Combining ELK reasoner with a triple store for reasoning

Ghislain AT

May 31, 2016, 5:54:05 AM5/31/16
to elk-reasoner-discussion
Hi all,

I am trying to use ELK reasoner for an ontology compatible with OWL-EL.
I've just seen in Github the activity of the tool, great news.
I have a small question regarding the combination of ELK with resource in a triple store (e.g., Fuseki [1]) or any triple store out there.

 Is someone has already experiment  combining ELK together with the ontology and data stored in a triple store, even in command line?

How do you think that can be feasible in the integration?

Any pointer would be helpful.

TIA
Best,
Ghislain

Jim Balhoff

May 31, 2016, 9:28:14 AM5/31/16
to elk-reasone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ghislain,

You might be interested in a query expansion tool I developed called Owlet:

You can create a SPARQL query with a class expression literal used in a pattern like this:

?structure rdfs:subClassOf "ao:muscle and (ao:part_of some ao:head)"^^ow:omn .

You can pass this query to Owlet, which will use ELK to replace that triple pattern with a filter:

FILTER(?structure IN (ao:adductor_mandibulae, ao:constrictor_dorsalis))

Then you submit the expanded query to your triple store. There is a limitation that you can’t have variables in the OWL expression. It just queries the reasoner and injects the results into the filter.

It is easy to integrate into applications and with any reasoner. It works well for us, but I am not sure if anyone else has tried it, so if you try it let me know if you run into any problems.

Thanks,
Jim

Ghislain ATEMEZING

May 31, 2016, 10:17:16 AM5/31/16
to elk-reasone...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

Many thanks for your detailed approach. I'll have a look and will let you know.

Best,
Ghislain

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "elk-reasoner-discussion" group.

-------
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" (W. Shakespeare)
Web: http://atemezing.org