CorsixTH 0.60

Stephen E. Baker

Mar 30, 2016, 8:53:02 AM3/30/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
It's about time we started to plan for the next version of CorsixTH.

I have drafted some release notes in GitHub:
https://github.com/CorsixTH/CorsixTH/releases/tag/untagged-5d15d44cfcb50042c979

If anyone would like to look them over, I would appreciate suggestions
on wording or any items I may have missed.

I am in the process of building new versions of all the windows
dependencies with Visual Studio 2015. I don't have a time line, but
assuming there's no hiccups or pressing family matters I'm looking at
this weekend to tag beta 1 and post the Windows build. If building with
OSX is now viable let me know so we can include the OSX build as well.

As for the release plan, I think 0.50 went well so I'm proposing
something similar:

After beta 1 there is no code freeze, only dependencies will be frozen
so that packagers can use a consistent build environment.
Beta 2 will follow beta 1 after a 2 week window. With Beta 2 we will
enter feature/string freeze, which means that only bug fixes and
translation updates will be merged.
2 weeks following Beta 2 will be RC1. After RC1 only regressions (bugs
that did not occur in 0.50) and game breaking bugs will be merged.
There will be a subsequent RC weekly or every other week until
contribution slows down and/or we are confident in the release.

Stephen E. Baker

Grimdoc

Mar 30, 2016, 1:04:47 PM3/30/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good.
I get a 404 on the link.

Stephen E. Baker

Jørgen Tjernø

Mar 30, 2016, 1:19:13 PM3/30/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
You might need to sign in to GitHub -- it works here, but not if I'm signed out.
--
Kind regards,
Jørgen.

Stephen E. Baker

Mar 30, 2016, 1:23:10 PM3/30/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
Since it's a draft release it probably only works for owners and
possibly "contributors". I'll copy the wording here:

**Note: CorsixTH 0.50 requires the [Visual Studio 2015
Redistributable](https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145)
which is not included in the installer. This is not the same version
that was required for CorsixTH 0.50**

## Highlights from this release include:
* User campaigns - It is now possible to create a series of levels that
play together just like the original game.
* In game map editor - A new map editor is available, directly from
within the game menu.
* Drug price impact - Patients will now react to the price you set for
treatments. If treatments cost too much patients will opt to go home
instead and this can affect your reputation.
* Variable spawn rate - The spawn rate will now take into account your
hospitals reputation (after a date set in the level file.)
* Machines smoke is now visible when machines are close to worn out.
* Right clicking the timer is now supported like in the original game
for moving to affected patients - See issue #882 for details.
* Numpad support - The number pad can now be used to move around the map
when numlock is off, or to type numbers when numlock is on, without side
effects.
* The MP3 folder can now be unset from within the game. Previously after
setting an mp3 folder it could only be removed by editing the config
file by hand.
* Uses the proper cursor for resizing rooms

## Notable bug fixes:
* Free build mode is now truly free - rooms use to cost money in this mode.
* In game movies will now work correctly on more hardware.
* Sound effects are no longer played when sound is disabled.
* VIP rewards have been tweaked to closer match expectations when the
impression is mediocre.
> <mailto:corsix-th-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
>

> --
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Jørgen. --

Stephen E. Baker

Apr 1, 2016, 10:12:52 AM4/1/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
CorsixTH 0.60-beta1 is now available with Windows and OSX binaries
(thanks Tobylane).

Get it here (https://github.com/CorsixTH/CorsixTH/releases/tag/v0.60-beta1)

Let me know how it works for you. If it works ok for the people that
read this mailing list I'll push the message out on social media.

Adam D.

Apr 2, 2016, 7:05:32 AM4/2/16
to CorsixTH Development
OS X build does not work (tested OS X 10.11.4). A cursory glance at the problem report looks like there's an issue with the libraries, possibly SDL/SDL_mixer. Has there been any code changes to the OS X build process? Last I checked some work was needed to update/fix things after the move to SDL2 and other changes.

Unfortunately I don't have a huge amount of time at the moment, but I'll try to take a look into it soon. If anyone else would like to step in to make the changes, please feel free.

--Adam

Edvin Linge

Apr 2, 2016, 10:00:38 AM4/2/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
The Windows installer works fine. One thing I did notice was the License agreement year (-2015). Should we update this to 2016?

Edvin Linge

Apr 2, 2016, 10:15:54 AM4/2/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
By the way, would we like the installer to detect whether the redistributable package is installed or not? Not that we supply it ourselves, but just to let it remind you that you might need it?

Edvin Linge

Apr 2, 2016, 10:45:34 AM4/2/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I'm answering myself all the time, but I found one thing: There are no custom campaigns included. We need to add the "Campaigns" folder to the installer script.
I'm not at home right now, which is why I don't just do a pull request myself...

/Edvin

Stephen Baker

Apr 17, 2016, 8:16:44 PM4/17/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
CorsixTH 0.60 beta 2 is now released. We are now entering string and
feature freeze - the focus should be on translations and bug fixes now.

In the past SimplyRyan had a system for working with translators that
seemed to be very effective.

Stephen E. Baker

Stephen Baker

May 1, 2016, 7:37:53 PM5/1/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
CorsixTH 0.60-rc1 has now been released, which means that only
regressions (since 0.50) and game breaking bugs (e.g. crashes) should be
the target of any fixes now.

I am still worried about the lack of translations that have been done
for this release. Otherwise I think we are on track.

Stephen E. Baker

Ryan Dean

May 15, 2016, 11:22:39 AM5/15/16
to CorsixTH Development
Good to see 0.60 is so close to release. I've been quite busy the last couple of months but should be able to devote some time to trying to get translations back on track.

Viandante

May 24, 2016, 8:18:19 PM5/24/16
to CorsixTH Development
Hello everyone,
I translated some of the italian strings a couple of years ago and I could come back and work on the new ones. Just need a few days to settle a few personal matters and I'll try to help again.
Expect a pull request by next week!

Stephen E. Baker

May 25, 2016, 1:29:18 PM5/25/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
Unless there is another patch for a serious bug or regression submitted
in the next few days 0.60 will be released this weekend.

That said, if you can't make this weekend it would still be worth
updating the translation for the next version.

Stephen E. Baker

Giordano

May 25, 2016, 3:29:20 PM5/25/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I actually had some free time and I got a bit carried away soooo... I already have the translation done, plus I corrected some minor things in the old ones.
I'll recheck before the weekend and send a pull request as soon as I'm done.

There were a lot of missing strings, I'd like to have them up for the next release.

Stephen E. Baker

May 25, 2016, 4:30:25 PM5/25/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
Excellent!
> <mailto:corsix-th-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:corsix-th-de...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:corsix-th-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.

Stephen E. Baker

May 25, 2016, 4:43:23 PM5/25/16
to corsix...@googlegroups.com
Speaking of translations, I see someone in the forums made a new Chinese
translation for CorsixTH 0.60. Unfortunately the author didn't mention a
number of important things in their forum post, and I can't seem to get
my password reset email from the forums in order to ask them about it;
if someone with access to the forums could follow up:

1. They don't say whether or not we can add it to the game
2. They made a brand new translation instead of expanding upon the
existing Chinese translations, which will make conflict resolution tricky.
3. They didn't state whether it's traditional or simplified Chinese.
4. The language header they used in their translation isn't correct. It
shouldn't claim to be "en" / "eng"
5. It would be better to Inherit "english" than "original_strings".
6. They didn't change the copyright header on the file; it should be in
their name unless they really mean to assign it to Edvin and Manuel.