Eclim with Neovim

Kannan Rajah

Apr 11, 2015, 9:48:49 PM4/11/15
to ecli...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to try out eclim with neovim to see what incompatibilities are hit. But it seems like eclim is not even getting loaded. For e.g., none of the Eclim commands are getting recognized. Is there some top level check that is done to prevent loading? If so, where is it?

Or do we already know that it won't work for sure?

Kannan Rajah

Apr 15, 2015, 11:14:31 PM4/15/15
to ecli...@googlegroups.com
I had to manually source all the .vim files in order to get the commands to be recognized. There are a few errors while sourcing some scripts, but at least some commands like PingEclim, JavaSearchContext start working. I will investigate more, but let me know if you have inputs.

Eric Van Dewoestine

Apr 20, 2015, 9:59:41 AM4/20/15
to ecli...@googlegroups.com
On 2015-04-12 01:48:48, Kannan Rajah wrote:
> I wanted to try out eclim with neovim to see what incompatibilities are
> hit. But it seems like eclim is not even getting loaded. For e.g., none of
> the Eclim commands are getting recognized.

Is the :EclimValidate command available? That's the one command that
is defined in plugin/eclim.vim and should be created unconditionally.

> Is there some top level check
> that is done to prevent loading? If so, where is it?

plugin/eclim.vim (org.eclim.core/vim/plugin/eclim.vim) will exit early
if the vim version is less than 7, if &compatible is set, or
g:EclimDisabled is enabled. Otherwise it will proceed to update the
runtimepath and source all the plugin files (vim loads the ftplugins
automatically, but at this stage in the load process it won't load the
plugin files).

--
eric

Kannan Rajah

Apr 20, 2015, 2:53:01 PM4/20/15
to ecli...@googlegroups.com
Its weird that it is not loading the .vim/plugin/eclim.vim file. So EclimValidate is not available unless I explicitly source it. It's as if something has changed in the way plugins are loaded in nvim.

Kannan Rajah

Apr 22, 2015, 1:42:12 PM4/22/15
to ecli...@googlegroups.com
I found the problem. We need to have the plugins inside .nvim folder instead of .vim folder. So I created a symlink to .vim and eclim commands are working fine. I am going to play around with being able to do certain operations in the background. First one is when we save a file, loading the markers in a separate thread so that the write is instantaneous. I find this to be very annoying especially when saving large projects or Scala files (Scala compiler is very slow). I will be using this branch for that purpose: https://github.com/rkannan82/eclim/tree/neovim.