Can ClojureScript transpile to plain JavaScript?

Oliver Baumann

Jul 1, 2021, 9:52:07 AM7/1/21
to ClojureScript

Just figuring, it might be good to check whether I can achieve with ClojureScript what I want to do:

We have a website with some JavaScript functionality (some reading of JSON data, some calculations, etc).

I'm planning to (re)write and extend the JavaScript parts with ClojureScript (to learn Clojure and to keep the site better maintainable). For this I would like to write ClojureScript, transpile it with clj, copy the JavaScript output to the web server and then view our HTML page which includes/loads the JavaScript.

Feasible?

Many thanks for any pointers!

Gary Verhaegen

Jul 4, 2021, 6:59:59 AM7/4/21
to clojur...@googlegroups.com
Yes; transpiling to plain JavaScript is really what ClojureScript was designed to do. You can also very easily call existing JavaScript from ClojureScript code, so you may be able to start using ClojureScript without having to rewrite all of your existing code.

On 1 Jul 2021, at 15:52, Oliver Baumann <ne...@halloleo.hailmail.net> wrote:

---

oliver

Jul 4, 2021, 11:46:35 PM7/4/21
to clojur...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Gary. Sounds very promising! I certainly will dive into it!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ClojureScript" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clojurescript/C9911D56-64CE-4F72-890D-2FC6C9D730F0%40gmail.com.