Data Feeds Link in CommCare

Chaiwa Berian

Jan 26, 2015, 2:37:10 AM1/26/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Dear CommCare users,

I would like to use ZoHo for analysis and reporting. ZoHo allows for one to report on data from external data sources based on data feed links. Is there something like that in Commcare, either via JSON or something?

Kind regards,
Chaiwa.

Cory Zue

Jan 26, 2015, 2:45:36 AM1/26/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
I'm not familiar with Zoho, but we do offer data feeds via our APIs which might be a good starting point. Most of these provide JSON endpoints to the data in CommCare.

Eric Couper

Oct 19, 2015, 2:44:43 AM10/19/15
to commcare-users
Hi Chaiwa,

Did you have success with this?

I spent some time trying to link the Commcare content via the API into Zoho Reports, but I ultimately couldn't get it to work. Here are my notes:

Successfully got the data pulling into Postman, a fantastic API tester, using

https://www.commcarehq.org/a/[domain]/api/v0.5/form/?xmlns=XXXXXXXXXXX

and Basic Auth with our account credentials

You can get the ?xmlns=XXXX part by looking at all your forms using:

https://www.commcarehq.org/a/[domain]/api/[version]/form/

I then tried to use this URL in ZohoReport reports (video here) with the basic auth and got this error message:

HTTP Status code (401) thrown while reading the URL contents. Please verify whether the URL is accessible.

If you have better luck, I'd love to know how you got around this error!

-Eric

Eric Couper

Oct 19, 2015, 3:08:11 PM10/19/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I had a big breakthrough based on feedback from the guys at Zoho reports. If you are looking for a reasonably priced, easy-to-use dashboarding add-on to Commcare, I think this might be it (and I've been looking for at least 6 months).

Here are the suggestions for integration from the Zoho guy:

Hi,

Greetings from Zoho Report!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Currently Zoho Reports supports only Basic authentication while importing data from a Web data source protected by a password.  Since the data feed URL you have tried has Digest authentication, you were receiving Error 401. We have generated an authentication key using which you can import the data.

In the data Import wizard, please follow the below steps,

·  Select the file type as JSON from the File Type drop down box

·  Choose the Data location as Web and enter the API URL

·  Expand the Add parameter option available

·  Type the parameter name as 'Authorization'

·  Enter this key  'redacted' in the Value text box

·  Select  the Send Request option as Header from the drop down box

·  Click Next

Robin Selwitz

Oct 23, 2015, 2:06:19 PM10/23/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the suggestion and great information about Zoho!

This is something we will discuss internally, and can update you with any changes.
In the meantime, I would encourage you to submit this as an idea on our uservoice forum to gain support from other CommCare users:

Thanks,
Robin Selwitz