How do you make the bareos packages from source?

Ben

Mar 11, 2016, 9:49:44 PM3/11/16
to bareos-devel
I am sure this is an easy question for someone who does the package thing all the time...

I have pulled the bareos source, configured, installed dependencies etc.
I didn't build the QT applications...

Now I want to build the debian packages so I can install on non-development machines.

Thanks

Ben

Ben

Mar 11, 2016, 9:50:35 PM3/11/16
to bareos-devel

I should say: It compiled fine. I just need to make the packages now.

Thanks!

Jörg Steffens

Mar 12, 2016, 6:53:34 AM3/12/16
to bareos...@googlegroups.com
Am 12.03.2016 um 03:50 schrieb Ben:

> I should say: It compiled fine. I just need to make the packages now.

Take a look to .travis.yml. Our Travis check also builds the packages.

Basically it is:

cp -a platforms/packaging/bareos.changes debian/changelog
fakeroot debian/rules binary

regards,
Jörg

--
Jörg Steffens joerg.s...@bareos.com
Bareos GmbH & Co. KG Phone: +49 221 630693-91

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
Komplementär: Bareos Verwaltungs-GmbH
Geschäftsführer:
S. Dühr, M. Außendorf, Jörg Steffens, P. Storz, M. v. Wieringen

Ben

Mar 15, 2016, 9:46:25 PM3/15/16
to bareos-devel

Thanks Jörg that is much easier than what I was trying to do :)
But I am still having a problem:

dpkg-shlibdeps: error: no dependency information found for /usr/local/lib/libfastlz.so.1 (used by debian/bareos-bconsole/usr/bin/bconsole)
Hint: check if the library actually comes from a package.
dh_shlibdeps: dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/bareos-bconsole.substvars debian/bareos-bconsole/usr/bin/bconsole returned exit code 2

I have already downloaded and make install the bareos version of libfastlz.

Thanks!
Ben

Light O'Matic

Mar 15, 2016, 10:46:41 PM3/15/16
to bareos-devel
I got it to build by creating debian/shlibs.local:

ben@dev2:~/src/bareos$ cat debian/shlibs.local
libfastlz 1 libfastlz

This output some warnings but worked.  Still, is there a right way to do this?

Thanks
Ben

Jörg Steffens

Mar 16, 2016, 6:56:44 AM3/16/16
to bareos...@googlegroups.com
Am 16.03.2016 um 03:46 schrieb Light O'Matic:
> I got it to build by creating debian/shlibs.local:
>
> ben@dev2:~/src/bareos$ cat debian/shlibs.local
> libfastlz 1 libfastlz
>

> This output some warnings but worked. Still, is there a right way to do
> this?

I guess, the right way to do is to create a libfastlz package.
However, I just noticed, that our build system (build.opensuse.org) does
not publish Debian sources when the package is only build once and then
aggregated to other projects (as we do for libfastlz). (However, it does
provide source RPMs).

I attached the debian directory for building a libfastlz package.
I assume, that uncompressing it to your git checkout should enable you
to create a debian package.

If you like, you can create a feature request at bugs.bareos.org.
However, do not assume, it gets a high priority. Please refer to this
thread.

regards,
Jörg

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 9:46 PM, Ben
> <light...@gmail.com
> <mailto:joerg.s...@bareos.com>
> > Bareos GmbH & Co. KG Phone: +49 221 630693-91
> <tel:%2B49%20221%20630693-91>
> <tel:%2B49%20221%20630693-10>
> >
> > Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
> > Komplementär: Bareos Verwaltungs-GmbH
> > Geschäftsführer:
> > S. Dühr, M. Außendorf, Jörg Steffens, P. Storz, M. v. Wieringen
>
> --
>

> --

libfastlz.debian.tgz

Light O'Matic