Newbie

andrew

Oct 30, 2014, 6:45:21 AM10/30/14
to aw...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I'm a newbie here. I tried to follow the tutorial of the Bumblebee yet I get an error from this line.
--    class PositionableEntity extends Entity, implements IPositionable

The comma ' , ' is unexpected. But when I try to remove it in order to correct the error, several errors started to occur on different lines. I thought it was only my mistake but when I download the complete project from the website, the error is still the same. Its the unexpected comma. Removing the comma will still produce more error.

Hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Rob Fell

Oct 30, 2014, 12:09:51 PM10/30/14
to aw...@googlegroups.com
Hi, sorry it occurs to me the Bumblebee demo was written in Haxe 2, whereas we're probably all using Haxe 3 now.
Various changes occurred in Haxe syntax during that change, included the comma you mention.

Perhaps use GameFromScratch's quick start as a first step:

Then review the SVN demo:

What platform do you wish to target?

andrew

Oct 30, 2014, 10:15:12 PM10/30/14
to aw...@googlegroups.com
I see, thanks.I'm currently reviewing the demo for js and I'm working on it. BTW, I'm having a problem with awe6 openFL project. It seems that even the default program won't run( I almost tried different platform and Test Project for it). I had that problem since I reinstalled my FlashDevelop.

Rob Fell

Oct 31, 2014, 12:18:14 AM10/31/14
to aw...@googlegroups.com
Can you describe the issue with the awe6 OpenFL project in more detail please.
E.g. what versions of OpenFL and awe6 you have installed, what is the expected result, what is the actual result, and what steps are taken to replicate the result.

I could probably port the BumbleBee demo to CreateJS if JS is your intended target.

jim monta

Oct 31, 2014, 12:57:33 AM10/31/14
That's fine, I'm not into OpenFL anyway. Really you would port the BumbleBee?Wow thank you so much.

Rob Fell

Oct 31, 2014, 5:27:51 PM10/31/14
to aw...@googlegroups.com
I've ported the BumbleBee demo to CreateJS, and added it to SVN here:

It mostly resembles Valerie's original, with some minor modifications to the way Views are constructed.
I added touch controls so this should also work on mobile (with the exception of the Overlay buttons being too small).
There are faster ways to achieve parallax but this demo is useful for many other reasons.

On Thursday, 30 October 2014 21:57:33 UTC-7, andrew wrote:
That's fine, I'm not into OpenFL anyway. Really you would port the BumbleBee?Wow thank you so much.

jim monta

Nov 1, 2014, 7:30:10 AM11/1/14
to aw...@googlegroups.com
Thank You so much!!

jim monta

Nov 3, 2014, 3:13:00 AM11/3/14
to aw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob.Thanks again and this could help me a lot in Parallax. BTW, everything is smooth except for audio. I'm not hearing anything. I'm also having this problem with the sphere demo. I tried different values (max1 for the volume), replace the "Music" to Assets.audio_music_mp3. The mp3 is playing fine if i open the file itself.

andrew

Nov 3, 2014, 3:26:56 AM11/3/14
to aw...@googlegroups.com
Oops.I got it working on my Sphere project. I'll just look into the bumblebee and find out the prob. Thanks Rob

Rob Fell

Nov 3, 2014, 1:33:13 PM11/3/14
to aw...@googlegroups.com

HTML5 audio is notoriously frustrating, it varies significantly from browser to browser, and platform to platform.  Consider also the mime type of the webserver being used (e.g. FlashDevelop's inbuilt neko server's default for mp3 is "unknown/unknown" so is Aborted).  Total insight to the various issues is therefore complex without knowing which browser and webserver is being used.

In this instance ogg will be attempted first, with a mp3 fallback (this can be easily changed to mp4).  Some mobile browsers are crippled further, either requiring a touch event to open the audio channel or have no ability for multi channel interactive sound (in which case awe6 will disable sound completely to prevent the overhead of loading unnecessary assets).  All of this is coded into the CreateJS driver preloader which extends SoundJS and PreloaderJS - it is well tested and handles many of these pains (mime type excepted) automatically.

Or the simple, less safe, approach: for local testing use Chrome with --allow-file-access-from-files flag enabled.