Case sharing by module

Mourice Barasa

Jan 16, 2014, 8:14:28 AM1/16/14
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Is there a way to specify case sharing for different groups by module? I would with users to only share cases for a specific case type. Is there anyone who has done this before or is this an existing feature on CommCare?

Regards

Clayton Sims

Jan 17, 2014, 5:16:49 AM1/17/14
to commcare-users
Mourice,

Unfortunately we don't support this use case out of the box easily on the app builder.

However, you can configure this manually by specifying the "owner_id" property for new cases which you don't want to share to be set to the id of the current user (defined in the form as a hidden value) in the normal case property configuration screen. That will result in those cases not being shared.

You can retrieve the value of the current user id inside the form by setting its calculated value to be

instance('commcaresession')/session/context/userid

Regards,
-Clayton

Mourice Barasa

Jan 18, 2014, 12:25:15 PM1/18/14
to commcar...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Clayton.  This may work to sort out the challenge of case sharing.  My only issue is that the form leads to different outcomes which would lead to different child cases to be formed bases on the response. Example is if its a live birth then a new child and a postnatal mother is created which should be under this CHW.  If the mother dies then a verbal autopsy is meant to be opened but this is the only one that needs to be completed by someone else.  Any advice how I can set this up will be appreciated.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "commcare-users" group.

Clayton Sims

Jan 20, 2014, 6:20:05 AM1/20/14
to commcare-users
Mourice,

I would recommend creating the Verbal Autopsy as a separate module.

Instead of setting the case management configuration to "opens a case", you can try  "opens a case in a different module". You can create two different case creation blocks, one with the custom property, and one without. One representing the live birth, one representing the verbal autopsy.

Does that make sense?

-Clayton