Duplicate Material Requests and Purchase Orders from a Single Sales Order

Don Blackowiak

Sep 18, 2014, 11:05:57 PM9/18/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi all.  I am just getting started so I hope I am missing something obvious here.  I am doing tests before taking ERPNext live, and I have noticed the following.

I have a submitted Sales Order in the System.
From the SO, I click "Make Material Request" and submit it. Fine.
From the MR I click "Make Purchase Order" and submit. Fine

But if I go back to the Sales order, the "Make Material Request" button is still there. And if I click the "Linked With" report, it confirms that I can create multiple duplicates.. I now have 3!! (This is a test account fortunately).

This seems like very confusing behavior for my users, and potentially troublesome for everyone if we duplicate purchase orders to suppliers.

Please tell me I am missing something?  Is there a way to hide that button after the items have been Requested/Ordered?

--Don

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 19, 2014, 12:58:54 AM9/19/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
This is a known issue;

please add your comment there so that we can increase its priority.

Y Y

Sep 19, 2014, 1:28:23 AM9/19/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Is that add a check script after click the link will solve this case? if it is, i can create a pull request to fix this.

Please suggest. Thanks.

在 2014年9月19日星期五UTC+8下午12时58分54秒,Rushabh Mehta写道:

On 19-Sep-2014, at 8:35 am, Don Blackowiak <donbla...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all.  I am just getting started so I hope I am missing something obvious here.  I am doing tests before taking ERPNext live, and I have noticed the following.

I have a submitted Sales Order in the System.
From the SO, I click "Make Material Request" and submit it. Fine.
From the MR I click "Make Purchase Order" and submit. Fine

But if I go back to the Sales order, the "Make Material Request" button is still there. And if I click the "Linked With" report, it confirms that I can create multiple duplicates.. I now have 3!! (This is a test account fortunately).

This seems like very confusing behavior for my users, and potentially troublesome for everyone if we duplicate purchase orders to suppliers.

Please tell me I am missing something?  Is there a way to hide that button after the items have been Requested/Ordered?

--Don

Rushabh Mehta

Sep 19, 2014, 1:38:44 AM9/19/14
On 19-Sep-2014, at 10:58 am, Y Y <yangy...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is that add a check script after click the link will solve this case? if it is, i can create a pull request to fix this.

Please suggest. Thanks.

You will have to write a validate on Material Request

For each Item in Material Request (add qtys if item is repeated),
 - If the Item is raised against a Sales Order
    - Check that the quantity does not cross the total quantity in the sales order

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/3e22d647-863b-4f32-ac86-bc2d09d8bbf2%40googlegroups.com.

Y Y

Sep 19, 2014, 1:47:18 AM9/19/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
ok, i will do that, if there are open source user which will use version 4 for a long time before 5 is live and stable, they could use patch pull requested from me.

thanks.

在 2014年9月19日星期五UTC+8下午1时38分44秒,Rushabh Mehta写道:

Don Blackowiak

Sep 19, 2014, 9:25:07 AM9/19/14
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
That's great Rushabh.  I will hope it gets added into 5 or whatever hits the frappe cloud first!