Example Device Design

Brian Bender

Sep 9, 2014, 6:42:49 PM9/9/14
to dropb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is an Autocad version of the example device design (with contact pads, wires, etc.) available anywhere? I'd love a drawing I could start with and modify that already has some correct spacings (contact pads/etc.) to get some masks made and start fabricating.

Thank you,
Brian

Ryan Fobel

Sep 10, 2014, 4:08:47 PM9/10/14
to dropb...@googlegroups.com
I've attached the DXF file of our generic 90-channel device (can be
opened in Autocad or Inkscape). The second attachment (the one with no
extension) can be opened in Microdrop from the "File/Device/Load"
menu.

-Ryan
> --
DMF-90-pin-array.dxf

Mindy Simon

Feb 5, 2015, 3:18:10 PM2/5/15
to dropb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

I just printed out a mask I designed using the spacing on this layout and it doesn't appear to line up exactly with the pogo pins on the DropBot. In the dxf above, the pitch between the contact pads on the left (P1) and right (P1) is 61 mm by my measurement; this pitch measured on the pogo pin connector board is more like 64 mm.  Small difference but it causes half the electrodes to not line up with pogo pins. The other dimensions seem to be fine.

Is it possible that the file you posted be from an earlier version of the hardware, or are my measuring skills lacking?  :)

Thanks,
Mindy

Ryan Fobel

Feb 5, 2015, 3:52:43 PM2/5/15
to dropb...@googlegroups.com
You're right, that mask was originally designed for an old connector.
It's slightly asymmetric and it may not line up perfectly, but that's
the mask we're still using and I can't say I've noticed any problems;
sorry if it's causing you problems!

-Ryan

Dino Chan

Apr 2, 2015, 8:18:03 AM4/2/15
to dropb...@googlegroups.com
I have re change the design to 63.5mm

you can see the attachment.
Bio Chip 63.5mm Ledit v8.tdb
Bio Chip 63.5mm.dxf
Bio Chip 63.5mm Mask A.pdf
Bio Chip 63.5mm Mask B.pdf

Josh Heinemann

Sep 3, 2015, 4:53:41 PM9/3/15
to dropbot-dev
Thanks Dino

dorothy silverman

Sep 16, 2015, 7:17:22 PM9/16/15
to dropbot-dev
Just letting you know, the pdf's for your chip aren't the correct size. Much larger than the pogo pin connector.

Josh Heinemann

Sep 17, 2015, 12:24:46 AM9/17/15
to dropb...@googlegroups.com
Good to know, thank you Dorothy.  Do you have a correct file you would be willing to share per chance?  I would greatly appreciate it.

dorothy silverman

Sep 17, 2015, 1:24:01 AM9/17/15
to dropb...@googlegroups.com
Yes I do! Will post it hopefully tomorrow or friday.

dorothy silverman

Sep 19, 2015, 2:27:19 PM9/19/15
to dropbot-dev
Here's the resized DropBot pin connector Josh.

DMF-90-pin-array.png

Josh Heinemann

Sep 19, 2015, 2:28:03 PM9/19/15
to dropb...@googlegroups.com