Can you individually name saved forms? and how?

Ameera Hamid

Oct 13, 2013, 6:19:32 AM10/13/13
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to name the forms under the "saved" forms in the application.  All forms are named after the module they have been filled in and it makes finding a specific form on your application cumbersome. How can I differentiate between the forms apart from relying on the date/time that it was saved?

Sheel Shah

Oct 13, 2013, 8:28:48 AM10/13/13
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ameera,

I think if your forms are linked to a case, then the Case Name will also appear for the saved form. That being said, I believe that all saved forms are removed from the phone after about 2 weeks (but they're still on CommCareHQ).

What are you using the saved forms functionality for?

Sheel

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Ameera Hamid <ameera....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to name the forms under the "saved" forms in the application.  All forms are named after the module they have been filled in and it makes finding a specific form on your application cumbersome. How can I differentiate between the forms apart from relying on the date/time that it was saved?

Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi India

Ameera Hamid

Oct 13, 2013, 8:40:16 AM10/13/13
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sheel,

Thanks for your response.

I have created a logbook application for students to record the skills they perform in the clinics and hospitals.  I am currently piloting the app with 8 students (cases).  the students used the saved forms to write up assignments every week, but because they see multiple patients and fill out a form for each patient, they have found it a bit difficult to find a specific form that they completed in the week.

I use the app to track the students performance and skills so the forms being linked to the case would just mean its linked to the student.  is there anyway to link it to information in the form (eg patient diagnosis)?

Kind regards,
Ameera

Ameera Hamid
Assistant FHDIII Coordinator
Department of Family Medicine Wits University Medical School
7 York Road
Parktown
2193
SOUTH AFRICA

Clayton Sims

Oct 14, 2013, 11:22:23 AM10/14/13
to commcare-users
Sheel,

You are correct that the case name does appear here.

The amount of time that saved forms are retained on the phone can be configured on the Application Settings UI in CommCare HQ.

-Clayton

Clayton Sims

Oct 14, 2013, 11:33:44 AM10/14/13
to commcare-users
Ameera,

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to configure the name of the saved forms at this time.

As an alternative you could try configuring each visit to create a separate subcase (say, "diagnosis") which would contain some of the details of the visit and then show them in a different case list, but it may be tedious to set that workflow up it you want to read the entire form, since you'd have to save and recall all of the individual details. You could use just the name of the patient, the date, and the diagnosis into such a subcase, and use as a sort of index into the saved forms as a compromise.

-Clayton

Sheel Shah

Oct 14, 2013, 11:45:04 AM10/14/13
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ameera,

Does it make sense to have the case type be patients?  That way the student would fill out (and you can store information) for each patient they see.  They can then review the case information (using the case list &details in the app) to help fill out their assignment?

Otherwise, what you're doing with Saved Forms makes sense - if you have suggestions (ex. adding more identifying information), I'd recommend you create an idea on our Uservoice forum (http://dimagi.uservoice.com/forums/194737-commcare-mobile).

Thanks,
Sheel