Collect data for one case in multiple rows

elysa

Oct 9, 2015, 6:06:35 AM10/9/15
to commcare-users
Hi guys,

Is anyone can help me to find out how to do this without using case importer wizard?

I have 4 questions like this:

1. District
2. Cell
3. Farmer name
4. Trial name
    > Local variety seed
    > Improved variety seed
5. Planting date of both varieties
    > But I want the export to look like this (I didn't displayed all columns, just I want to show the idea):

cell name trial planting_date
bely local 10/9/2015
bely improved 10/9/2015

Now how can I set this form up?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Robin Selwitz

Oct 20, 2015, 1:47:38 PM10/20/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elysa,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Could you be more specific in telling us what you want to show in your data?

For instance, do you want to show wants multiple rows per seed variety, or per trial name, or both?

Please let us know exactly what you're trying to show so we can best assist you.

Thanks!

Robin Selwitz

Elyse Tuyishime

Oct 21, 2015, 5:28:00 AM10/21/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Ok! I want multiple rows per trial name.
Thanks alot!

Sent from my Windows Phone

Oct 23, 2015, 2:01:56 PM10/23/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elysa,

To answer this for you and to see if this is possible, I would like to look at your form.

Would you mind sending me a link to your project space/application?

Thanks!
Robin Selwitz

Elyse Tuyishime

Oct 26, 2015, 3:42:30 AM10/26/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robin,

The way I'm doing this is to register one farmer 4 times (because I have 4 trial variations). It's a side by side experiment, just one farmer plant 4 plots, each plot has it's own seed variety, so to register a farmer requires to enter him 4 times to capture every plot, this mean that I have 4 cases per one farmer.

I'm not comfortable with this much because sometimes you enter the same information 4 times like farmer name, phone number and other question on the registration form except the question which ask the variation name.

If you look to my application, Use the first module "Amashu Bugarama", the form which register a case is called "Amakuru y'Umuhinzi" just the first one. This is a link to my application https://www.commcarehq.org/a/oafrwanda/apps/view/9739b4f0b423d726fd8a6292b181b12c/

Thanks alot!!

Elyse Tuyishime
Mobile:
+250 783 604 124