Exit form when keyword triggered

Nishant Kishore

Feb 19, 2014, 5:42:37 PM2/19/14
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I wanted to see if anybody had any experience with this. I currently have users accessing forms through a number of keywords. I know I can make it so that if a user enters a certain keyword (like MAIN MENU) it will be recognized whether they are in a form or not. How could I make it so that when this happens they also exit the form allowing them to access other forms?

Best,

Nishant

Nishant Kishore

Feb 19, 2014, 5:43:52 PM2/19/14
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
I know #stop does this, can you give this ability to another keyword?

Sheel Shah

Feb 21, 2014, 11:53:20 AM2/21/14
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nishant,

When configuring a keyword, there should be an option titled "Override Open SMS Surveys".  This means that the keyword will be triggered, even if the user is already within another survey.

For example, if you want MainMenu to always work, you can set that keyword to "Override Open SMS Surveys".

Thanks,
Sheel

Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi
m: +1.781.428.5419 | skype: sheel_shah

Nishant Kishore

Feb 21, 2014, 11:58:35 AM2/21/14
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sheel,

Thanks for the response. Even though this overrides the form that the user is in currently, does it exit them out of it if its only an SMS response keyword? For example INFO sends them to the "main menu" SMS in our case, but if it doesn't execute a form. Doesn't the next response that the user sends go back in the form that they were in before they send INFO?

Best,

Nish

Nishant Kishore
Health Sector 3rd Year Extension
ChatSalud - Project Lead
Peace Corps - Nicaragua
nish.k...@gmail.com
M: +50587110910
Skype: nishant.kishore

Sheel Shah

Feb 21, 2014, 12:57:23 PM2/21/14
to commcar...@googlegroups.com, Giovanni Capalbo
I believe it should exit the form completely, even if INFO sends an SMS.  Is this not what you're seeing?

Nishant Kishore

Feb 21, 2014, 12:59:53 PM2/21/14
to commcare-users, Giovanni Capalbo
I'll run a few rounds of tests and get back to you.

Nishant Kishore

Feb 21, 2014, 1:15:19 PM2/21/14
to commcare-users, Giovanni Capalbo
So, no that is not what I'm seeing. I'm in a form and I send INFO. This sends me to the "main menu" SMS message but I'm still only able to respond to the form that I was in.

Sheel Shah

Feb 21, 2014, 1:24:12 PM2/21/14
to commcar...@googlegroups.com, Giovanni Capalbo
Thanks Nishant, Can you Report an Issue from your project and we'll review this as a bug in the system.

As a workaround (for now), you can create a form that just has a label with the text you need for the INFO keyword.  Then, instead of setting up the INFO keyword to send an SMS message, you can set it up to send that form with the label.

Sheel

Nishant Kishore

Feb 21, 2014, 1:26:18 PM2/21/14
to commcare-users, Giovanni Capalbo
Definitely, thanks and great workaround idea!