Sarah Mollenkopf

Jan 16, 2015, 6:38:43 AM1/16/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have an android tablet on which I would like to load my application for testing and demonstration purposes. However, when I try to load it on, it says that it is incompatible. Am I doing something wrong? Or can the applications only be loaded on to phones that have connections to service networks?
Thanks!

Cory Zue

Jan 17, 2015, 12:11:38 PM1/17/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sarah,

It should definitely work unless it's a significantly older tablet or is being restricted by geography. Could you provide more information about the tablet model and android version you're running? Also could you provide more information about the exact stage of the process that is failing? If it is failing upon loading your application into CommCare it might just be something wrong in your application's configuration.

thanks,
Cory

Sarah Mollenkopf

Jan 22, 2015, 6:55:57 AM1/22/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
I am using a Google Nexus Tablet that was given to be about 9 months ago but I'm pretty sure its not that old. I used "deploy" from the application screen and chose to deploy on android. Then I tried to transfer online so I input the code into the search bar on the tablet and it downloaded something but then when I tried to open it it just said "can't open". I also tried offline by transferring the file from my computer but it again said that I couldnt open it. Did I miss a step?

Best,
Sarah

Preventative Health Educator
US Peace Corps Senegal
MPH Epidemiology Candidate
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
Master's International Program

William Pride

Jan 22, 2015, 9:49:37 AM1/22/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Sarah,

Is it possible that the application you're trying to deploy is targeted for a newer CommCare version than you're running on your phone? I'd recommend going to the Play Store, making sure you're updated to the newest version of CommCare ODK, and then attempting to deploy your application again. If this doesn't work, please file a bug report and our support team will follow up with you offline.

Thanks,
Will

Sarah Mollenkopf

Jan 23, 2015, 4:12:19 AM1/23/15