How to use modeltranslation?

Skip to the first unread message

Josh Karamuth

23 Oct 2020, 08:11:2323/10/2020
to django-oscar

I'm trying to translate products and categories using modeltranslation but I can't figure out how to set it up.

I forked the catalogue app and created translation.py inside the ecommerce (directory to hold my forks) directory with the following contents:

from modeltranslation.translator import translator, TranslationOptions

from oscar.apps.catalogue.abstract_models import AbstractProduct

class AbstractProductTranslationOptions(TranslationOptions):
fields = ("title", "slug", "description")

translator.register(AbstractProduct, AbstractProductTranslationOptions)

I then add ecommerce.catalogue.apps.CatalogueConfig to INSTALLED_APPS and remove oscar.apps.catalogue.apps.CatalogueConfig

But when I run migrations, nothing happens.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Josh Karamuth

23 Oct 2020, 08:23:1723/10/2020
to django-oscar
Ok I figured it out. I needed to import Product from oscar.apps.catalogue.models instead of AbstractProduct

Farid Musa

25 Feb 2021, 07:41:0825/02/2021
to django-oscar
Hi!,
Did you handle the translatable fields on the dashboard? The "modeltranslation" package integrates to django-admin seamlessly. Is there a way to do something similar with the django-oscar dashboard?
Thank you in advance!

Josh Karamuth

25 Feb 2021, 10:52:5925/02/2021
to django...@googlegroups.com
You have to modify dashboard templates to add translated fields

--
https://github.com/django-oscar/django-oscar
http://django-oscar.readthedocs.org/en/latest/