Hi, I am learning Django, I am stuck at one place and can't over come after many days

Leo guitar girl

Jan 16, 2022, 9:43:17 AM1/16/22
to Django users

Environment:

Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/otp/

Django Version: 4.0.1
Python Version: 3.9.9
Installed Applications:
['django.contrib.admin',
 'django.contrib.auth',
 'django.contrib.contenttypes',
 'django.contrib.sessions',
 'django.contrib.messages',
 'django.contrib.staticfiles',
 'myapp']
Installed Middleware:
['django.middleware.security.SecurityMiddleware',
 'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
 'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
 'django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware',
 'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
 'django.contrib.messages.middleware.MessageMiddleware',
 'django.middleware.clickjacking.XFrameOptionsMiddleware']

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\jarry\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python39\site-packages\django\utils\datastructures.py", line 83, in __getitem__
    list_ = super().__getitem__(key)

During handling of the above exception ('email'), another exception occurred:
  File "C:\Users\jarry\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python39\site-packages\django\core\handlers\exception.py", line 47, in inner
    response = get_response(request)
  File "C:\Users\jarry\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python39\site-packages\django\core\handlers\base.py", line 181, in _get_response
    response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jarry\PycharmProjects\JobPortal\myapp\views.py", line 45, in OTPverify
    email = request.POST['email']
  File "C:\Users\jarry\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python39\site-packages\django\utils\datastructures.py", line 85, in __getitem__
    raise MultiValueDictKeyError(key)

Exception Type: MultiValueDictKeyError at /otp/
Exception Value: 'email'

This is the error I am getting at OTP verification step. Please guide me where I am wrong.

Thank You so much

Kasper Laudrup

Jan 16, 2022, 3:15:50 PM1/16/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 16/01/2022 11.03, Leo guitar girl wrote:

> *This is the error I am getting at OTP verification step. Please guide
> me where I am wrong. *
> *

No one here would have any idea what "OTP verification step" you are
talking about.

You haven't written anything about what you are trying to achieve or
shared any relevant code so it's close to impossible for anyone to help you.

So your first step would be to learn how to ask questions in general.
Consider reading something like this:

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup
OpenPGP_0xE5D9CAC64AAA55EB.asc
OpenPGP_signature

Leo guitar girl

Jan 17, 2022, 10:32:14 PM1/17/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I apologize. I had pasted the error code here don't know why it was not sent.
Actually, I am trying to create a job portal by seeing a tutorial. Now I am at the step of verifying OTP. OTP is generated successfully in the database. But when I enter it to the textbox and submit, it shows this error

image.png

Please Note: I am getting the submitted email from the database and showing it at the OTP verify page in a read-only field.

Here is the Copy Paste view also of the error message

Environment:

Request Method: POST
  File "C:\Users\jarry\PycharmProjects\JobPortal\myapp\views.py", line 46, in OTPverify

    email = request.POST['email']
  File "C:\Users\jarry\AppData\Local\Packages\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_qbz5n2kfra8p0\LocalCache\local-packages\Python39\site-packages\django\utils\datastructures.py", line 85, in __getitem__
    raise MultiValueDictKeyError(key)

Exception Type: MultiValueDictKeyError at /otp/
Exception Value: 'email'

Thank You for your support.

Kasper Laudrup

Jan 18, 2022, 5:21:30 AM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
On 18/01/2022 04.31, Leo guitar girl wrote:
> Oh, I apologize. I had pasted the error code here don't know why it was
> not sent.
> Actually, I am trying to create a job portal by seeing a tutorial. Now I
> am at the step of verifying OTP. OTP is generated successfully in the
> database. But when I enter it to the textbox and submit, it shows this error

Which tutorial are you following?

What's in the views.py file that is causing the error?

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup
OpenPGP_0xE5D9CAC64AAA55EB.asc
OpenPGP_signature

Leo guitar girl

Jan 18, 2022, 9:50:37 AM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
I am following the tutorial from LearnVern.com

https://www.learnvern.com/python-tutorial-django/project-implementation-part2

I have followed ditto as taught in the tutorial but the trainer has no issue and I have this issue.

I am sharing the views.py code also

from django.shortcuts import render
from .models import *
from random import randint

# Create your views here.

def Index(request):
return render(request, 'myapp/index.html')

def SignupPage(request):
return render(request, 'myapp/signup.html')

def RegisterUser(request):
if request.POST['role'] == "Candidate":
role = request.POST['role'] # Master Table Field
fname = request.POST['fname'] # Candidate Table Field
lname = request.POST['lname'] # Candidate Table Field
email = request.POST['email'] # Master Table Field
password = request.POST['password'] # Master Table Field
cpassword = request.POST['cpassword']

user = UserMaster.objects.filter(email=email)

if user:
message = "User already Exist"
return render(request, "myapp/signup.html", {'msg': message})
else:
if password == cpassword:
otp = randint(100000, 999999)
newuser = UserMaster.objects.create(role=role, otp=otp, email=email, password=password)
newcand = Candidate.objects.create(user_id=newuser, firstname=fname, lastname=lname)
return render(request, "myapp/otpverify.html", {'email': email})
else:
print("Company Registration")

def OTPpage(request):
return render(request, "myapp/otpverify.html")

def OTPverify(request):
if request.method == 'POST':
email = request.POST['email']
otp = request.POST['otp']

user = UserMaster.objects.get(email=email)

if user:
if user.otp == otp:
message = "OTP Verified Successfully!!!!!"
return render(request, "myapp/login.html", {'msg': message})
else:
message = "OTP is incorrect"
return render(request, "myapp/otpverify.html", {'msg': message})
else:
return render(request, "myapp/signup.html")

Vkash Poudel

Jan 18, 2022, 11:00:41 AM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
first of what did you use to generate otp. If you've used pyotp libraries then you can verify otp in simple step and the documentation is good in pyotp.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAN6g9JZG-4VbKFDOJtWg3rMWY4i23Gh%2Bga3PfKxYBmVMR38ayw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Best Regards,
Bikash Poudel

Bernard Mallala

Jan 18, 2022, 12:09:20 PM1/18/22
to Django users

In your model, be sure to address defaults and required values such that something is passed or be user to validate.

Replace
request.POST['']

With
request.POST.get('')

For example request.POST['otp']
request.POST.get['otp']

Abubakar Siddique

Jan 18, 2022, 12:42:41 PM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Hope you are well

Did you successfully find the bug or not

here is my whatsapp number
You can contact here
923158090326

Thanks

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAN6g9JZ26XSF%3DtQp6%2BXrwx1Av0JV%2BJsUsfkga1mnFtiBumUu8A%40mail.gmail.com.

Jasur Suyunov

Jan 18, 2022, 12:42:49 PM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello my friend

Sesh, 18-yan, 2022, 7:50 TK Leo guitar girl <mansarim...@gmail.com>:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAN6g9JZG-4VbKFDOJtWg3rMWY4i23Gh%2Bga3PfKxYBmVMR38ayw%40mail.gmail.com.

Leo guitar girl

Jan 18, 2022, 2:32:53 PM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
I have changed the code as you suggested.

def OTPverify(request):
if request.method == 'POST':
        email = request.POST.get['email']
otp = request.POST.get['otp']

But now it gives another error,

image.png

Leo guitar girl

Jan 18, 2022, 2:35:44 PM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
I have not used any library. I have done manual OTP verification by using Rand library as told in the tutorial.

Vkash Poudel

Jan 18, 2022, 11:54:47 PM1/18/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
can we connect via email so that i can share my codes regarding Time basis OTP Generation and OTP Verification and activate user's account using pyotp.

Leo guitar girl

Jan 20, 2022, 1:28:45 AM1/20/22
to django...@googlegroups.com

Leo guitar girl

Jan 20, 2022, 1:29:17 AM1/20/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
I have sent you an invitation

Kabir

Jan 21, 2022, 10:06:02 AM1/21/22
to Django users
How to we use views.py to send data to index.html?

Lakshyaraj Dash X-D 25

Jan 21, 2022, 10:17:32 AM1/21/22
to django...@googlegroups.com
You can send the data through a dictionary or you can use json response and fetch the json response through javascript.