Variables in imported cases not visible

Prachi Patel

Jul 9, 2017, 8:07:33 AM7/9/17
to commcare-users
Hi,
I have imported a few cases using excel importer. The imported file has other variables like age, typology etc which I want to use in my tool. However, when I refer them back in the main form, it shows me blank despite showing in the case list. Please help!

Thanks,
Prachi

William Pride

Jul 10, 2017, 7:03:18 AM7/10/17
to commcare-users
Hi Prachi,

Could you please share screenshots of your configuration? Specifically it would be useful to see your case list configuration, the properties you're loading into the form, and the Case List report page for one of the cases you imported.

Cheers,
Will

Prachi Patel

Jul 10, 2017, 7:20:38 AM7/10/17
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Will,
Thank you for the response. Have attached 2 screenshots of the variable in the tool, the question where it is being referenced and the cases being imported.

Hope this helps! Thanks
image.png

image.png

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 8:07 AM, Prachi Patel <pra...@cms-india.org> wrote:
Hi,
I have imported a few cases using excel importer. The imported file has other variables like age, typology etc which I want to use in my tool. However, when I refer them back in the main form, it shows me blank despite showing in the case list. Please help!

Thanks,
Prachi

Test sample.xlsx

William Pride

Jul 10, 2017, 7:35:00 AM7/10/17
to commcare-users
Hi Prachi,

That forms looks like it registers a new case so you wouldn't be able to load properties into it from cases imported in the case importer. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do?

Cheers,
Will

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 7:20 AM, Prachi Patel <pra...@cms-india.org> wrote:
[...]

Prachi Patel

Jul 10, 2017, 7:36:36 AM7/10/17
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,
The form updates or closes a case. Sharing the screenshot for the same.
image.png

Thanks,
Prachi

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 5:05 PM William Pride <wpr...@dimagi.com> wrote:
[...]

William Pride

Jul 10, 2017, 7:42:08 AM7/10/17
to commcare-users
Apologies, my mistake

It looks like that "sub_typology" question does not have any default value loaded into it - perhaps that's your issue?

Cheers,
Will

Prachi Patel

Jul 10, 2017, 7:44:53 AM7/10/17
to commcare-users
Hi William,
Any specific reason why a default value should be loaded? There are quite a few questions which refer to these imported variables. So not sure. Also, I tried creating a label with Typology and it showed blank.
Thanks,
Prachi

William Pride

Jul 10, 2017, 7:59:24 AM7/10/17
to commcare-users
Hi Prachi,

That is the mechanism by which case properties are loaded into the form to be used. If you want to reference the property in multiple places you could load it into that hidden value, than reference that hidden value in the rest of the form.

Cheers,
Will

Prachi Patel

Jul 10, 2017, 8:33:30 AM7/10/17
to commcare-users

Hi William,
So the hidden variable typology should be referenced by the typology in the properties listed below? If that is yes, then it hasn't worked. Sorry for so many questions but I seem to be stuck perpetually!

Thanks,
Prachi

William Pride

Jul 10, 2017, 10:42:18 AM7/10/17
to commcare-users
Prachi,

From what I can tell from your screenshots the root issue is that the hidden variable 'typology' is not being loaded with the case property 'typology' as a default value. This is necessary in order for any case properties, including imported ones, to be loaded into a form.

Cheers,
Will

Prachi Patel

Jul 10, 2017, 11:27:18 AM7/10/17
to commcare-users

Hi Will,
How shall we do that?

Thanks,
Prachi

Prachi Patel

Jul 10, 2017, 12:17:22 PM7/10/17
to commcare-users
image.png

I am assuming this is what you were talking about. Unfortunately, this is not working either

William Pride

Jul 11, 2017, 10:56:26 AM7/11/17
to commcare-users
Prachi,

That looks correct. When you view the case in the Case List report is that property ('typology') set for the case that you're opening?

Cheers,
Will