwell wrote:
[...]

Maxwell Morais

Nov 19, 2013, 9:43:14 PM11/19/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
The level, is the "status" of DocType, it is  only for Submitable DocTypes, as "Sales Orders" or "Sales Invoice"

0 - is writable
1 - is submited
2 - is canceled

The  owner, is the user that creates the record

>>> I understand the assign is more like assigning task rather than ownership?
Yes, assign define a new task to a user with an customer attached to task

Joven Chiew

Nov 19, 2013, 9:45:07 PM11/19/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Ok thanks. So how do I reassign ownership to a different user?

2013/11/20 Joven Chiew <joven...@gmail.com>

2013/11/20 Joven Chiew <joven...@gmail.com>

Maxwell Morais
Tecnologia da Informação

Maxwell Morais

Nov 19, 2013, 9:56:51 PM11/19/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Transfer of ownership is something that does not exist in ERPNext
My recommendation is to relax the permissions, here in the company, each user has their group of customers as "Customers Maxwell" in the case of my exit from the company, the administrator or a user allowed can add the property, customer_group = "Customers Maxwell" to another user, thus allowing full access to customers that were once mine.

And through this, you can assign customers to other sales users, modifying only the client group.

Joven Chiew

Nov 19, 2013, 9:58:56 PM11/19/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Ok, understood. So I can also create custom field for different company and restrict access the same way?

Maxwell Morais

Nov 19, 2013, 10:01:58 PM11/19/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
​I'm sorry, but i can't understand ​their line of thought in the previous question, could you elaborate?

Joven Chiew

Nov 19, 2013, 10:05:40 PM11/19/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for not making it clear. I mean if I have 2 separate companies in ERPNext and I can create a custom field to match the value for 2 separate accountants so they can only see accounts they have access to? Is that the correct way to restrict access?

Joven Chiew

Nov 19, 2013, 10:08:21 PM11/19/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Or it is related to the HR employee record is the login user belongs to company A then they cannot see company B?

Maxwell Morais

Nov 19, 2013, 10:16:22 PM11/19/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
You do not need to create a custom field, you need to add a constraint-based "company"

In each user, add the companies that he has access, through the "User Properties"

See, my example below:

Fernanda Cardim is a Master Sales Manager, and below is the same permission setting role.

And below are the territories that she can see, there are 11 in all territories, but she manages the account for only 4 territories, then define the properties which it has access.

Can you understand now?

Joven Chiew

Nov 19, 2013, 10:21:40 PM11/19/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

lxnow

Nov 20, 2013, 12:31:42 AM11/20/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Just wondering: in what type of situation(s) does having multiple companies running on the same instance/account of ERPNext does it make sense?

Maxwell Morais

Nov 20, 2013, 12:47:51 AM11/20/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Laurence, how are you?
I was confused, you want to know in what situation do not have multiple companies in one instance ERPNext makes sense is this?

Or what would be the point in having multiple companies?

2013/11/20 lxnow <laur...@union.ph>

Just wondering: in what type of situation(s) does having multiple companies running on the same instance/account of ERPNext does it make sense?

Joven Chiew

Nov 20, 2013, 1:06:19 AM11/20/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

Such as a same owner but running different company and separate accounting, some employees serving a few companies own by the same owner etc.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

lxnow

Nov 20, 2013, 3:48:01 AM11/20/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com, iamj...@gmail.com
Hi Max, Joven -

Yeah just wanted to get an idea how else other users might be using ERPNext. It's a good way to find creative ways of using ERPNext that I may have not thought of yet, and could apply to our situation.

Or what would be the point in having multiple companies?

This is what I am curious about. I suppose it makes a lot of sense to do this if the overlap of resources is pretty big between companies.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.