Scrobble

Paul786

Aug 29, 2021, 2:02:35 PM8/29/21
to BubbleUPnP
Does anyone know if you can scrobble with BubbleUPnP and how. Bear in mind I am (or might be) just starting out on the scrobbling thing...
Thanks,
Paul

Bubblesoft

Aug 30, 2021, 4:12:41 AM8/30/21
to BubbleUPnP
You can: go into More > Gear icon > Control, tap 'Scrobble' to select a scrobble method (which requires a scrobbling app).
I suggest using the offiicial last.fm app.

Paul786

Aug 30, 2021, 6:13:56 PM8/30/21
to BubbleUPnP
Thanks very much. I am now scrobbling. I assume I am limited to the scrobble services that show up in the app?
Thanks for the quick response.

Bubblesoft

Aug 31, 2021, 5:45:49 AM8/31/21
to BubbleUPnP
Not necessarily:  when a scrobbling service is selected in BubbleUPnP in the settings, the app
sends directly an intent to the selected app.
But other scrobbling app can work independently of this, either by reading media notification (requires permission)
or broadcasted metadata sent by the app.

Paul786

Aug 31, 2021, 12:28:35 PM8/31/21
to Bubblesoft, BubbleUPnP
OK thanks very much. Nice and clear and timely.
Yours,
Paul