[ANN] Clojure 1.9.0-beta3

Alex Miller

Oct 25, 2017, 4:14:10 PM10/25/17
to Clojure
Clojure 1.9.0-beta3 is now available.

Try it via

- Leiningen: [org.clojure/clojure "1.9.0-beta3"]

1.9.0-beta3 includes the following changes since 1.9.0-beta2:

CLJ-2254 - add System property clojure.spec.skip-macros (default=false) that can be used to turn off spec checking in macros

We would appreciate anything you can do to try out this release. We do not plan to make any further changes prior to 1.9.0 release unless regressions are found.

Sean Corfield

Oct 25, 2017, 6:28:03 PM10/25/17
to clo...@googlegroups.com

FWIW, we put 1.9.0-beta2 in production on Monday. No issues so far. We’ll probably put beta3 in production next Monday – we’re not seeing any regressions so far in testing today.

Sean Corfield -- (970) FOR-SEAN -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood

Oct 26, 2017, 3:50:51 PM10/26/17
to Clojure
Have you considered calling it clojure.spec.alpha.skip-macros
?

Would make sense if you intend to ignore that setting in 2.0 (or any later release with spec nonalpha)

Alex Miller

Oct 26, 2017, 4:19:03 PM10/26/17
to clo...@googlegroups.com
The system properties are intended to have the same meaning before and after alpha status so don't have alpha in their name (same applies to other spec system properties).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Clojure" group.