CubesViewer Studio server login?

tenyearsgone

Dec 10, 2017, 7:21:14 PM12/10/17
to Cubes
Sorry if this is a dumb question but...
Followed the instructions here https://github.com/jjmontesl/cubesviewer/blob/master/doc/guide/cubesviewer-server-installation.md
but at step 5 the "syncdb" argument has been replaced with 'migrate' and I did not get prompted for a user/password.
It seems to run fine but I am greeted with a CubesViewer Studio Server Login page. What is the username password? how where do I set it? Nothing in the doc I can see.

According to the doc if I am using sqllite I dont need a username and password - I haven't set this anywhere and I am not sure where to set it.
The setting file has 'ADMINS' and a 'username' but this has no password option?

 Can someone help?

tenyearsgone

Dec 11, 2017, 1:58:15 PM12/11/17
to Cubes
The simple answer is to use the manage.py createsuperuser tool.
The lack of response to any questions here by the cubes and cubes viewer people kind of indicates these projects are dead

Кирилл Марчук

Jul 9, 2018, 9:52:13 AM7/9/18
to Cubes
Hi!

Did you find any alternative?

José Juan Montes

Dec 23, 2018, 8:51:03 AM12/23/18
to cubes-...@googlegroups.com

Re "The lack of response to any questions here by the cubes and cubes viewer people kind of indicates these projects are dead".

Friendly reminder, there is no "CubesViewer people". It's just me. I do try to keep up with pull requests, but please feel to send fixes to the documentation or the code. In fact, you very well responded the OP question,thank you :).

I'm currently working on CubETL, a tool that understands OLAP, generates Cubes models, SQL schemas, and moves data across. I'll update this list when I have some time.

I'll give a push to CubesViewer too when I'm finished, but development is in my spare time and hence slow, and as mentioned in a previous post, this is not a commercially maintained project ;-).

Jose Juan Montes

Geoffrey Hay

Jan 6, 2019, 2:31:27 PM1/6/19
to cubes-...@googlegroups.com

I think this is a cool project and I’d like to see it move forward.

I’m very interested in CubETL. I have had a quick look already. A quick start guide would really help.

This message and all attachments transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if you have received it in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it from your system. Any disclosure, use, copy or dissemination, even partial, of this message is prohibited and you are obligated to respect the confidentiality of the information. Since the integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, VetSouth cannot therefore be considered liable for its content.