Bulk Exports

James Tinkamanyire

Aug 3, 2015, 8:34:35 AM8/3/15
to commcare-users
Hey Guys,

Has anyone tried to download a bulk export for case data but as different excel files? I am currently having to download each export individually and then link these file to an external access database. This is working great but has become quite tedious.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks,
James

Sheel Shah

Aug 3, 2015, 7:21:17 PM8/3/15
to commcare-users
Hey James,

Are you create custom Excel exports for your case data? This should give you a specific export for each case type.

Or do you prefer to download one file that contains all of your Excel files? Unfortunately that's not possible - however you can configure your custom export to create a "Daily Saved Export".  This should make it easier to download all the files immediately from our website.

Thanks,
Sheel

James Tinkamanyire

Aug 4, 2015, 2:07:04 AM8/4/15
to commcare-users
Hi Sheel,

Thanks for your response. We have several "Daily Saved Exports" but I still have to download each one at a time. At the moment, we have >25 exports which means I will have to download 25 times daily in order to have our Access database up-to-date.

What's more worrying is that we are going to have more custom exports in the near future which are going to make this download process much more cumbersome. I wish the bulk download of independent excel files were possible...at least in the near future.

Thanks,
James

Sheel Shah

Aug 4, 2015, 7:42:47 AM8/4/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

Thanks for your response - can you please create an idea on our Uservoice site (dimagi.uservoice.com)?  This is something we're definitely interested in making work better.

A more technical option would be to use our CommCare Export Tool (https://confluence.dimagi.com/display/commcarepublic/CommCare+Data+Export+Tool) if you have a SQL server setup to push the data into.

Thanks,
Sheel

Thanks,
Sheel
--
Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi

James Tinkamanyire

Aug 4, 2015, 8:27:20 AM8/4/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sheel,

I already posted this on the user voice site.

James Tinkamanyire | Data Manager
Measuring Early Treatment Adherence - META Project
Global Health Collaborative - MUST - Uganda

P.O. Box 1397, Mbarara.

BSc Computer Engineering
MBARARA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
P.O. Box 1410, Mbarara, Uganda.

Mobile Tel: +256 (0)702 864 964
Skype: jimmyjaymes1