Downloading Survey of India topos (Open Series)

Sharad Lele

May 20, 2021, 10:50:44 PM5/20/21
to datameet
I thought SOI had put out topos for all of India in the Open Series for public download.
But when I visit this page:
I find many states are missing in the list: Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Jharkhand, etc.

And when I visit the download page

I am unable to register as a new user (no OTP forthcoming) to download even what exists (assuming the two pages are talking about the same thing).

What is the experience of other users? Am I looking at the wrong pages!

Sharad

Sharad Lele

Jun 24, 2021, 10:26:10 PM6/24/21
to datameet
Hi folks, no help from anyone on this?
Has anyone tried registering recently? https://soinakshe.uk.gov.in/mtr/Manchitra_MTR.aspx

H. S. Sudhira

Jun 25, 2021, 12:36:14 AM6/25/21
to datameet
Hi Sharad,

When they had opened this up, I remember to have registered and logged in. But now, it is not working and says my mobile number is not registered.

Regards,
Sudhira.

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Sharad Lele

Jun 25, 2021, 1:47:21 AM6/25/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
And one cannot register afresh. OTP never comes

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "datameet" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datameet/CALhej%3Dkfp3vH-uZMybp52-rmX%3D%3DKHBAnSyKM0mrToQzr2XQA5g%40mail.gmail.com.

Upasana

Jun 29, 2021, 10:35:00 PM6/29/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Never faced any problem downloading toposheets. The only downside being you can download only 3 sheets in a day, so that's somewhat of a problem. but otherwise the process is a little simpler than earlier. Now they only require your mobile no.

With regards
Upasana

On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 at 07:56, Sharad Lele <shara...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sharad Lele

Jun 30, 2021, 12:00:41 AM6/30/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
When did you register as a user on the portal? I and Sudhira simply cannot register now.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "datameet" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/datameet/CAHKpg72xaf2YrPUzLaTfyTSCN2uEkvBgOXpxo5%2B3Ni1oAMvK9Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Anil Dandekar

Jun 30, 2021, 1:42:31 AM6/30/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
I talked to SOI about the registration and OTP issue for SOINAKSHE,  over the phone and they told me that they have stopped the registration now and in another 10-15 days, they will be launching the new website.
thank you
Dr. Anilkumar T Dandekar
Associate Professor of Agricultural Engineering
in Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
Dept Of Agricultural Engineering,
College of Agriculture,
VC Farm, Mandya-571405

Upasana

Jun 30, 2021, 8:46:04 PM6/30/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Just downloaded i think 2 weeks back

Aaditya Raj Bhattarai 003

Jul 2, 2021, 12:16:19 AM7/2/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Does SOI provide maps to people outside India?

Naveen Francis

Aug 19, 2021, 12:04:47 AM8/19/21
to datameet
Hello Sharad,

SOI nakshe is replaced with new web.

Earlier to obtain a map from SOI, user had to register through the Aadhar card followed by old business rules and procedures like manual filling of forms and uploading, licensing agreement with user and approved by SOI. Over all the process was time consuming and difficult for users.
Thanks,
naveenpf

Sharad Lele (शरच्चंद्र लेले)

Aug 19, 2021, 7:28:46 AM8/19/21
to data...@googlegroups.com, Naveen Francis

Thanks a lot, Naveen!

I did manage to create a login ID and did manage to download some OSM toposheets. So that is good, although they only allow one topo at a time and make you jump various hoops...

I also noticed that they are really SELLING a lot of stuff at VERY EXPENSIVE PRICES... Village boundary shapefile for ONE DISTRICT costs 7,500 Rupees! Such a crime, actually....

Anyway...so it goes, unless someone wants to file a PIL!

Sharad

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Mohan zade

Aug 20, 2021, 9:44:21 AM8/20/21
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hello All

Fanatics web site by SOI to download the OSM toposheet. After registering with your mobile number now.