Add messages in Spanish to JSPUI

Rodrigo Sebastian Hidalgo Avila

Apr 8, 2018, 10:49:42 PM4/8/18
to DSpace Technical Support
I have translated the JSPUI messages.properties file for DSpace version 5.8 into Spanish:
How can I add it and use it?

gonzalo perl

Apr 9, 2018, 4:34:54 AM4/9/18
to DSpace Technical Support
Hello Rodrigo

You have to add the Messages_es.propierties file to [dspace-source] /dspace-api/src/main/resources/ and rebuild dspace.

Regards
Gonzalo

Rodrigo Sebastian Hidalgo Avila

Apr 9, 2018, 2:34:56 PM4/9/18
to DSpace Technical Support
Thank you very much for the information
It helped me a lot!

Claudia Jürgen

Apr 10, 2018, 8:57:46 AM4/10/18
to dspac...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rodrigo,

you should not add it to
[dspace-source]/dspace-api/src/main/resources/
but use the overlay mechanism see
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/Localization+L10n#LocalizationL10n-Wheretoedit.1
and place your file in
[dspace-source]/dspace/modules/jspui/src/main/resources/

As the latest translation to Spanish is 3 years old, it would be greate if you would contribute your 5.8 back to the community see
https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=19006307#InternationalizationSupport(I18nSupport)-ContributingnewLocalizations

Hope this helps

Claudia jürgen

--
Claudia Juergen
Eldorado

Technische Universität Dortmund
Universitätsbibliothek
Vogelpothsweg 76
44227 Dortmund

Tel.: +49 231-755 40 43
Fax: +49 231-755 40 32
claudia...@tu-dortmund.de
www.ub.tu-dortmund.de
Wichtiger Hinweis: Die Information in dieser E-Mail ist vertraulich. Sie ist ausschließlich für den Adressaten bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der für diese E-Mail bestimmte Adressat sein, unterrichten Sie bitte den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Vielen Dank.
Unbeschadet der Korrespondenz per E-Mail, sind unsere Erklärungen ausschließlich final rechtsverbindlich, wenn sie in herkömmlicher Schriftform (mit eigenhändiger Unterschrift) oder durch Übermittlung eines solchen Schriftstücks per Telefax erfolgen.

Important note: The information included in this e-mail is confidential. It is solely intended for the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail please contact the sender and delete this message. Thank you. Without prejudice of e-mail correspondence, our statements are only legally binding when they are made in the conventional written form (with personal signature) or when such documents are sent by fax.

gonzalo santana

Apr 10, 2018, 9:47:03 AM4/10/18
to Claudia Jürgen, rodrigo.m...@gmail.com, DSpace Technical Support
Hello everybody

Yes, sorry, i am wrong, the right directory is [dspace-source]/dspace/modules/jspui/src/main/resources/

You don´t forget add the support to locale language in dspace.cfg

default.locale = es
webui.supported.locales = en, de, es

 Sorry again

Regards
Gonzalo

Message has been deleted

gonzalo santana

Apr 11, 2018, 12:47:28 PM4/11/18
to Rodrigo Sebastian Hidalgo Avila, DSpace Technical Support
In my pc the route is c:/dspace/DSpace-dspace-cris-5.8.0/dspace/modules/jspui/src/main/

Regards
Gonzalo

El mié., 11 abr. 2018 16:16, Rodrigo Sebastian Hidalgo Avila <rodrigo.m...@gmail.com> escribió:
In my dspace the resources folder doesn't exist in the directory [dspace-source]/dspace/modules/jspui/src/main/
What I do?

Rodrigo Sebastian Hidalgo Avila

Apr 12, 2018, 11:18:08 AM4/12/18
to DSpace Technical Support
Thank you very much for the information!
Now I get the dialogues in Spanish, but when I try to upload an item I get the form in English, how can I change it to Spanish?

gonzalo santana

Apr 12, 2018, 12:37:58 PM4/12/18
to Rodrigo Sebastian Hidalgo Avila, DSpace Technical Support
After upload messages.propierties. You have to build dspace to translate it. What is the form you are saying?

Regards
Gonzalo

El jue., 12 abr. 2018 16:18, Rodrigo Sebastian Hidalgo Avila <rodrigo.m...@gmail.com> escribió:
Thank you very much for the information!
Now I get the dialogues in Spanish, but when I try to upload an item I get the form in English, how can I change it to Spanish?

Rodrigo Sebastian Hidalgo Avila

Apr 12, 2018, 1:19:15 PM4/12/18
to DSpace Technical Support
yes, I added the file messages_es, modified the language in dspace.cfg and rebuilt dspace, but this form was not translated into Spanish.
Sin título(2).png

Claudia Jürgen

Apr 13, 2018, 2:55:09 AM4/13/18
to dspac...@googlegroups.com