Creating 1 export for multiple apps

Marie-laurence Archambault

Jun 17, 2015, 3:03:24 AM6/17/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Is it possible to merge many reports into 1? I think it may affect data quality as I need to download so many different reports. We basically have 3 reports, but I need to download a single form from 5 mobile worker's phones to create each one.

Thanks for letting me know,
Marie

Fiorenzo Conte

Jun 17, 2015, 5:13:33 AM6/17/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marie,

I'm not 100% what you mean by merging reports into 1. Are your mobile users using different mobile applications (in the sense that the name of the application is different on commcarehq)? If yes do these applications use the same case type? If not are you just downloading different forms type (and this is what you mean by having multiple reports)?

thanks for the clarification

Fiorenzo Conte
Project Manager | Gestionnaire de projet
West Africa | Afrique de l'Ouest
Dimagi, Inc
m : +221 77 293 91 89 s : fioreco86

Marie-Laurence Archambault

Jun 17, 2015, 8:55:46 AM6/17/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fio,

I did not use cases. Basically, for delivery I had to add  3 forms in each person's app (some were still using other forms in their apps). This means that in order to export the data I need to do it individually (or not?). Below are the forms I need to download to make 3 different delivery reports:

Name of report mise à jour des cartes Downloaded?
Audites fin de saison mise à jour des cartes oui
Livraison d'intrants mise à jour des cartes oui
SVM- Fatou mise à jour des cartes oui
Aliou - SVM mise à jour des cartes oui
Gora - SVM mise à jour des cartes oui

Name of report Audites - sortie d'intrant Downloaded?
Audites fin de saison Audites - sortie d'intrant oui
Livraison d'intrants Audites - sortie d'intrant oui
SVM- Fatou Audites - sortie d'intrant oui
Aliou - SVM Audites - sortie d'intrant oui
Gora - SVM Audites - sortie d'intrant oui

Name of report Sorte d'intrants Downloaded?
Audites fin de saison Sorte d'intrants oui
Livraison d'intrants Sorte d'intrants oui
SVM- Fatou Sorte d'intrants oui
Aliou - SVM Sorte d'intrants oui
Gora - SVM Sorte d'intrants oui

Marie-Laurence Archambault
Chargée de programme | Programme Associate
Sama Mbey myAgro

Skype: marie-laurence-14

Fiorenzo Conte

Jun 17, 2015, 9:12:19 AM6/17/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marie,

If you didn't use cases and your app has different forms type one way of linking the forms will be through the vlookup function in Excel (but unfortunately we don't have any documentation on examples of how to do that at the moment). Which means that you will still need to make each export separately