DSTK Vagrant download 404ing

Adam Smith

Jul 17, 2015, 2:42:03 PM7/17/15
to dstk-...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone tell me if there's an alternative URL to download the DSTK vagrant box http://static.datasciencetoolkit.org/dstk_0.50.box has been giving me a 404 error for the past week.

Thanks
adam

Adam Smith

Jul 17, 2015, 2:42:47 PM7/17/15
to dstk-...@googlegroups.com, pe...@petewarden.com

Pete, was wondering if you could help.

Ian Cillay

Jul 19, 2015, 5:52:05 PM7/19/15
to dstk-...@googlegroups.com

Adam Smith

Jul 19, 2015, 7:05:37 PM7/19/15
to dstk-...@googlegroups.com
Ian, thanks, that's a huge help.
adam

Pete Warden

Jul 21, 2015, 11:30:04 AM7/21/15
to dstk-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ian for the archive link, and apologies for the 404's. I'm actually transitioning maintenance of the site over to the team at myheatmap.com, since I haven't had time over the last few months to keep up with the outages triggered by heavy API traffic, or find effective ways to rate-limit to avoid the issues.

This won't affect the license, etc of the VM, but I'm hoping the new team will be able to put the time in to keep the API available for normal usage.

Check out Jetpac City Guides iPhone app - Just launched!

CTO Jetpac
Follow me on twitter @petewarden

Aaron Lance

Jul 30, 2015, 8:53:00 AM7/30/15
to dstk-users, pe...@jetpac.com

Thanks for posting the work to begin with. I'm worried some of our programmers contribute to the outages. I'm trying to set up a VM server for them to use instead, but having trouble downloading the .ova to import into Xen, which looks like the best way for us to get it running as a shared resource that doesn't impact the public site.

It looks like the web archive is incomplete (only about 2GB out of 19.8GB), and still 404 on the original site.

Does anyone know of another link?

 - Aaron Lance

Adam Smith

Aug 3, 2015, 3:22:38 AM8/3/15
to dstk-users, pe...@jetpac.com
had the same problem as Aaron, was only able to download the first 2.4GB of the VM. My app's been down since the DSTK API went under and really hoping to get it back up by building this VM for myself on Digital Ocean.

Any tips on where else to download would be really appreciated.

thanks again,
adam

Noah Brod

Oct 20, 2015, 6:40:59 PM10/20/15
to dstk-users, pe...@jetpac.com
Same boat here. Maybe someone who already has the VM would be willing to host a torrent for us?

David Todd

Feb 11, 2016, 10:35:14 AM2/11/16
to dstk-users, pe...@jetpac.com
I just posted this in another thread, but somebody has posted the last dstk box image on their Google Drive.  Discussion can be found on this Github issue:

and the box can be downloaded here:

I can confirm it does indeed work.

Aaron Lance

Feb 11, 2016, 11:16:58 AM2/11/16
to dstk-users, pe...@jetpac.com
Much appreciated. Fortunately, I was able to get the image from a researcher who had already downloaded it, but the Google Drive link will be helpful to others who find this thread. Thank you.

 - Aaron