install_erpnext.py NameError: global name 'apache_user' is not defined

Joven Chiew

Oct 27, 2013, 9:17:32 AM10/27/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi when I run "python install_erpnext.py" it says:
line 149 in update_config_for_debian modified.write(memcached_conf.replace("-u memcache", "-u %S" % apache_user)) NameError: global name 'apache_user' is not defined.

What is this error about? How do I overcome it?

Pratik Vyas

Oct 28, 2013, 5:16:30 AM10/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joven,

The chaning of user is not required, please try again from the updated
script., https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext/blob/master/install_erpnext.py
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.

Prashant Shendre

Oct 28, 2013, 8:54:58 AM10/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

   I was trying on a CentOS 6.4 machine and got similar error.

  File "install_erpnext.py", line 111, in install_using_yum
    update_config_for_redhat()
  File "install_erpnext.py", line 120, in update_config_for_redhat
    modified.write(re.sub('USER.*', 'USER="%s"' % apache_user,  memcached_conf))

NameError: global name 'apache_user' is not defined

Thanks,
Regards,
Prashant

Pratik Vyas

Oct 28, 2013, 9:18:29 AM10/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Prashant,
removed that part for redhat/centos as well. Please check now.
>> > email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.

Pratik Vyas
Ph: +919925239915
Google Profile : http://www.google.com/profiles/pdvyas

Shameem Mohammed

Oct 28, 2013, 9:39:30 AM10/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi , Pratik ,

I got following error in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

root@erpnext:/var/test# python install_erpnext.py
  File "install_erpnext.py", line 4
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
root@erpnext:/var/test#

Regards

> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Pratik Vyas

Oct 28, 2013, 9:48:22 AM10/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
It looks like your file is bad,
use `wget https://raw.github.com/webnotes/erpnext/master/install_erpnext.py`

Also, if you are runnning ubuntu, please use sudo from a non
privelleged user instead of root shell

`ubuntu$ sudo python install_erpnext.py`

>> > --
>> > Note:
>> >
>> > If you are posting an issue,
>> > 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as
>> > much
>> > information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the
>> > person
>> > receiving the communication.
>> > 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and
>> > send
>> > only the URL via email
>> > 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services.
>> > Do
>> > not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file
>> > you
>> > are going to send.
>> >
>> > End of Note
>> > ---
>> > Groups
>> > "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
>> > an
>> > email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
>>

>> --
>> Pratik Vyas
>> Ph: +919925239915
>> Google Profile : http://www.google.com/profiles/pdvyas
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.

Joven Chiew

Oct 28, 2013, 10:09:01 AM10/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I have error in line 144 "install_python_modules" print python_modules
NameError global name 'python_modules' is not defined.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

CJ

Oct 28, 2013, 10:24:47 AM10/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I double quoted print "python_modules" and bypass it now it says:
line 201 setup_folders "Couldn't clone erpnext repository".

Anand Doshi

Oct 28, 2013, 10:55:48 AM10/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
It means that your app folder couldnt get created.

Either git didnt get installed or github.com is not reachable.

- anand

Shameem Mohammed

Oct 28, 2013, 11:22:48 AM10/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I got the following error

Installing Python Modules: (This may take some time)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install_erpnext.py", line 272, in <module>
    install()
  File "install_erpnext.py", line 30, in install
    install_pre_requisites()
  File "install_erpnext.py", line 50, in install_pre_requisites
    install_python_modules()
  File "install_erpnext.py", line 144, in install_python_modules

    print python_modules
NameError: global name 'python_modules' is not defined

Pratik Vyas

Oct 28, 2013, 3:34:13 PM10/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I tested the script on CentOS 6.4 and Ubuntu 12.04, it is now known to work.

It is not recommended to run erpnext as root. So, you should create a
non privelleged user with sudo access enabled.

I will update the script to create the user as well, soon.
>> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.

CJ

Oct 28, 2013, 7:37:15 PM10/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
The script now run but I still have the "couldn't clone erpnext repository" error.
Ubuntu 12,04 running non privileged user with sudo.

> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

CJ

Oct 28, 2013, 7:38:56 PM10/28/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I have git installed and running ok.

Shameem Mohammed

Oct 29, 2013, 1:57:59 AM10/29/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
I have installed git manually but Couldn't clone erpnext repository

Regards

> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

CJ

Oct 30, 2013, 11:42:59 PM10/30/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Anyone able to get through this stage or any update on the installation script?

Pratik Vyas

Oct 31, 2013, 1:28:23 AM10/31/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi CJ,
I updated the script, can you give it a another shot?

>>> --
>>> Pratik Vyas
>>> Ph: +919925239915
>>> Google Profile : http://www.google.com/profiles/pdvyas
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.

CJ

Oct 31, 2013, 1:36:08 AM10/31/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thanks for helping and let's try to improve this :)
I tried but still having that error cloning repository thing. Can anyone confirm?

>>> --
>>> Pratik Vyas
>>> Ph: +919925239915
>>> Google Profile : http://www.google.com/profiles/pdvyas
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Shameem Mohammed

Oct 31, 2013, 1:42:17 AM10/31/13
to erpnext-developer-forum
Hi CJ ,

I had the same issue . Install Git manually . It will solve the issue

Regards

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Shameem N. Mohammed
Finance  Manager
Malabar Gen. Trdg. L.L.C,
P.O.Box 234478 , Dubai , U.A.E

CJ

Oct 31, 2013, 1:47:06 AM10/31/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shameem, Nice. I am all out to try get ERPNext to install.
I already have GIT installed, so do you mean apt-get remove it and reinstall or you have special instructions?

>>> --
>>> Pratik Vyas
>>> Ph: +919925239915
>>> Google Profile : http://www.google.com/profiles/pdvyas
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Pratik Vyas
Ph: +919925239915
Google Profile : http://www.google.com/profiles/pdvyas

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Shameem Mohammed

Oct 31, 2013, 1:49:20 AM10/31/13
to erpnext-developer-forum
Hi Cj,

Try to re-install it from root user . Hope it will solve your issue

Pratik Vyas

Oct 31, 2013, 1:50:15 AM10/31/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Can you try,

```
cd /tmp
git clone https://github.com/webnotes/erpnext.git
git clone https://github.com/webnotes/wnframework.git
```

My hunch is that it could be ssl certificate issue.

>>> --
>>> Note:
>>>
>>> If you are posting an issue,
>>> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as
>>> much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the
>>> person receiving the communication.
>>> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and
>>> send only the URL via email
>>> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
>>> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
>>> are going to send.
>>>
>>> End of Note
>>> ---
>>> Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/erpnext-developer-forum/nvD9R0KdBsk/unsubscribe.
>>> erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
>>

>> --
>> Shameem N. Mohammed
>> Finance Manager
>> Malabar Gen. Trdg. L.L.C,
>> P.O.Box 234478 , Dubai , U.A.E
>> Tel:+9714 2510788 Fax:+9714 2510789
>>

> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.

CJ

Oct 31, 2013, 1:57:10 AM10/31/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I can clone both into /tmp no issue.

>>> --
>>> Note:
>>>
>>> If you are posting an issue,
>>> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as
>>> much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the
>>> person receiving the communication.
>>> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and
>>> send only the URL via email
>>> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
>>> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
>>> are going to send.
>>>
>>> End of Note
>>> ---
>>> Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
>>> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/erpnext-developer-forum/nvD9R0KdBsk/unsubscribe.
>>

>> --
>> Shameem N. Mohammed
>> Finance  Manager
>> Malabar Gen. Trdg. L.L.C,
>> P.O.Box 234478 , Dubai , U.A.E
>> Tel:+9714 2510788 Fax:+9714 2510789
>>

> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

CJ

Oct 31, 2013, 1:57:48 AM10/31/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Tried still same error...somehow.

Shameem N. Mohammed
Finance  Manager
Malabar Gen. Trdg. L.L.C,
P.O.Box 234478 , Dubai , U.A.E

--
Note:

If you are posting an issue,
1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.

End of Note
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Pratik Vyas

Oct 31, 2013, 2:18:06 AM10/31/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Can you download and try again? I removed the part where it checked
out the wsgi branch.

What you can also do is, remove the exception from the script if you
feel that it's a false alarm (ie, the repositories do get cloned, and
there is some issue in error checking)

Thanks,

>>> erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
>>

>> --
>> Shameem N. Mohammed
>> Finance Manager
>> Malabar Gen. Trdg. L.L.C,
>> P.O.Box 234478 , Dubai , U.A.E
>> Tel:+9714 2510788 Fax:+9714 2510789
>>

> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.

CJ

Oct 31, 2013, 2:33:41 AM10/31/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Same. I also tried removing the exception but the directory did not get clone.
It prompt me "Permission denied /var/www/erpnext/public" so I manually created it.
Then re-run and it prompt me "Permission denied /var/www/erpnext/public/files"...

>> --
>> Shameem N. Mohammed
>> Finance  Manager
>> Malabar Gen. Trdg. L.L.C,
>> P.O.Box 234478 , Dubai , U.A.E
>> Tel:+9714 2510788 Fax:+9714 2510789
>>

> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.

Pratik Vyas

Oct 31, 2013, 2:57:44 AM10/31/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
can you run the script in the home directory?
>> > email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.
>>

>> --
>> Pratik Vyas
>> Ph: +919925239915
>> Google Profile : http://www.google.com/profiles/pdvyas
>
> --
> Note:
>
> If you are posting an issue,
> 1. We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much
> information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person
> receiving the communication.
> 2. Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send
> only the URL via email
> 3. For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do
> not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you
> are going to send.
>
> End of Note
> ---
> "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
> email to erpnext-developer...@googlegroups.com.

CJ

Oct 31, 2013, 4:52:47 AM10/31/13
to erpnext-dev...@googlegroups.com
Great! You are right, it install ok in my home directory.
Thanks!