How to apply Sales Commissions correctly

Zel Ortiz

May 3, 2013, 9:03:04 AM5/3/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm wondering how we can make use of the sales commission feature to automatically compute and display the commissions of our sales people (internal) and sales agents (external) in the system and reports. It will eat so much of our work and time to externally compute the commissions of sales people and may result to errors and wrong computations because its done manually.

We're currently using the feature but it computes from the net total, without deducting first the applied discounts and taxes. The system's total amount does not match our manual computation. We also have different commission rates for different sales, however we don't know how to set it in the system.

It would be nice if ERPnext can look into this matter.

Addy

May 3, 2013, 3:26:30 PM5/3/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ortiz,

I think what you are asking for is already available in the product. Look at the screenshots of the system, I hope this is what you are asking for:

(BTW, the screenshots are from the CUSTOMER Master form)

In the customer master there is a field for Default Sales Partner, this you can use for external people and assign a default commission %age for every customer individually and the then there is another table for selecting the sales person which can be used for internal usage.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Zel Ortiz

May 3, 2013, 10:41:14 PM5/3/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
No attached screenshot.

Yes, i have used the customer master form and im already entering data in the invoice now when i encountered this problem. What if the external Sales people's commission is not based on rates and percentage, but on a certain amount, for example, like Php 20,000.00?

And also, regarding the internal sales people, when using the invoice, systems says allocated % must be 100%, otherwise, it won't save. What does allocated % and allocation amount mean?And Where should i put the commission rate of the internal sales people if the Commission Rate stated above the total commission is for the external sales people's use or reference?

Please a look at this screenshot

Best Regards,

Ms. Jameszel A. Ortiz
Sales and Marketing Director
Alcon Telecommunications Philippines
415 Mc Arthur Hiway Malinta Valenzuela City, Philippines 1440
Tel: +632-2158886 / 2777715 / 4437323
Mobile #: +63917-8961505
Skype: zel.ortiz2

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Email from ALCON is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the above address and delete the original message immediately. The internet cannot guarantee that this communication is free of viruses, interception or interference and anyone who communicates with us by email is taken to accept the risks in so doing. Without limitation, ALCON and its affiliates accept no liability whatsoever and howsoever arising in connection with the use of this email.

Screen Shot 2013-05-04 at 10.27.35 AM.png

Rushabh Mehta

May 4, 2013, 5:35:18 AM5/4/13
to ERPNext User's Forum
Zel,

The best way to accomplish this is using custom fields and custom script.

1. Capture the information you need (that is not already captured) by adding Custom Fields (you can also make them mandatory)

2. Write out your calculation in a custom script. its not that hard. If you have a logic you can describe, we can help you with the Custom Script. Let us know.

best,
Rushabh

Twitter: @rushabh_mehta

Rushabh Mehta

May 4, 2013, 5:37:02 AM5/4/13
to ERPNext User's Forum

Zel Ortiz

May 5, 2013, 12:49:24 AM5/5/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Actually, I'm not so familiar with the custom script and fields because I am a sales person by profession. I'm also worried that if I do make certain changes, I might mess up the programs/codes already set inside the system and won't be able to return them back into their original state. Hope you understand.

To give you an overview, Our company supplies and installs various telecommunication and security products such as CCTV, access control, wireless broadband products locally. We have External sales people such as freelance agents, sales partners with commissions sometimes not based in rates but on a certain amount. The amount is variable depending on what the company and agent have agreed.

Then we have sales people who's standard commission rate per transaction is 3% on the total, net of taxes(VAT), deductions (such as External sales people's commissions which both the internal and external sales people have worked out together) and discounts given to clients.

[...]

Rushabh Mehta

May 6, 2013, 12:35:57 AM5/6/13
to ERPNext User's Forum
Zel,

Are the rates dependant on the agreed amount, or is it a fixed amount? If its a fixed amount, you can just create a Custom Field and track it for each transaction.

If you can send Umair a document detailing your calculation rules (you don't have to share it on the forum), we will help you out if its easily do-able, or we will ask a partner to help you with the script (I don't think it will cost much, also will help you document / streamline your commission logics!)

best,
Rushabh

Zel Ortiz

May 6, 2013, 12:56:43 AM5/6/13
to erpnext-u...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Actually, for the external sales, both rates and agreed amount are dependent on each other. Sometimes, we have agents who base their commission on rates. We want the system to automatically compute the amount based on the rates given to them. Then sometimes, the agreement is by a fixed amount, we also want to know the exact rate of that amount in relation to the net total(exclusive of taxes and discounts-clients).

Ok. I will send Umair a sample computation for a project we have with both external sales and internal sales commission.