Adding case properties

Jennifer Brown

Apr 27, 2016, 12:02:58 PM4/27/16
to commcare-users
Dear All,

I have created new case properties to my app to enable more comprehensive case exports. However, when I download these exports, I cannot see any data. Do i need to redeploy the app and will it retrospectively complete these case properties for the cases which have already been submitted to the server?

Many thanks
caseexport.png

Jeremy W.

Apr 27, 2016, 1:09:29 PM4/27/16
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jennifer,

If you make an update to the case property configuration this will not be applied retroactively to previously submitted forms. That is, if you had two cases, one created before your update and another one created after your update then your new case properties will only have values for the second case.

If necessary you can use the Excel Import tool to update your previously updated/created cases with the new case properties.

You can read more about the Excel Import tool on the help site: https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/Importing+Cases+Using+Excel

Also - you will need to deploy the latest version of the app in order for the case property updates to take effect for new cases.

Jeremy

Jeremy Wacksman
Dimagi, Inc.

Jennifer Brown