3D buildings in Cesium

Patrick Cozzi

Apr 27, 2015, 6:08:03 PM4/27/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

We're happy to announce plans for 3D buildings in Cesium:

The above demo is just a preview for some very cool streaming we'll have later this summer.

Let's use this thread as the official 3D buildings thread.

Thanks,

Hyper Sonic

Apr 27, 2015, 11:21:27 PM4/27/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Great news! I see there is good initial coverage over many cities. This will make pairing Cesium and Street View a much better experience.

The article mentions "In the coming months, we will expand 3D building streaming in Cesium to a tiled approach capable of cities with 100,000+ buildings."
Out of curiosity, might the approach be similar to this https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cesium-dev/5E1zEuV5H0c/FlaqE-c_YSEJ
With various Model LODs? Though the models would need to provide LOD levels if model LOD were to be supported, otherwise the tile LOD would just decide what is and what isn't visible I assume.

It would be nice to have multiple 3D building sources, just like there are multiple imagery sources. I noticed that Open Street View 3D buildings were mentioned in the article. So zone and road overlay data comes with the 3D buildings data, I assume that's also from CyberCity3D? So you can place those overlays over any base imagery provider?

Narco

Apr 28, 2015, 5:56:10 AM4/28/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
This is great!

Like Hyper Sonic mentioned, I'm also very interested in LOD for the models, as I had some very detailed buildings. (in Quadtree/Octree Collada format for LOD).

Again, Thank you Patrick and the Cesium team for this long-waited feature.

Mike LP

Apr 28, 2015, 9:28:45 AM4/28/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
We're very excited to be rolling out this feature to the public over the next few months.

-mlp

Kevin Sun

Apr 30, 2015, 11:14:35 AM4/30/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
I try to design a scheme for rendering 500,000+ tree models.
The scheme had be described in the previous post
(I find the way for unloading some of the loaded czml files if needed)

I put the primer result  in the web page:

It just for a try, for a long-term, I shall follow the streaming scheme like image/terrain tile provider.

Patrick Cozzi於 2015年4月28日星期二 UTC+8上午6時08分03秒寫道:

Hyper Sonic

Apr 30, 2015, 12:09:34 PM4/30/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Cool demo! However when the camera is close sometimes nearby trees pop out of existence. I'm assuming there's only one model LOD level. Apparently Chrome won't let any one tab exceed 500 to 600 Mega Bytes of RAM unfortunately, which I'm guessing is the cause of the tree disappearance. Google Earth won't let you exceed 1 Giga Byte of RAM. I'd buy more RAM if I knew that web browsers would take advantage of the increased RAM.

Kevin Sun

Apr 30, 2015, 1:18:23 PM4/30/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com

That is caused by some mistakes in my code. I had change that. Please try again.

Patrick Cozzi

Apr 30, 2015, 2:21:32 PM4/30/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
@Hyper

> So zone and road overlay data comes with the 3D buildings data, I assume that's also from CyberCity3D?

The building data in the Seattle demo is from CyberCity3D.  I believe the zone and road overlays are from Seattle's public data portal.

> So you can place those overlays over any base imagery provider?

Yes, the buildings, vector overlays, and base imagery can be mixed and matched.

@Hyper/Narco/Kevin

The streaming format will be tiled Hierarchical Level of Detail so it will only load a few buildings in the distance and then more as the user zooms in.  We'll publish the format as soon as I have something a bit more concrete.

Patrick

Hyper Sonic

Apr 30, 2015, 2:59:25 PM4/30/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
No more disappearing trees in the updated demo. It looks very good! Looking at Chrome's task manager the tab went up to 650 Mega Bytes at one point, with GPU process up to 300 Mega Bytes. With alot of trees in view my framerate dropped like a rock though, single digit fps, but then again I need a computer upgrade! The tree streaming code is on the main thread I assume, there seems to be a few pauses. Also my network bandwidth was quite low to the server, probably with high latency as well as the server is over 11 Mega Meters away.

Thanks for the information Patrick. That's awesome that you can mix and match all those data sources. I assume for the first incarnation each building will have one model LOD version, but can suggest at what tile LODs it will be visible at, but as you've mentioned the format is not concrete just yet.

Kevin Sun

May 5, 2015, 3:03:42 AM5/5/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com

The binary collada2gltf.exe can only generate the base64 encode on “shaders” and “buffers” . The texture images are still via the uri. This causes more files be transmitted on the network. For example, the model will have three files be transmitted (one gltf and two texture images)

"images": {

        "ID18": {

            "uri": "tex/g2_27048.jpg"

        },

        "ID31": {

            "uri": "tex/1Fre2_77.jpg"

        }

How to making the texture images are also base64 encoded?

I have tried to implement a tiled hierarchical LOD scheme (video as the following link).

https://youtu.be/nsvqXexoXYA

I think the single gltf file will improve the overall performance!

The idea of hierarchical LOD scheme:

The scene is divided into tiles with five different scales. The links of building models are stored on the CZML files, named with S?X???Y???, according to their volume size (S?) and geo-position(X???Y???). That is, the larger buildings are on the higher scale, and the small building on the lower scale. By the tiled Hierarchical LOD scheme, the scene only shows a few buildings fetch from the higher scale when the view is in the distance from the ground. More small buildings are shown as the user zooms in.

More coverage of building models is currently produced according to the LOD scheme which is still need to be improved.

Hyper Sonic

May 5, 2015, 2:53:57 PM5/5/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
That's odd, CesiumMilkTruck.gltf has the image in base64 form. Although that's a png I'd imagine it should work for jpg as well.

Cool video! The volume idea sounds like a good idea, however, what about many small buildings bunched up taking up more volume than the larger buildings?

I think model LOD is very important, with all models having at least a very simple LOD form along with the standard LOD form just so that as least you know something is there instead of empty space.

 Has anyone done performance tests with simple 6-sided buildings with very low res textures?
-One test just see how many can be rendered at one time before degrading performance (no streaming)
-Another test on how many simple buildings can be streamed into memory on an average internet connection and computer (no rendering)
-Then a final test combining streaming and rendering

jbo...@googlemail.com

May 5, 2015, 3:49:44 PM5/5/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

@Kevin Sun I had the same problem with the collada2gltf.exe converter. The converter can integrate the images into the gltf file. I just had to set the working directory of the process to the current collada file, so the process finds the image. It will work for png and jpg.

But i think you will be disappointed, decoding the base64 images is not really fast. I think this will only increase performance if you have many really small images.

I personally had better results with the binary GLTF format. See this pull Request. https://github.com/AnalyticalGraphicsInc/cesium/pull/2659

But you have to create your own process to generate the bgltf format.

Hyper Sonic

May 5, 2015, 6:56:04 PM5/5/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Binary GLTF should help alot. Base64 only uses 6/8 of a byte while binary uses the entire byte. Also Base64 has to be decoded while binary does not. It seems that resources will be in separate files, but all zipped up into a single gzip.

cbb...@gmail.com

May 5, 2015, 9:07:33 PM5/5/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
The Seattle demo looks great! I'd love to see the capability to color code buildings based on the parameter values. For example, every building over a certain volume or height turn a certain color... or color code "office" buildings blue and "residential" buildings red (assuming custom parameters will be added).

Will it be possible to split up the buildings by levels? To me, this is the real value of looking at the buildings in 3D... the ability to see several levels at the same time.

Also, how can a synergy be created with multiple clients adding data to the individual buildings? A lot of data fields could be useful to multiple people, such as "year built", "address", "# of floors", etc.. Can the platform be set up to allow some universal shared building parameters? This would de-duplicate the inputting efforts of a whole bunch of people who may be using the data.

Patrick Cozzi

May 6, 2015, 8:01:35 AM5/6/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Chris,

Thanks for the interest.

> I'd love to see the capability to color code buildings based on the parameter values.

Yes, me too.  The first step is streaming building geometry and textures, but the real usefulness is going to come with the ability to interact with buildings: get a building's id, highlight a building, show/hide a building, color code, etc.

> Will it be possible to split up the buildings by levels?

What exactly do you mean?  Show/hide buildings based on a parameter?

> Also, how can a synergy be created with multiple clients adding data to the individual buildings?

Cesium could be a platform to build a crowdsourced building metadata database, but it's not in the scope of the initial release. :)  In the Seattle demo, when a building is clicked, we use its longitude/latitude to query the CyberCity 3D REST API, which has metadata, and also query the Bing REST API reverse geocoder for the address.

Patrick

cbb...@gmail.com

May 6, 2015, 4:08:20 PM5/6/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
By levels, I mean separate floors like Cube Cities has done. I envision that this would work by inputting the number of floors for a particular building and letting the software divide them equally over the height of the building. Then individual floor elevations could be adjusted as needed.

Is there some kind of GUID for each individual building that can also be made visible in the parameters? What would be the best way to report errors in addresses, building geometry, etc. so they can be updated/corrected?

Patrick Cozzi

May 6, 2015, 5:18:22 PM5/6/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> By levels, I mean separate floors like Cube Cities has done.

Ah.  Initially, the way I envision this working is that the entire city dataset is streamed, but individual buildings can be turned on/off, so a building of interest can be turned off from the streaming dataset, and then any custom 3D model or geometries - with any custom operations - could replace it.  If it isn't too application-specific, we can look at adding helpers for the customization.

> Is there some kind of GUID for each individual building that can also be made visible in the parameters? What would be the best way to report errors in addresses, building geometry, etc. so they can be updated/corrected?

The initial dataset is from CyberCity3D.  Each building has a unique ID that can be used to query their web services for metadata.

As for reporting errors, I imagine you are talking about for a crowdsourced dataset?  I haven't given it any thought yet, but, for example, if we import OSM buildings, I am all for interoping with their reporting/editing system.

Patrick

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 4:08 PM, <cbb...@gmail.com> wrote:
By levels, I mean separate floors like Cube Cities has done. I envision that this would work by inputting the number of floors for a particular building and letting the software divide them equally over the height of the building. Then individual floor elevations could be adjusted as needed.

Is there some kind of GUID for each individual building that can also be made visible in the parameters? What would be the best way to report errors in addresses, building geometry, etc. so they can be updated/corrected?

Patrick Cozzi

May 11, 2015, 4:34:14 PM5/11/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, pjc...@gmail.com
Folks,

Kevin DeVito from CyberCity 3D wrote an article about the Seattle demo we recently posted: 3D Streaming Maps: Enhancing GIS Assets Streaming 3D Smart Buildings.

Although the article recommends to only texture select buildings to make them standout, Cesium will support fully textured 3D cities.  Basically once a leaf tile is reached, first its geometry will stream in, then its textures will follow.

I'm curious about people's use cases for textured vs. non-textured buildings.  Let me know what you think.

Patrick
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to cesium-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Hyper Sonic

May 11, 2015, 7:40:51 PM5/11/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Awesome stuff! By leaf tile I assume you mean a tile whom's children / grandchildren / etc won't add any more terrain detail even if it were to continue subdividing, which also assumes that 3D buildings are working with the same tiles as terrain data. It's difficult to tell with Seattle as I suspect terrain isn't far off from the ellipsoid, but I wonder if the buildings clamp to terrain when terrain is switched.

So all 3D buildings that are visible will also be streamed textures, not just nearby ones? On this particular demo it seems that once a building is loaded into memory it stays there as with subsequent visits they popup immediately, though with the first visit they load gradually not causing any framerate hicups.

Patrick Cozzi

May 12, 2015, 4:07:54 PM5/12/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hyper,

> which also assumes that 3D buildings are working with the same tiles as terrain data.

I don't anticipate using the same tiles or tiling scheme as terrain.  For example, if we take into account building density and the complexity of individual buildings, we can come up with non-uniform subdivisions that are more optimal than the traditional uniform subdivision used by a vanilla quadtree.  I'll write some tech articles in time.

> It's difficult to tell with Seattle as I suspect terrain isn't far off from the ellipsoid, but I wonder if the buildings clamp to terrain when terrain is switched

In the Seattle demo, each building is an individual model.  This is fine for a few thousand models, but will not scale to the 100,000+ buildings we want to support (well, we should handle 1,000,000+ without problem).

The Seattle demo also does not account for terrain, but this is something we will account for in the final version.  It could be done offline as a preprocess or at runtime.  There are tradeoffs for either that we need to think through.

> So all 3D buildings that are visible will also be streamed textures, not just nearby ones?

For buildings that include textures, first the geometry for the building will load, then as the viewer zooms in, the texture will load.

Patrick

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 7:40 PM, Hyper Sonic <gman...@gmail.com> wrote:
Awesome stuff! By leaf tile I assume you mean a tile whom's children / grandchildren / etc won't add any more terrain detail even if it were to continue subdividing, which also assumes that 3D buildings are working with the same tiles as terrain data. It's difficult to tell with Seattle as I suspect terrain isn't far off from the ellipsoid, but I wonder if the buildings clamp to terrain when terrain is switched.

So all 3D buildings that are visible will also be streamed textures, not just nearby ones? On this particular demo it seems that once a building is loaded into memory it stays there as with subsequent visits they popup immediately, though with the first visit they load gradually not causing any framerate hicups.

rune...@gmail.com

May 13, 2015, 3:00:14 AM5/13/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
tirsdag 12. mai 2015 22.07.54 UTC+2 skrev Patrick Cozzi følgende:
> Hi Hyper,
>

> > which also assumes that 3D buildings are working with the same tiles as terrain data.
>

> I don't anticipate using the same tiles or tiling scheme as terrain.  For example, if we take into account building density and the complexity of individual buildings, we can come up with non-uniform subdivisions that are more optimal than the traditional uniform subdivision used by a vanilla quadtree.  I'll write some tech articles in time.

I totally agree. In my experience building models require a less rigid partitioning scheme than terrain tiles.

I believe your czml files relatively easily can be extended to handle large volumes of buildings and other similar objects by introducing view dependent hierarchical loading (and un-loading of areas gone out of scope). It should be relatively easy to develope programs for partitioning large city models into a set of compact blocks, and at the same time the very same structure can easily be hand edited for handling smaller projects. Something like KMLs NetworkLink/Region system could be an inspiration.

I wonder how you handle the situation when a model file is referenced several times like the trees in Kevins Taipei demo? Are the models loaded or copied for each time they are referenced or is the same model used each time? Is the scenegraph a real graph with shared sub-graphs or is it only a tree structure? The ability to use shared models efficiently is crucial for handling large volumes of similar objects (like a forest) with a few variations of prototype objects.

In Kevins demo I also noted that the depth sorting of semi transparent objects apparently didn't work properly; some trees further away where drawn on top of closer trees. But really, objects using silhuette textures like tree models should not be handled like traditional semi-transparent objects, but as opaque objects with an alpha-test shader!

> The Seattle demo also does not account for terrain, but this is something we will account for in the final version.  It could be done offline as a preprocess or at runtime.  There are tradeoffs for either that we need to think through.

Very important! I believe you should have an opening for both (like KMLs altitudeModel: relativeToGround and absolute) actually. Precomputed terrain heights are most efficient, as you don't need to evaluate the terrain models runtime, and should be used for larger projects, but for smaller projects (when the hassle of finding terrain elevations in a GIS is greater than the performance loss) it can be very convenient! When computing terrain height runtime one should also remember that the terrain you have when the bulding is loaded is probably a reduced resolution version, and the elevation shold be re-evaluated as more details are loaded.

> Patrick
>

> twitter.com/pjcozzi

Rune

Patrick Cozzi

May 13, 2015, 6:09:10 PM5/13/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rune,

Good points.  Thanks for the input.

> I wonder how you handle the situation when a model file is referenced several times like the trees in Kevins Taipei demo?

Cesium already has a cache to avoid loading redundant models.  However, for trees in particular, I think we can take it much farther by using WebGL 2 instancing so, for example, we can render many trees in the same draw call.

> In Kevins demo I also noted that the depth sorting of semi transparent objects apparently didn't work properly; some trees further away where drawn on top of closer trees.

If that demo was just loading glTF models, then Cesium was using whatever render state was defined in the model, which could be a standard translucent setup as you mentioned.

as opaque objects with an alpha-test shader!

Agreed.  I think we will still run into issues like #2130.

Patrick

Kanishk Chaturvedi

May 22, 2015, 4:10:34 AM5/22/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, Zhihang Yao
Dear everyone,

thank you for the update on 3D buildings in Cesium! This is definitely a great amount of work.

We are a team within Chair of Geoinformatics, Technische Universität München, Germany (https://www.gis.bgu.tum.de) and would like to share our developments in the similar direction.

We have been working actively towards web based visualization of 3D city models represented according to the CityGML standard (http://www.citygml.org/) issued by Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). We have developed a web based 3D client based on Cesium and Google Earth viewers, which allows interactive 3D visualization and exploration of large scale 3D city models. As a pre-processing, the CityGML files are imported into our open source 3D geodatabase 3DCityDB (http://www.3dcitydb.org/). 3DCityDB comes with a powerful KML/COLLADA exporter, which allows creating a tiled set of KML files for the entire city. The city model in the form of tiled KML files can be explored and interacted with, on the web client. In relation to the Cesium globe, we would like to share with you our developments, which support
  • 3D building geometries and textures (in the form of glTF models)
  • KML network links
  • Caching
  • Dynamic loading and unloading of tiles
  • 3D buildings highlighting
  • Querying the 3D building attributes
For your reference, please find below
This link includes
  • a brief introduction of the web client
  • demonstration links (for both Cesium and Google Earth 3D viewers), and
  • a set of browser-related instructions for using the web client.
Please feel free to contact us in case of any queries.

Best regards,
Kanishk

Patrick Cozzi

May 22, 2015, 10:44:14 AM5/22/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, Zhihang Yao
Hi Kanishk,

Thanks for sharing your latest work.  It looks great!  The mouse-over highlighting is very nice.

Are you interested in us showcasing this on the Cesium website like these?

Do you plan to contribute your KML network link implementation back to Cesium?  We'd be happy to review it.  See CONTRIBUTING.md for how to go about it.

Patrick

Mike LP

May 22, 2015, 3:35:42 PM5/22/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, kanis...@gmail.com, zhiha...@tum.de
This is outstanding.  Like Patrick said, if you want to showcase this just let me know.

Kanishk Chaturvedi

Jun 5, 2015, 5:27:44 PM6/5/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, zhiha...@tum.de, kanis...@gmail.com
Hello Mike,

we have mailed you the details of our work to be used in Cesium showcase.

Thanks & best regards,
Kanishk

Mike LP

Jun 9, 2015, 1:27:57 PM6/9/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, kanis...@gmail.com, zhiha...@tum.de
Yes I've received them and I'm working on getting it ready for the site.

Patrick Cozzi

Jun 15, 2015, 11:13:34 AM6/15/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, mlodge...@gmail.com, zhiha...@tum.de, kanis...@gmail.com
We released a new demo of the upcoming 3D buildings support in Cesium.  Check out Cambridge:

Let us know your feedback.

Patrick

Kanishk Chaturvedi

Jun 15, 2015, 12:39:55 PM6/15/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, mlodge...@gmail.com, kanis...@gmail.com, zhiha...@tum.de
Hi Patrick - this is amazing! Looks really nice, especially, mouse-over and mouse-click highlighting.

Does it also support textured models (like https://youtu.be/n6xQCIF1MxI)? As I understand, the buildings have model material's diffuse property as cartesian colors in Cambridge example, which can be replaced by another cartesian color for highlighting. However, in case of diffuse property as texture (like in our YouTube link), we are struggling to replace with another color to produce highlighting effect. We are not able to replace texture with a color property.

Best regards,
Kanishk

Patrick Cozzi

Jun 15, 2015, 12:56:09 PM6/15/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kanishk,

Thanks for the kind words.

This dataset does not have textures; however, we plan to support textured buildings in Cesium.  Our focus right now is on tuning the geometry.

Patrick

dnom...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2015, 12:20:31 AM6/16/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
This is great! Streaming/Protrayal 3D services are the way to go for visualising large amount of 3D content.

We are looking to use cesiumjs to do a prototype of a virtual campus for National University of Singapore. We have about 200+ buildings with rooftop details in 3D from full LiDAR scan and aerial photogrametry; trees, elevation, roads, and other spatial datasets and layers from topo survey. May I know where can I get more information/tutorials on how we can create and consume the Binary glTF 'tiles' ourselves? Anyone from Cesium that may be interested to include the NUS campus as a demo is welcome to discuss!

Regards,
Raymond Huang | GIS Manager
National University of Singapore

Umberto Di Staso

Jun 16, 2015, 8:06:09 AM6/16/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Some months ago I tried exactly the same approach with the same dataset you tested (was for the web3d contest, I m right?)

However, although your approach is theoretically correct in order to get collada files to be converted in batch with the collada2gltf tool, the main limitation is constituted by the texture atlas automatically generated by the 3d citydb exporter tool (each texture atlas contains a lot of unused information)

Do you have managed this issue? Have you solve it?

next week I will perform some other tests with this approach....

Patrick Cozzi

Jun 16, 2015, 10:21:37 AM6/16/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Raymond,

Thanks for the interest.  For more on Binary glTF, see this discussion.  The tiling scheme is still under development.  I'll update this thread once it is stable-ish.

Also, we would be happy to include your work on the demos page of the Cesium website.  Let us know when you are ready.

Patrick

Kevin Sun

Jun 17, 2015, 11:33:48 PM6/17/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, mlodge...@gmail.com, zhiha...@tum.de, kanis...@gmail.com
Hi, Patrick

"Buildings are grouped together into tiles to reduce the number of network requests and WebGL draw calls."
This means many buildings are grouped together into a single .bgltf file? or they are still individual bgltf file for each building, but grouping them into a single .czml file?

Patrick Cozzi於 2015年6月15日星期一 UTC+8下午11時13分34秒寫道:

Patrick Cozzi

Jun 18, 2015, 6:10:38 AM6/18/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, Michael Lodge-Paolini, Zhihang Yao, kanis...@gmail.com
Hi Kevin,

> This means many buildings are grouped together into a single .bgltf file?

Yes.

There are tradeoffs, of course, between batching server-side and batching client-side.  For our current datasets and uses cases, batching server-side has been a good approach.

Patrick

Patrick Cozzi

Jun 19, 2015, 12:52:59 PM6/19/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, pjc...@gmail.com, zhiha...@tum.de, mlodge...@gmail.com, kanis...@gmail.com
Our latest streaming 3D buildings demo is out:  135,000 buildings in Washington, DC: http://cesiumjs.org/2015/06/19/Washington-DC-in-3D/

Patrick
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to cesium-dev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Denver Pierce

Jun 24, 2015, 11:08:32 PM6/24/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
How much sharing is there between the tiles for common resources like shaders?

Patrick Cozzi

Jun 26, 2015, 7:36:41 AM6/26/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com
Currently, these are cached at the Renderer level, but we also plan to cache them globally to slightly reduce the payload.

Patrick

Patrick Cozzi

Jul 1, 2015, 8:14:51 AM7/1/15
to cesiu...@googlegroups.com, pjc...@gmail.com
We just released a new 3D buildings demo: Canary Wharf, London.  This includes per-building shading based on height.

I plan to have a writeup on the full tech details by the end of July in time for the Cesium BOF at SIGGRAPH.

Patrick

Patrick Cozzi

Aug 10, 2015, 3:02:19 PM8/10/15
to cesium-dev, pjc...@gmail.com
For those still following this thread, the tech details for 3D buildings are now published.  See the 3D Tiles thread.

Patrick

noorfazie...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2017, 9:29:28 PM3/28/17
to cesium-dev
Hello kanishk, may I ask more on what you have done? I really interested with that. Thank you

Angarika Das

Jun 6, 2018, 7:28:05 AM6/6/18
to cesium-dev
hello!
I am trying to create a 3d city using the 3d tiles just like the new york 3d city example given in cesium. Could you please tell me what to do in order to create the 3d tiles for the 3d city in cesium.

looking forward to your reply!
here is the demo link of what i am trying to create- http://cesiumjs.org/NewYork

with regards,
Angarika Das