need help integrating SSL with react/django web app

John McClain

May 8, 2021, 4:35:47 AM5/8/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am having difficulties connecting SSL to my React/Python webapp

I am trying to integrate the PWA and am having difficulties getting the SSL to adopt to the app.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Cheers

--
John McClain

Cell: 085-1977-823
Skype: jmcclain0129

Ammar Mohammed

May 8, 2021, 5:16:09 AM5/8/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
I think you're supposed to install the certificate in your web server (Nginx, Apache).
Follow the manual to install it to your server and everything will be fine.

Ammar Mohammed

May 8, 2021, 5:17:27 AM5/8/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
I am using Nginx as a proxy for my Django app and this method is working just fine.

John McClain

May 8, 2021, 9:05:37 AM5/8/21
to Django users
i recently configured nginx, it wasn't part of the stack initially. I will try and work through it. I broke down and actually bought a cert so hopefully, it will solve the problems

thanks for your feedback

John McClain

May 9, 2021, 2:51:25 PM5/9/21
to django...@googlegroups.com, Dvs Khamele
Hello Ammar,

we're stuck, have been for days

We have nginx set in ec2 instance but cannot get the ssl to slip in.

I copied in Divy who is also working to get this solved

any help would be appreciated

can you help me with this or provide any documentation

hey there

Sep 17, 2021, 4:55:45 PM9/17/21
to Django users
hi

i am also stuck

hey there

Sep 17, 2021, 5:11:54 PM9/17/21
to django...@googlegroups.com

python 3.2.6
django 3.2.7
cx_oracle 8

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Django users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/1c48904e-41b0-4959-8daf-6926f7b95652n%40googlegroups.com.

MR INDIA

Sep 18, 2021, 9:47:21 AM9/18/21
to Django users
See this
https://certbot.eff.org/lets-encrypt/ubuntufocal-nginx Use letsencrypt if you have shell access

hey there

Sep 18, 2021, 10:03:31 AM9/18/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
hey

I am with Cloudflare ssl with httpd autonomous linux with mos_wsgi.
foe Django you need mod_wsgi with all which is tricky.

MR INDIA

Sep 19, 2021, 10:44:21 AM9/19/21
to Django users
Select os and server and it will show the docs, you have to first shutdown the server then after following the docs restart the server.

FIRDOUS BHAT

Sep 20, 2021, 5:07:07 AM9/20/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
Why don't you explore certbot?

hey there

Sep 20, 2021, 12:11:32 PM9/20/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
1. oracle autonomous linux's epl dont have certbot
and
2.  I mostly like Cloudflare than certbot because Cloudflare has some own methods to maintain ssl certificate

David Nugent

Sep 20, 2021, 6:53:42 PM9/20/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 2:11 AM hey there <c.say...@gmail.com> wrote:
1. oracle autonomous linux's epl dont have certbot

pip install certbot
You already have pip installed if you're running Django. This takes all of 10-15 seconds...

and
2.  I mostly like Cloudflare than certbot because Cloudflare has some own methods to maintain ssl certificate

In your crontab:

30 03 01 * * /path/to/certbot renew

Change time and/or date as appropriate - zero cost, fully automated SSL certificate updates. Certbot is pretty cool when it comes to detecting certs that require updating.

Not too difficult, right?

Regards, David

hey there

Sep 21, 2021, 3:39:24 PM9/21/21
to django...@googlegroups.com
hi

I don't want to deep analysis of how can Cloudflare bring more preferred than normal cartbot but most likely it is the way it is built. it proxied connections offer tls /mtls edge certificate etc. which is known to us all but it is also there that it maintains its own CA and CA record underneath to maintain transparency. hope I am clear now. so why not?

let me know if you have any good solution with Cloudflare that helps.