stm32 nucleoh7

Y Grd

Jan 31, 2021, 3:58:25 AM1/31/21
to embox-devel
Hi - I'm trying to find some help in attempting to use opencv in this stm32 board.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Anton Bondarev

Jan 31, 2021, 8:55:02 AM1/31/21
to embox...@googlegroups.com
Hi, here (https://medium.com/@deryugin.denis/how-to-run-opencv-on-stm32-mcu-b581f42b0766) is an article which describes running OpenCV on STM32746G-Discovery and STM32F769I-Discovery boards. Maybe it will useful for you.

вс, 31 янв. 2021 г. в 11:58, Y Grd <ygrd...@gmail.com>:
Hi - I'm trying to find some help in attempting to use opencv in this stm32 board.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Anton Bondarev

Feb 1, 2021, 9:16:22 AM2/1/21
to Y Grd, embox...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I assumed there would be much more information available on the internet about having a working openCV environment on these stm boards
Unfortunately, it is very hard to run  OpenCV on STM32. Usually, if you ask about it you hear, that is incredible, you should either get more power CPU (with Linux) or don't use OpenCV. It's true. But you can try to run OpenCV with ucLinux or with Embox.

but now the extreme challenge is this board. Do you think this is even possible with our board?
Yes, I think it is hard to do this but possible. And maybe it appears too difficult for classwork. because you have to make more efforts to run OpenCV on this platform than with using a big platform. You can also try to use another then OpenCV tool for face recognition

If you still would wish to do this with OpenCV and STM32H7, I suggest starting with loading Embox on your board. As I see it is https://github.com/embox/embox/wiki/NUCLEO-H743ZI

Regards
Anton

вс, 31 янв. 2021 г. в 23:01, Y Grd <ygrd...@gmail.com>:
Hi Anton - Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate it.

I'm new to this and I assumed there would be much more information available on the internet about having a working openCV environment on these stm boards. My board specifically is a Nucleo - H743ZI2. My friend and I are working on this school project that is supposed to complete facial recognition. We saw so much information on OpenCV and python running everything from your webcam, but now the extreme challenge is this board. Do you think this is even possible with our board?  We both read the page with some information on it but we're still lost on how to proceed or how to start even. I hope you're able to guide us if possible.

Thank you so much!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "embox-devel" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/embox-devel/CALmHynSYC9iE5gUiXGrNdB1KhSbROguitnDvxXdZwTxud5kovQ%40mail.gmail.com.