Use PyQt5 with wamp

icefo

Jan 3, 2016, 6:28:20 AM1/3/16
to Autobahn
I used PyQT5 with wamp for a project a few months ago and I think you may be interested by this:

I wrote an example QT5 app that can tell the time and add two numbers. You need PyQt5, Quamash (asyncio event loop for pyqt), autobahn|python, a wamp router and python3 to run this example.

The PyQt5 client

The wamp backend

If you have any question feel free to ask :-)

One last thing: I'm not used to contribute to open source projects so if an autobahn dev or someone that know how to contribute read this, I'd like to have feedback on the issue I opened for autobahn|python. Did I write something relevant ? Did I write it correctly ?

Have a good day :-)

Alexander Gödde

Jan 13, 2016, 7:04:57 AM1/13/16
to Autobahn
Hi!

First of all thanks for posting the links! Always nice to get examples for our tech being combined with other libraries and frameworks.

This would be even more useful to others if you could find the time to package this into a git repository with a working Crossbar.io config + minimal notes on the dependencies. I'd then add a link to it from both the Crossbar.io and the Autobahn|Python docs.

Regarding the issue you opened: This really contained at least two issues, so should have been filed as two. Otherwise: Thanks for filing this! There is no set format for issues - anything which gives a defined issue/suggestion is OK, and welcome.

Overall: Welcome to the world of contributing to open source! Hope you continue, and come back with questions any time!

Regards,

Alex

Adrix Remi

Jan 16, 2016, 6:46:38 PM1/16/16