eBay no longer searchable with trigger

ihf

Jan 13, 2017, 7:33:15 AM1/13/17
to Quicksilver
I'm not sure exactly when they changed, but eBay no longer supports wildcards ('*") in their searches. As a result my trigger that invokes an eBay search goes to eBay's homepage rather than doing the search. Is there any workaround for this?

Rob McBroom

Jan 13, 2017, 9:18:56 AM1/13/17
to Quicksilver
I’m not sure why wildcard searching is relevant. Do you mean because
you’re trying to search for “***” and copy the resulting URL? If
so, that’s only one way to do it (that I personally never use).

A more reliable way is to search for something like “computer” on
the site, then just manually replace your search term in the URL with
“***”.

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/

Ira Fuchs

Jan 13, 2017, 9:21:54 AM1/13/17
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I tried that but It worked once when I replaced a seasrch word with *** but not again.. It appears that the URL contains more information that may be preventing it. Can you get it to work?

Ira Fuchs

Jan 13, 2017, 9:25:52 AM1/13/17
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
had to change the URL in 2 places. it now seems to work.