Questus Marine Backstay Radar Mount.

S/V Oceanghost

Jun 14, 2016, 5:44:58 AM6/14/16
to caborico
Anyone have one, if so do you like it?

Where do you mount your radar?

I dont have a radar but plan to purchase one as soon as i can find the right set up.

jpcorri...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2016, 6:34:38 AM6/14/16
to caborico
I just installed the Garmin 741sx w/radar and I used the post from Ocean Marine Systems.  My reasoning was that I would still have radar if I stepped the mast.  Mike at OMS could not have been nicer to work with.  I also purchased their davit system as well.  I attaced a photo.

Joe
DSCF0063.JPG

Daniel Sanders

Jun 14, 2016, 6:42:25 AM6/14/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

looks good. I also have ocean marine davits, and engine hoist.

Thierry Danz

Jun 14, 2016, 9:05:48 AM6/14/16
to Cabo Rico
Oceanghost,

I have a 2kW radar on a Questus 400G on my CR42. I like it. I had the bigger model Questus on my previous CR38 but I always thought that that unit put too much force on the backstay chainplate. The 400G rests on the caprail and does not affect the chainplate.

Thierry
CR42#12 CURLEW
Baltimore, MD
IMG_9143.jpg

gregry melnechuk

Jun 14, 2016, 9:16:58 AM6/14/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Have you noticed any brain damage from the micro waves emitted by your radar unit mounted so close to the helm station?

N C

Jun 14, 2016, 9:40:52 AM6/14/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
The brain damage can be easily avoided if you wear a tricorn hat made out of aluminum foil.

Daniel Sanders

Jun 14, 2016, 9:53:23 AM6/14/16
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

This is option I'm going with I think. how do you like your hydro-vane?