Can't submit items

John Hooks

Aug 25, 2014, 12:18:34 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
When I create a journal entry the system lets me save it, but I can't submit it.  When I click submit I get this:

Error: Document has been modified after you have opened it (2014-08-25 00:16:34, 2014-08-25 00:17:22.418193). Please refresh to get the latest document.
Did not save

I clear the cache and try again, but get the same thing.  It always reports the times as the same also.

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 25, 2014, 3:10:21 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
This usually happens if you have saved it from another page and you do not have a latest copy. But should be fixed once you refresh the document.

Do you have any customizations that could trigger this?

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,

1. ERPNext is a free and open source software and support is given on this forum by a team (https://frappe.io/webnotes). So please consider donating if you find this forum useful (https://frappe.io/buy). Even a small amount would be helpful.
2. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
3. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
4. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/b5679bb4-370b-4f9b-b949-85ffa8e58ef1%40googlegroups.com.

John Hooks

Aug 25, 2014, 8:37:34 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
No I don't have any. I noticed if I click save twice on something like a note that doesn't need submitted I also get the same thing

John Hooks
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/A95B22C6-5B04-4624-9A55-A277D595A65B%40gmail.com.

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 25, 2014, 9:12:45 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
We have fixed the double-click issue in the latest version. Please update

John Hooks

Aug 25, 2014, 9:52:35 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Ok thanks.  Just the bench update --pull ?

Anand Doshi

Aug 25, 2014, 10:16:42 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
bench update

-Anand :)

Sent from my phone

John Hooks

Aug 25, 2014, 10:17:29 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com

John Hooks

Aug 25, 2014, 11:46:45 AM8/25/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I did the update and I still get the error.  I even reverted back to an old backup from last month I have and I still get the error after the update.

Rushabh Mehta

Aug 27, 2014, 12:33:44 AM8/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
John,

I am still unable to get a hang of this. What is your deployment setup? Are you using frappecloud?

Also are you trying to "double-click" by any chance?

best,
Rushabh

@rushabh_mehta

John Hooks

Aug 27, 2014, 1:13:00 AM8/27/14
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Rushabh,
   I have a local installation of very thing. I started out with version 3 and the only thing I can think of is I did something wrong between all of the updates from 3.8 until now. I did a brand new install and everything works fine.  However when I try to use the database that I was using up until about two weeks ago (it was on the new version 4) I get the errors. What I did was just set up a brand new install and set up my accounts and customers and everything. Then I found a good point to break with in my general ledger and started manually adding data from the old one into the new one. I'll jus have two systems or this year which is fine (they're running on a hypervisor).  Thanks for all of your help!

John Hooks

Anand Doshi

Aug 29, 2014, 12:22:38 PM8/29/14
to ERPNext Developer's Forum
Hi John,

Version 4 database is not backwards compatible with Version 3 code. So you can't use ver 4 db in ver 3 code. :(

Could be one of the reasons for the problem you are facing.

-Anand.