Adding Hydrophobic layer to Open drop V2

Suryateja J

Jan 17, 2017, 12:15:16 PM1/17/17
to dropbot-dev
Hello!

I am Suryateja from Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity-Paris. I was wondering if someone knows how to add hydrophobic layer to Opendrop V2 kit from Gaudi Labs.

Thank you very much.

Ryan Fobel

Jan 21, 2017, 2:05:51 PM1/21/17
to dropbot-dev

Hi Suyrateja,

I’ve been planning to build an OpenDrop V2 (I actually designed a fork that separates the driving electronics from the passive DMF electrode array). Unfortunately, I haven’t tried playing around with many hydrophobic films. Urs has some really nice videos on Youtube (linked from the OpenDrop page) describing his process.

I’ve also started a wiki page with some useful links on DMF device fabrication. If anyone is interested, please feel free to contribute there.

-Ryan

Mani Sai Suryateja Jammalamadaka

Jan 22, 2017, 11:40:01 AM1/22/17
to dropb...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ryan!

Thanks for letting me know. I will have a look at them.

Regards,
Surya.

Mani Sai Suryateja Jammalamadaka,
Master Intern at Ladhyx, Ecole Polytechnique,
Master 2 student, Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity-Paris.
Linkedin