Dataset constituents in dataverse

van...@drtc.isibang.ac.in

Feb 8, 2017, 2:17:46 AM2/8/17
to Dataverse Users Community
In dataverse we have datasets and the datasets consists of datafiles, documentation, metadata, licences and code. So, what is code and documentation? and what is the difference between datafiles and documentation?

Philip Durbin

Feb 8, 2017, 7:20:51 AM2/8/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Probably the main thing to understand is that you can upload *any* arbitrary file to Dataverse. Once the files have been uploaded you can optionally put a tag on each file indicating that the file is documentation (i.e. a README) or code (i.e. a Python script). An example of a data file is an Excel spreadsheet.

I hope this helps,

Phli

Kumari Vandana